Eddy on rollers

Old June 16th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Default Eddy on rollers

I hadn't seen this one. Eddy had some quick feet.

Old June 17th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article .com,
RicodJour wrote:

I hadn't seen this one. Eddy had some quick feet.

It's interesting that he spends so much time looking down. I found it easier to
stay in the middle of rollers when I looked ahead. But that's me.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old June 17th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:35:09 -0700, Howard Kveck
wrote:

In article .com,
RicodJour wrote:

I hadn't seen this one. Eddy had some quick feet.

It's interesting that he spends so much time looking down. I found it easier to
stay in the middle of rollers when I looked ahead. But that's me.

Eddie looks where ever he wants.

Ya know all those bad Chuck Norris jokes. Well they're all really about Eddie
Merckx and they're all true and not the least bit funny. When you tell them
about Chuck, they are funny jokes.

Ron
Old June 17th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 16, 10:35 pm, Howard Kveck wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

I hadn't seen this one. Eddy had some quick feet.

It's interesting that he spends so much time looking down. I found it easier to
stay in the middle of rollers when I looked ahead. But that's me.

Eddy didn't usually have many people in front of him, so he didn't get
in the habit of having to keep his focus riveted on the guy in front.
I'm not saying you do, but....ah, hell, yes I am!

Old June 17th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 17, 8:44 am, RonSonic wrote:
Howard Kveck wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

I hadn't seen this one. Eddy had some quick feet.

It's interesting that he spends so much time looking down. I found it easier to
stay in the middle of rollers when I looked ahead. But that's me.

Eddie looks where ever he wants.

Ya know all those bad Chuck Norris jokes. Well they're all really about Eddie
Merckx and they're all true and not the least bit funny. When you tell them
about Chuck, they are funny jokes.

It was nice knowing you, Ron. Eddy is going to have your liver with
some Chianti and fava beans.

Old June 17th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

RonSonic wrote:
Ya know all those bad Chuck Norris jokes. Well they're all really about Eddie
Merckx and they're all true and not the least bit funny. When you tell them
about Chuck, they are funny jokes.

You mean He really has titanium testicles ?

Old June 17th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 17, 9:54 am, Donald Munro wrote:
RonSonic wrote:
Ya know all those bad Chuck Norris jokes. Well they're all really about Eddie
Merckx and they're all true and not the least bit funny. When you tell them
about Chuck, they are funny jokes.

You mean He really has titanium testicles ?

Don't be daft. They're steel with silver-brazed lugs.

Old June 17th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ronaldo_jeremiah

On Jun 16, 10:45 am, RicodJour wrote:
I hadn't seen this one. Eddy had some quick feet.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...29775324130564

No doubting the awesomeness of Eddy, but that really isn't fast at
all. He wouldn't even come close to winning any roller races like
that.

This clip is from La Course en Tete, I believe. It's worth watching
the whole thing if you ain't seen it.

-rj

Old June 17th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 17, 11:41 am, ronaldo_jeremiah
wrote:
On Jun 16, 10:45 am, RicodJour wrote:

I hadn't seen this one. Eddy had some quick feet.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...29775324130564

No doubting the awesomeness of Eddy, but that really isn't fast at
all. He wouldn't even come close to winning any roller races like
that.

He was mugging for the cameras. At full speed it was similar to a
strobe - his legs didn't look like they were moving.

BTW, Eddy might be coming for your liver, too. Lie low for a while -
lights out, shades drawn, don't answer the phone.

Old June 17th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Spisak

You are correct. It is a scene from "La Course En Tete", a wonderful
documentary..

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:

On Jun 16, 10:45 am, RicodJour wrote:

I hadn't seen this one. Eddy had some quick feet.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...29775324130564

No doubting the awesomeness of Eddy, but that really isn't fast at
all. He wouldn't even come close to winning any roller races like
that.

This clip is from La Course en Tete, I believe. It's worth watching
the whole thing if you ain't seen it.

-rj

Eddy, Landis Crescentius Vespasianus Racing 5 July 21st 06 03:04 PM
Eddy Merckx Steve McGinty Racing 10 October 14th 04 03:40 AM
FA: FAT CITY Yo Eddy Angelo Marketplace 0 August 3rd 04 08:52 PM
training wheels for rollers revisited -- front roller placement, steel pipe rollers F1 Techniques 1 November 25th 03 04:46 PM