CM ties up traffic, beats drivers, slashing their tires with knives

Old April 18th 05, 10:03 PM
Blackie

Default CM ties up traffic, beats drivers, slashing their tires with knives

It's not about safety when you tie up traffic and beat drivers, slashing
their tires with knives.

I found the CM site, and bicycleaustin (anotherCM site, but poor), and
Cronical who has a CM staff writing biased articals.

That is not what the film shows, the car was driving into a clear space, and
did not hit any bicycles.

There will be undercover cops there too.
=v= Well, they're part of the Mass, too. :^) They're the ones
who try to get to the front of the ride and get people to go
the wrong way down one-way streets, 'cause it's anarchy, dude!
_Jym_

WAS this STAGED or CAUSED By CRITICAL MASS ? YES.

---- he was beaten by four bicyclists, bicyclist arrested, one did not give
name.

Buck wrote:

I'm glad to see that you finally admit that CM could be doing more harm
than good. I would love to
know where you get your data about the time and space constraints of the
anger against cyclists
after a CM event and how widespread the consciousness about cycling really
is. Have you found a
survey or are you relying upon personal experience?

Here's some personal experience of how drivers feel about a bunch of
bicyclists blocking traffic:

---
Austin American-Statesman 29 Sept 01
CENTRAL TEXAS: Bikes block traffic; driver charged
by Jonathan Osborne, American-Statesman Staff, PAGE: B2

AUSTIN -- Several dozen members of the bicycle-awareness group Critical Mass
blocked downtown traffic Friday evening at the intersection of Congress
Avenue and Cesar Chavez Street in what rider Ezra Teeter called "a protest
against a lack of bicycle lanes." (With several Movie Camaras)

The protest turned into a melee when Mike Henderson, frustrated by the
delay, (they blocked him for 1/2 hour) drove his Jeep Wrangler into the
intersection. He narrowly missed several bicyclists but hit the front end of
Krissy Morrow's Honda Civic. "I was probably in the wrong," said Henderson,
who acknowledged driving into the crowd of bicyclists.

Henderson, who said he was beaten by four bicyclists, (he was taken to
hospital) was charged with reckless driving, said Austin police spokesman
Paul Flanigan. (his tires were cut, he was spit upon and his car keyed by
several bicycle riders)

The bicyclists cheered when Henderson was handcuffed and placed in a squad
car. An unidentified bicyclist, whose friends said he was one of the riders
who beat Henderson, also was taken into custody, but police had no
information on him late Friday. Morrow said she and her 4-year-old son were
not injured. But her Honda had to be towed away.

Said one bicycle rider who declined to give his name: "We were just trying
to raise awareness about bike safety."

----------------From Channel 8 news Austin-----------------

It's not about safety when you tie up traffic and beat drivers, slashing
their tires with knives.

I don't support Critical Mass, and I don't support our local alternative
"Courteous Mass," either. Courteous Mass arose from the above incident. I
went to one Courteous Mass ride, so I don't even know if they still get
together. It seemed redundant since the same people showed up for both
rides, and they were just as discourteous at Courteous Mass as they were at
Critical Mass.

I'm a bike commuter. I have to share the road with cars the other 29-30 days
out of the month Critical Mass people aren't tying up traffic. Some of those
drivers have bad impressions of cyclists based upon experiences with
Critical Mass. Regardless of why people have negative impressions, I do
everything I can to make sure I leave a favorable one.

Riding with a band of hooligans won't leave a positive impression with
anyone, except other hooligans maybe. I guess that's why I wasn't too
surprised that at least one CM person suggested that other cyclists aren't
doing enough if they're not with CM. I'm active in writing my city
councilmembers and working within the system. It does work and it doesn't
hurt the image of cycling or the relationship between drivers and
bicyclists. Our city has a pretty good system of bike lanes (always room for
improvement), and we're about to spend $4 million on the 5.7 mile
Lance Armstrong Bikeway.

