So what would you do ...

Old November 10th 09, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

Default So what would you do ...

....if you were in his shoes
http://velonews.com/article/99942/co...al-with-astana

Lots of cash. Well, lots promised, anyhow. How's their credit?
Would it be worth it?
Can they provide him with a team?
Does it matter?
Lots of open questions.

I, personally, think he would be better off continuing to look
elsewhere.

DR
Old November 10th 09, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"DirtRoadie" wrote in message
...if you were in his shoes
http://velonews.com/article/99942/co...al-with-astana

Lots of cash. Well, lots promised, anyhow. How's their credit?
Would it be worth it?
Can they provide him with a team?
Does it matter?
Lots of open questions.

I, personally, think he would be better off continuing to look
elsewhere.

They have to have a bank guarantee for several months wages I'm pretty sure.
So if they're offering him enough he only has to ride for them for a year
and then it doesn't matter. Remember that he's still very young.

Old November 10th 09, 04:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

...if you were in his shoeshttp://velonews.com/article/99942/contador-rumored-to-have-big-deal-w...

$12 million is **** you money if you're smart about it.

Old November 10th 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Anton Berlin wrote:
On Nov 9, 9:36 pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
...if you were in his shoeshttp://velonews.com/article/99942/contador-rumored-to-have-big-deal-w...

Lots of cash. Well, lots promised, anyhow. How's their credit?
Would it be worth it?
Can they provide him with a team?
Does it matter?
Lots of open questions.

I, personally, think he would be better off continuing to look
elsewhere.

DR

$12 million is **** you money if you're smart about it.

Yes. Astana needs Contador a lot more than Contador needs Astana.
Old November 11th 09, 03:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Nov 9, 9:04*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
On Nov 9, 9:36*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:

...if you were in his shoeshttp://velonews.com/article/99942/contador-rumored-to-have-big-deal-w...

Lots of cash. Well, lots promised, anyhow. How's their credit?
Would it be worth it?
Can they provide him with a team?
Does it matter?
Lots of open questions.

I, personally, think he would be better off continuing to look
elsewhere.

DR

$12 million is **** you money if you're smart about it.

True, but AC can get that sort of money from other sources that would
be a lot more reliable. I would look elsewhere for a similar, but
more stable, deal.
Old November 11th 09, 03:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Scott" wrote in message

True, but AC can get that sort of money from other sources that would
be a lot more reliable. I would look elsewhere for a similar, but
more stable, deal.

You can bet that he's made a deal that locks that money into his name.

Old November 11th 09, 06:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Nov 9, 11:04*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

$12 million is **** you money if you're smart about it.

For $12 million I'd consider ****ing you...I'd wear a Magilla of
course.

Old November 12th 09, 01:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Scott wrote:

On Nov 9, 9:04*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
On Nov 9, 9:36*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:

...if you were in his shoeshttp://velonews.com/article/99942/contador-rumored-to-have-big-deal-w...

Lots of cash. Well, lots promised, anyhow. How's their credit?
Would it be worth it?
Can they provide him with a team?
Does it matter?
Lots of open questions.

I, personally, think he would be better off continuing to look
elsewhere.

DR

$12 million is **** you money if you're smart about it.

True, but AC can get that sort of money from other sources that would
be a lot more reliable. I would look elsewhere for a similar, but
more stable, deal.

Most money comes from endorsements, not team salary.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old November 12th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Nov 12, 6:31*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Scott wrote:
On Nov 9, 9:04*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
On Nov 9, 9:36*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:

...if you were in his shoeshttp://velonews.com/article/99942/contador-rumored-to-have-big-deal-w...

Lots of cash. Well, lots promised, anyhow. How's their credit?
Would it be worth it?
Can they provide him with a team?
Does it matter?
Lots of open questions.

I, personally, think he would be better off continuing to look
elsewhere.

DR

$12 million is **** you money if you're smart about it.

True, but AC can get that sort of money from other sources that would
be a lot more reliable. *I would look elsewhere for a similar, but
more stable, deal.

Most money comes from endorsements, not team salary.

Thanks,

Magilla

Not necessarily. Big names get big salaries and bigger endorsements.
Smaller names get small salaries and perhaps no endorsements.