Tour of Britain

Old June 1st 04, 07:16 PM
Mark McN

Default Tour of Britain

The Tour of Britain is on in September!

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4187

My favourite sentence:

The Tour of Britain used to be known as the Milk Race but the
sponsorship package went sour.

A new sig for Peter Fox? ;-)

--
Mark, UK.
We hope to hear him swear, we love to hear him squeak,
Old June 1st 04, 10:05 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , Mark McN
' ) wrote:

The Tour of Britain is on in September!

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4187

My favourite sentence:

The Tour of Britain used to be known as the Milk Race but the
sponsorship package went sour.

A new sig for Peter Fox? ;-)

What a cheesy joke. Will the tour be going down you whey?

;; may contain traces of nuts, bolts or washers.
Old June 1st 04, 10:27 PM
Mark McN

Reply to Simon Brooke
What a cheesy joke. Will the tour be going down you whey?

It curd, I suppose, it depends which way they rennit. Why, do you
think it'll be going pasteurise?

Old June 1st 04, 10:47 PM
Simonb

Mark McN wrote:
Reply to Simon Brooke
What a cheesy joke. Will the tour be going down you whey?

It curd, I suppose, it depends which way they rennit. Why, do you
think it'll be going pasteurise?

Youghurt to be joking!

Old June 1st 04, 11:05 PM
Vincent Wilcox

Simonb wrote

Youghurt to be joking!

Stop this udder nonsence before Im forced to teat you a lesson.

Old June 1st 04, 11:23 PM
David Martin

On 1/6/04 10:05 pm, in article
, "Simon Brooke"
wrote:

in message , Mark McN
' ) wrote:

The Tour of Britain is on in September!

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4187

My favourite sentence:

The Tour of Britain used to be known as the Milk Race but the
sponsorship package went sour.

A new sig for Peter Fox? ;-)

What a cheesy joke. Will the tour be going down you whey?

Its a tour of England and Wales. Doesn't go anywhere near the other nation
in Great Britain.

...d

Old June 1st 04, 11:40 PM
Simonb

David Martin wrote:
On 1/6/04 10:05 pm, in article
, "Simon Brooke"
wrote:

in message , Mark McN
' ) wrote:

The Tour of Britain is on in September!

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4187

My favourite sentence:

The Tour of Britain used to be known as the Milk Race but the
sponsorship package went sour.

A new sig for Peter Fox? ;-)

What a cheesy joke. Will the tour be going down you whey?

Its a tour of England and Wales. Doesn't go anywhere near the other
nation in Great Britain.

Perhaps it should be called the 'Tour of England and Wales' in that case?
And who's to say it won't go into Scotland/NI in future?

rollseyes

Old June 1st 04, 11:57 PM
Nick Kew

In article ,
Mark McN writes:

A new sig for Peter Fox? ;-)

He's not been the same since the .sig business signed off.

--
Not me guv
Old June 2nd 04, 12:21 AM
David Martin

On 1/6/04 11:40 pm, in article ,
"Simonb" wrote:

Its a tour of England and Wales. Doesn't go anywhere near the other
nation in Great Britain.

Perhaps it should be called the 'Tour of England and Wales' in that case?
And who's to say it won't go into Scotland/NI in future?

rollseyes

Was there not supposed to be a tour de l'ecosse?

What would peoples suggested route be for a tour of Scotland? seven days
plus prologue, start and finish on a Sunday. Aim is not only to get good
racing but to visit some of the great places in Scotland and showcase them
for the tourists.

Here is a first stab at a route going anticlockwise..

Prologue: Edinburgh finishing by the castle

Day 1: Edinburgh Falkirk (past the wheel?) Stirling Perth (scone palace) and
finishing in Dundee for a great sprint in front of the Discovery.

Day 2: Aberdeen Speyside Inverness.
Another day for the sprinters.

Day 3. Fort William, Glencoe, Crianlarich, Ben Lawers to Bridge of Balgie,
past Schieallion to Pitlochry.
Another hilly day.

Day 4. Inverness, Lecht, Cairn o Mount, kirriemuir, Glen Isla, Cairnwell to
finish.
Hilly day.

Day 5. ITT by Loch Lomond. ( I was thinking of Skye or Mull but that would
be too far to go for the transfer).

Day 6. Stranraer to Gretna.
Last day with any hills, over the Rhinns of Kells or the Lowthers

Day 7. Jedburgh, Coldstream, Berwick, Edinburgh.
Or just Berwick to Edinburgh with a city centre circuit to finish.

thoughts?

...d

Old June 2nd 04, 08:05 AM
Graham

"David Martin" wrote in message
On 1/6/04 10:05 pm, in article
, "Simon Brooke"
wrote:

in message , Mark McN
' ) wrote:

The Tour of Britain is on in September!

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4187

My favourite sentence:

The Tour of Britain used to be known as the Milk Race but the
sponsorship package went sour.

A new sig for Peter Fox? ;-)

What a cheesy joke. Will the tour be going down you whey?

Its a tour of England and Wales. Doesn't go anywhere near the other nation
in Great Britain.

..d

I agree, it should be called the tour of england and the bit that sticks
out of england !

Grahm