Jurors are smarter than Apes - Guilty on all counts

Old November 3rd 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Jurors are smarter than Apes - Guilty on all counts

On Nov 2, 5:51*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
http://www.velonews.com/article/99800

Far ****ing out.
Old November 3rd 09, 05:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Nov 2, 9:30*pm, RicodJour wrote:

True enough. *If he had just expressed some remorse I think there
would have been some leniency. *As it was his SuperLawyer (sheeesh)
was spouting bull**** and blaming someone who was injured.

Now we are likely to see some serious backpedaling (pun intended) on
the part of the doctor and his counsel. They played the "they flipped
me off but I never meant to hurt them" card and it backfired big
time.
Now it's full speed ahead with damage control to try to minimize the
sentence. In light of the judge ordering that he be held without bail
until sentencing (a month away), I doubt that there is much that they
can do. Even if the jurors had been swayed by the BS put on by the
lawyer (they weren't) the judge probably has a far more finely tuned
BS meter.

I had previously predicted the judge might go easy on the jail time
and heavy on community service. Now I'm not so sure. But I think it
likely that the doctor will be attempting to throw lots of money at
the problem - anything to minimize any time behind bars.

I am curious to see whether the doctor now makes any overt statement
of remorse and, if he does, whether it is credible (to either us or
the judge). His lawyers may advise him to do so simply to gain same
leniency from the judge for sentencing. Of course, if he does, he'll
look a bit less than sincere.

And I'm also curious to see if anything happens immediately with the
pending civil suit in which, liability has now been established as a
result of the conviction.

DR
Old November 3rd 09, 09:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_5_]

RicodJour wrote:
I'm 16 miles east of Manhattan on Long Island.

(YABMR) Yet another Bernie Madoff relative.

Old November 3rd 09, 11:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

DirtRoadie wrote:

http://www.velonews.com/article/99800

I'm glad he was found guilty. I was just trying to give him an
adequate defense in here because that's the kind of monkey I am.

But I will say this...that would never have happened to me because I
don't go around flipping off drivers just because they want to drive
faster than a snail-pace 30 mph down a hill. Only an arrogant Cat. 2
Type A-hole who probably donated to the Fraud Fairness Fund thinks they
own the road and are offended when someone wants to pass them and go to
work. And if I did flip someone off and they drove in front of me, I
would be on the brakes long before they had their foot on the brake
because I would have anticipated they would do something like that once
they acted aggressively. But these two cyclists were as clueless and
arrogant as they were uncoordinated.

The doctor was more wrong though, since he made it physical. But the
cyclists are still douchebags, not to mention have Liz Hatch skills on a
bike. I mean, at least Davis Phinney had his head down and was chasing
when he went through the back of a car windshield.

Magilla

Old November 3rd 09, 01:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 2, 9:08 pm, Susan Walker wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
Brad Anders
I'll look you up for that virtual beer next time I'm taking a virtual
tour to...where do you live again?

Stuttgart.

Hmmm...do they have good beer there?

I think they might. However, I'm not quite sure PBA the Porsche engineer
is our PBA.
Old November 3rd 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Nov 2, 9:50*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
On Nov 2, 6:24*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:

On Nov 2, 4:51*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:

http://www.velonews.com/article/99800

Oh, and I'd have loved to have seen his smug-ass face when the verdict
was read.

Brad Anders

You know, I want to amend that statement. There's nothing to be
satisfied about here. Two cyclists were injured, one with disfiguring
injuries, and skilled ER doctor, who probably fixed up a hundred
cyclists who crashed during his career, is looking at prison and has
had his career put it tatters by this incident. Nobody is coming out
ahead here. This isn't a victory, it's a tragedy.

Reality check.

Just proof that someone can be a doctor AND a sociopath.
Docs are a dime a dozen. They're no better than anyone else and quite
a number of them are idiots.

So, one sociopath has been taken off the road, for however long that
lasts. And has multiple well-deserved felony convictions that aren't
likely to all (at least) go away on appeal. Society won, big-time. Not
just the faggots in lycra but everyone else who has had to share the
planet with that piece of ****. Especially his patients.

Reality check. Sounds to me like none of the posters in this thread
have ever had to deal with a sociopath-- who have, chief among other
endearing traits, the drive to totally control other human beings.
Their numbers are estimated to be 1 in 24 of the general population.
Many times they are given a "pass" because people are ignorant of what
they're dealing with, and/or they have "important jobs" that "require
being strict and serious".

Sound like any doctors you've dealt with? Cops? Lawyers?

"After committing a felony around age 15, where most often they escape
full legal retribution due to youth, they learn to find situations
(very much incl. "jobs") where their work is admired and rewarded".

Put the SOB in the hole so he can't **** with anyone while he's in
there and see if he doesn't mellow out a little before he's allowed to
suck free air again. Stop making excuses-- "he probably fixed up
hundreds of cyclists". Jesus Christ!
--D-y
Old November 3rd 09, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

RicodJour wrote:

On Nov 2, 10:35*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
On Nov 2, 6:32*pm, RicodJour wrote:

I'll look you up for that virtual beer next time I'm taking a virtual
tour to...where do you live again?

It's Phoenix, but I've got to figure out a way to get that microbrew
to you more directly. Where are you?

I'm 16 miles east of Manhattan on Long Island. I'll hold you to that
beer - I know you're good for it. I have a brother in Phoenix who is
finishing building his guest house by the pool.

What's the best beach on Long Island?

Magilla

Old November 3rd 09, 02:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Nov 3, 9:04*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

What's the best beach on Long Island?

For what? People watching? Celebrity watching beach? Getting
naked? Getting naked and watching your boyfriend blow his new
boyfriend in the sand dunes? Teenager beach? Family beach?
Accessible beach? Best proximity to {fill in the blank}? Ocean
beach? Beach where you can walk out a hundred feet and the water is
up to your knees? Surfing beach?

There are a lot of beaches, so give me something to work with.

Old November 3rd 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

William Asher wrote:

DirtRoadie wrote:

http://www.velonews.com/article/99800

In a year or two, we should all write the doctor and ask how he likes
married life in prison.

--
Bill Asher

I love the people who claim to stand for justice and always seem to
endorse rape in prison as a 'good form' of extra punishment when in fact
it's a crime that has nothing to do with the justice or correctional
system's intended purpose of existence.

Ariana Huffington would never sleep with you.

Magilla

Old November 3rd 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Nov 3, 9:31*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

endorse rape in prison
justice

Doesn't surprise me.

lauren fickett 925-933-6979 is guilty of tax fraud, attempted carjacking, kidnapping, murder and is guilty of assault and battery 903Dartmouth Way Concord, CA 5884 w tucson estates pkwy tucson, az 520-883-7486 [email protected] Unicycling 1 October 5th 08 01:09 PM
Guilty Until Proven Guilty Burt Racing 3 June 23rd 07 07:00 PM
Millar Line Stage 7: Guilty Guilty Guilty! Ryan Cousineau Racing 0 July 9th 06 12:45 AM
Ed & Mike must be smarter than me di Mountain Biking 8 June 21st 06 06:50 PM