This project wouldn't have received the support it has if it had been left
up to Critical Mass or others whose lawlessness masquerades as "activism."
(or "" 'cause it's anarchy, dude! _Jym_"")

Old April 19th 05, 03:35 PM
Paul R

The protest turned into a melee when Mike Henderson, frustrated by the
delay, (they blocked him for 1/2 hour) drove his Jeep Wrangler into the
intersection. He narrowly missed several bicyclists but hit the front end

of
Krissy Morrow's Honda Civic. "I was probably in the wrong," said

Henderson,
who acknowledged driving into the crowd of bicyclists.

A guy drove his truck into an intersection full of people. He derserved a
beating.

If the same guy have driven his truck into an intersection full of children
and was beaten up you'd be cheering.

Paul

Old April 19th 05, 05:02 PM
Jonny

"Paul R" wrote in message

The protest turned into a melee when Mike Henderson, frustrated by the
delay, (they blocked him for 1/2 hour) drove his Jeep Wrangler into the
intersection. He narrowly missed several bicyclists but hit the front

end
of
Krissy Morrow's Honda Civic. "I was probably in the wrong," said

Henderson,
who acknowledged driving into the crowd of bicyclists.

A guy drove his truck into an intersection full of people. He derserved a
beating.

Not true, look at the film clips on line, he did not hit anybody at all.

Mean, violent, asshole bicycle riders dragged him out of the car and beat
him so badly he had to go to the hospital.

If the same guy have driven his truck into an intersection full of

children
and was beaten up you'd be cheering.

That is not what happened at all dork.

Old April 19th 05, 05:24 PM
Paul R

"Jonny" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Paul R" wrote in message

The protest turned into a melee when Mike Henderson, frustrated by the
delay, (they blocked him for 1/2 hour) drove his Jeep Wrangler into

the
intersection. He narrowly missed several bicyclists but hit the front

end
of
Krissy Morrow's Honda Civic. "I was probably in the wrong," said

Henderson,
who acknowledged driving into the crowd of bicyclists.

A guy drove his truck into an intersection full of people. He derserved

beating.

Not true, look at the film clips on line, he did not hit anybody at all.

He drove his truck through a crowd.

Mean, violent, asshole bicycle riders dragged him out of the car and beat
him so badly he had to go to the hospital.

And the guy in the t_r_u_c_k who drove through a crowd of people in an
intersection is not mean or violent or an asshole? He didn't threaten
anyone?

He could have simply turned around and gone a different direction.

If hit didn't hit anyone, he was lucky.

If the same guy have driven his truck into an intersection full of

children
and was beaten up you'd be cheering.

That is not what happened at all dork.

I didn't say that.

I see a culture of serious misunderstanding between auto drivers and
cyclists. Often drivers just can't understand the rage that can surface in
altercations between cars and cyclists.

What drivers, and many cyclists (especially those in rural areas, or those
who don't ride in traffic) really don't understand is that cyclists riding
with traffic are CONTINUALLY threatened, cut off, forced to make emergency
manouvers, all the while being shouted and honked at by obnoxious drivers
who think we're an obstruction rather than a fellow citizen.

I've been an urban cyclist for over 20 years. I've never had a serious
accident, but hundreds of minor altercations that have left me deeply
suspicious of any motor vehicle within range of me.

I've got dozens of stories like the one about the bus that cut me off,
leaving me at the side of the road in tears, the number of doors that have
missed me by inches, the cabbies who pass then slam on their brakes right in
front, the pedestrians who step directly in my path as they are looking
right at me, the tinted window escalade turning right without looking who
then yelled at me for putting my hand on his car as I held myself up, trying
to turn right with him so I don't end up under his wheels, or the driver who
passed me close enough to brush my elbow with his mirror (on an empty 4 lane
roadway), then swerved over 6 feet to pass a pile of dirt on the side of the
road.

Frankly, I'm amazed that things like this don't happen more often.

And, ultimately, it's DRIVERS who must change their behaviour. In general,
cyclists are NOT endangering motorists, unless they are fighting back.

that's what I think,
Paul

Old April 19th 05, 06:28 PM
Jonny

"Paul R" wrote in message

"Jonny" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Paul R" wrote in message

The protest turned into a melee when Mike Henderson, frustrated by

the
delay, (they blocked him for 1/2 hour) drove his Jeep Wrangler into

the
intersection. He narrowly missed several bicyclists but hit the

front
end
of
Krissy Morrow's Honda Civic. "I was probably in the wrong," said
Henderson,
who acknowledged driving into the crowd of bicyclists.

