Cyclometers . . .

Old October 23rd 03, 08:40 PM
Gerald Muffoletto Louisiana

Default Cyclometers . . .

(BentJay) wrote in message . com...
If you're following any of the Adventure Cycling maps, knowing
distance to the nearest tenth/mile is helpful as their narratives
refer to mileage. My old Cateye has a hrm function which is useful in
riding an aerobically correct ride when I'm training. Knowing that I
average only 15 mph is information I could do without!

BentJay

My Sigma Sports (SS) 1200 computer stopped working. I brought it to a
bike shop and he ordered a new model 1600 for $20. When it arrived, I
had him do the reading and setup. The letters were bigger than my old
800/1200 SS model plus it has this new feature where I can set the
miles and tripdown. Tripdown counts backwards so that I can just ride
and not worry about directions. I like my computer but I trained
myself to not be so concerned about the computer. The thing that help
me train was the position on my Aero. I placed it on the bar directly
in front. To reach the computer, I have to unclip the water tube and
so I try not to use the computer.
http://www.sigmasport.com/index_eos.html click on "virtual Demo" on
the right.