on Bush and his crashes

Old August 3rd 04, 06:30 PM
Pat

Default on Bush and his crashes

The better ride would be with Kerry because he has more experience in

riding
bikes. He's just all around more athletic than George Bush.

I kinda doubt that. Bush ran the last 5K he was in 20:29 - that's a
hair under 6:37 minute miles - pretty impressive for a guy his age
(and I'll wager better than the majority of us could do). I think
Kerry's probably in pretty good shape for a guy his age as well - but
I haven't seen anything that indicates he's got the legs and lungs to
compete in the presidential race if it was a 5K...

Mark Hickey

Ah, but you are talking about only running. Kerry skis, rides bikes,
windsurfs, and on and on and on. Bush only runs---and now is learning to
ride a bike. Ergo, Kerry is more athletic. And, I can say I haven't seen
anything to indicate that Bush could compete with Kerry in windsurfing....so
what? Do you only pick the sport that you think your man could win? We are
talking about "more athletic" here, not just who can run faster.

Pat in TX

Old August 3rd 04, 10:17 PM
Don Wagner

"Pat" wrote:
See, this can get downright silly. So, Bush practiced and practiced and
threw the ball. Kerry didn't practice and didn't do so well. Bush fell off
of a Segway! Horrors! That surely makes him a "girlie man" eh?

No ReaMan(tm) can ride a Segway.
--Don--
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Old August 4th 04, 02:53 AM
gwhite

Mark Hickey wrote:

Werehatrack wrote:

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 14:56:14 GMT, "mark" wrote:

In their subtle way, I think they're trying to say GWB's not real smart,
period.

It takes subtlety to *not* say it. It takes blindness to not see it.

What does it take to truly believe that a truly dumb person could
actually rise to the most powerful position on earth?

One must only register as a democrat. That's all. In fact, for how
foolish George Bush does appear at times, it is an absolute miracle he's
not a democrat. Of course, he can't compete with Edwards, who seems
hell-bent to set new standards.
Old August 4th 04, 04:07 AM
Mark Hickey

"Pat" wrote:

[...]

The race in question was a 5k (3.1 miles).

I honestly have no idea about what other sports Bush participates in.
I only know about the ones Kerry does because he uses them as photo
ops (not that there's anything wrong with that). We could compare the
one sports activity we've seen 'em both do (throwing a baseball). ;-)

As cyclists, we tend to focus on cardiovascular capacity and leg
strength to measure "athletic ability" (just see some of the "NASCAR
vs. Lance Armstrong threads)... and being able to run sub 6:30 miles
puts Bush in a fairly elite class of athlete. Not close to setting
any records - but fast enough to bubble to the top 5-10% of any local
race in his age group (maybe better). But I'll wager you're right -
not many people from Midland Texas are good windsurfers... (been
there, don't wanna live there).

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old August 4th 04, 04:10 AM
Mark Hickey

gwhite wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

What does it take to truly believe that a truly dumb person could
actually rise to the most powerful position on earth?

One must only register as a democrat. That's all. In fact, for how
foolish George Bush does appear at times, it is an absolute miracle he's
not a democrat. Of course, he can't compete with Edwards, who seems
hell-bent to set new standards.

You may have something there... Theresa Heinz-Kerry seems to have
switched off the common sense circuits fairly often since converting
to Democrat (she was a registered Republican until John's candidacy -
oops). Maybe a lot of people at the convention were smoking weed and
it got to her... ;-) ,---- note

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old August 4th 04, 04:17 AM
Tom Sherman

Mark Hickey wrote:

As cyclists, we tend to focus on cardiovascular capacity and leg
strength to measure "athletic ability" (just see some of the "NASCAR
vs. Lance Armstrong threads)... and being able to run sub 6:30 miles
puts Bush in a fairly elite class of athlete. Not close to setting
any records - but fast enough to bubble to the top 5-10% of any local
race in his age group (maybe better)....

It should be easy for Shrub to keep in shape, since he has never worked
a real job in his life. It is not so easy when it is 12+ hours from the
time one leaves for work until the time one gets home.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old August 4th 04, 06:49 AM
S o r n i

Tom Sherman wrote:
Mark Hickey wrote:

As cyclists, we tend to focus on cardiovascular capacity and leg
strength to measure "athletic ability" (just see some of the "NASCAR
vs. Lance Armstrong threads)... and being able to run sub 6:30 miles
puts Bush in a fairly elite class of athlete. Not close to setting
any records - but fast enough to bubble to the top 5-10% of any local
race in his age group (maybe better)....

It should be easy for Shrub to keep in shape, since he has never
worked a real job in his life. It is not so easy when it is 12+ hours
from the time one leaves for work until the time one gets home.

Oh boo hoo. Doesn't cleaning the Slurpy machine keep you toned enough?

Bill "Kerry marries his net worth" S.

Old August 4th 04, 07:32 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article , "Pat"
wrote:

Tell me, truthfully, Don, can YOU throw a ball from a major league

diamond
60 feet and make it a strike? Can you? I doubt it. Don't forget, the

mound
is higher than the ground around it. Many a "manly man" has tried this
little trick and found it to be much more difficult than the casual fan
would imagine. It takes lots and lots of practice. So don't rag on the

guy.

Bush nailed it.
Ron

And I can tell both you and Mark that Bush took a lot of time to practice.
It was in the news about him taking off from his work to practice throwing
the ball so that he wouldn't look bad. Evidently Kerry is more secure in his
manhood than Bush because he didn't think it was important to do a lot of
behind the scenes preparation, eh?

Who says Kerry didn't? But W. has considerable previous experience with
baseball, and not just in the Rangers' front office. I doubt it took
very much work to get back in form. Not that any of this really matters,
not even to us .

See, this can get downright silly. So, Bush practiced and practiced and
threw the ball. Kerry didn't practice and didn't do so well. Bush fell off
of a Segway! Horrors! That surely makes him a "girlie man" eh?

Yes, but he's out-girlied by the Kerry's visit to NASA. Not because of
JFK's costume dysfunction (not a big deal except to those who thought
Dukakis lost because he looks like Snoopy in a tank, or Bush 41 lost
because he couldn't keep his food down), but because JFK or his handlers
had the poor judgment to throw a hissy fit about it.

ObBike: I could out-ride either of these guys. This does not make me a
good candidate for US President. Mainly because I am too young, have the
wrong passport, and was born in the wrong country.

Well, there may be other reasons,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.wiredcola.com
Verus de parvis; verus de magnis.
Old August 4th 04, 02:42 PM
Mark Hickey

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

ObBike: I could out-ride either of these guys. This does not make me a
good candidate for US President. Mainly because I am too young, have the
wrong passport, and was born in the wrong country.

Hmmmm. Imagine if the presidential race was on the bike. I guess
Lance would be president (or maybe not - he's not 35 yet).

Well, there may be other reasons,

I can think of a few.... ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old August 4th 04, 03:20 PM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Mark Hickey wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

ObBike: I could out-ride either of these guys. This does not make me a
good candidate for US President. Mainly because I am too young, have the
wrong passport, and was born in the wrong country.

Hmmmm. Imagine if the presidential race was on the bike. I guess
Lance would be president (or maybe not - he's not 35 yet).

Heaven help us all. Can you imagine a world where the nation's most
insufferable fattie master racer was our leader? Just imagine what
Gaggioli (to choose someone at random) would do....

Well, there may be other reasons,

I can think of a few.... ;-)

(Let sleeping dogs lie, Ryan...)