A guy drove his truck into an intersection full of people. He

derserved
beating.

Not true, look at the film clips on line, he did not hit anybody at

all.

He drove his truck through a crowd.

**No he did not. Look at the film, he drove it - upto the crowd, and they
closed in on him, are you blind?

Mean, violent, asshole bicycle riders dragged him out of the car and

beat
him so badly he had to go to the hospital.

And the guy in the t_r_u_c_k who drove through a crowd of people in an
intersection is not mean or violent or an asshole? He didn't threaten
anyone?

**He did not drive over anybody or injure any bicycle rider, numb nuts.

**Critical Mass Bicycle riders dragged him out of the truck and beat him so
severly he had to go to the Hospital.

He could have simply turned around and gone a different direction.

Because Critical Mass was illegally blocking traffic?

If hit didn't hit anyone, he was lucky.

view the film on line, dweebe, he did not hit anybody,
Critical Mass attacked him with knives and beat him.

If the same guy have driven his truck into an intersection full of

children
and was beaten up you'd be cheering.

That is not what happened at all dork.

I didn't say that.

I see a culture of serious misunderstanding between auto drivers and
cyclists. Often drivers just can't understand the rage that can surface in
altercations between cars and cyclists.

This was intentionally caused by Critical Mass, and they BEAT UP a stranger.
**** Critical Mass.

What drivers, and many cyclists (especially those in rural areas, or those
who don't ride in traffic) really don't understand is that cyclists riding
with traffic are CONTINUALLY threatened, cut off, forced to make emergency
manouvers, all the while being shouted and honked at by obnoxious drivers
who think we're an obstruction rather than a fellow citizen.

The car drivers don't get out of their cars and BEAT YOU UP do they?

[...]

Critical Mass intentionally tries to cause accidents, and beat up innocent
confused drivers, and they have no right to assault someone sending him to
the hospital.

Old April 19th 05, 07:26 PM
Paul R

"Jonny" wrote in message

A guy drove his truck into an intersection full of people. He

derserved
a beating.

Not true, look at the film clips on line, he did not hit anybody at

all.

He drove his truck through a crowd.

**No he did not. Look at the film, he drove it - upto the crowd, and they
closed in on him, are you blind?

Look at the REST of the film:

Here's what really happened (and we have the video below to prove it): Mike
Henderson, frustrated by the delay, squealed his tires and sped his jeep
recklessly through a pack of cyclists, who parted to avoid getting hit.
Cyclists then surrounded him at the red light and yelled at him. The light
turned green, and then Henderson STEPPED on his accelerator, plowing right
through cyclist Justin Davis (slamming him into the ground), while Davis'
bike was caught under the wheels. Henderson proceeded to crash into Krissy
Morrow's Honda Civic which was waiting at the same light but headed in the
opposite direction. Henderson got out of his jeep and one cyclist
(reportedly one of those whose bike Henderson hit) pushed Henderson's head
with his hand. Henderson then walked around his jeep and grabbed another
cyclist's bike, throwing it to the ground. That cyclist punched Henderson in
the face. No other punches were thrown, Henderson certainly wasn't "beat
up", and what little did happen certainly wasn't unprovoked (though I by no
means support it). During this time, a cyclist slashed at least one of
Henderson's tires.

I see a culture of serious misunderstanding between auto drivers and
cyclists. Often drivers just can't understand the rage that can surface

in
altercations between cars and cyclists.

This was intentionally caused by Critical Mass, and they BEAT UP a

stranger.
**** Critical Mass.

I rest my case.....

What drivers, and many cyclists (especially those in rural areas, or

those
who don't ride in traffic) really don't understand is that cyclists

riding
with traffic are CONTINUALLY threatened, cut off, forced to make

emergency
manouvers, all the while being shouted and honked at by obnoxious

drivers
who think we're an obstruction rather than a fellow citizen.

The car drivers don't get out of their cars and BEAT YOU UP do they?

Oh, so it's OK to terrorize us and yell at us and cut us off. There is only
a problem when drivers beat up cyclists? The paragraph above has NOTHING to
do with critical mass, by the way.

[...]

Utter bull****. You are ignorant. Why don't you join a critical mass ride
and see for yourself. Imagine riding your bike down the street feeling
perfectly safe, surrounded by like minded cyclists ringing bells, singing
and smiling with the cheering spectators.

and they have no right to assault someone sending him to
the hospital.

No, however nor did the driver who started it all.

Old April 19th 05, 11:09 PM
Jym Dyer

It's not about safety when you tie up traffic and beat drivers,
slashing their tires with knives.

=v= Quite true. It is similarly not about safety when you abduct
cattle with UFOs and subject them to Satanic ritual abuse.

=v= Interesting that "Blackie" here pops up, writing exactly the
same way as "Jonny" and resurrecting long-debunked crap that was
originally reposted a few times by other anonymous cowards who
wrote exactly the same way as "Blackie" and "Jonny."

=v= Well, no, not really all that interesting at all. All it
really tells us is something about this particular anonymous
troll, and who cares?
_Jym_
Old April 20th 05, 03:13 AM
Blackie

"Jym Dyer" wrote in message
om...
It's not about safety when you tie up traffic and beat drivers,
slashing their tires with knives.

=v= Quite true. It is similarly not about safety when you abduct
cattle with UFOs and subject them to Satanic ritual abuse.

Denials, Spin, and Lies is all you will get from Critical Mass organizer
"Jym".

It happened in Austin, Texas films are here
http://bicycleaustin.info/cm/index.html#video

You can see everything that happened, ignore the biased introduction, see
for yourself, and read the Austin American Statesman newspaper accounts of
it.

Critical Mass members stopped a car, (had hit no one) dragged out the
driver, and beat him so severely he had to
go to the hospital.

Then Critical Mass went around knifing all the car tiers they could find.

The fact they, CM, had no less than 3 cameras with them told police that CM
was out to cause trouble, serious trouble like they did here, assaulting a
man.

CM is officially and completely DEAD here in Austin, because of this event.

Old April 20th 05, 03:31 AM
Jonny

"Paul R" wrote in message

"Jonny" wrote in message

[...]

That is a lie, by Michael Bluejay owner of theis CM site. That did not
happen, it was not in the police report either, only his bike got run over
and that was because Justin Davis threw it there.

Austin American-Statesman, 9-29-01
Metro & State Roundup
CENTRAL TEXAS: Bikes block traffic; driver charged
by Jonathan Osborne, American-Statesman Staff, PAGE: B2
AUSTIN -- Several dozen members of the bicycle-awareness group Critical Mass
blocked downtown traffic Friday evening at the intersection of Congress
Avenue and Cesar Chavez Street in what rider Ezra Teeter called "a protest
against a lack of bicycle lanes."
The protest turned into a melee when Mike Henderson, frustrated by the
delay, drove his Jeep Wrangler into the intersection. He narrowly missed
several bicyclists but hit the front end of Krissy Morrow's Honda Civic. "I
was probably in the wrong," said Henderson, who acknowledged driving into
the crowd of bicyclists.
Henderson, who said he was beaten by four bicyclists, was charged with

Old April 20th 05, 04:01 PM
Jym Dyer

=v= I encourage people to watch that video because it contradicts
what the cowardly anonymous "Blackie" claims in the title and in
the thread. If anyone cares, the cowardly anonymous "Honey F."
(another sockpuppet like "Blackie" and "Jonny," who writes the
same way) tried making these claims just last February, and was
roundly and soundly debunked:

http://groups.google.ca/groups?threa...individual.net

=v= Truly pathetic that all he's got to offer is the same old
idiocy all over again, without even changing a word. It just
shows how desperately bankrupt his anti-CM arguments are.
_Jym_

Road or Sidewalk? K-Man General 74 June 19th 04 12:26 AM
Fame at last! [warning: contains 5m*th] Just zis Guy, you know? UK 308 March 29th 04 12:00 AM
Hoey's source Andy B UK 46 October 24th 03 12:58 PM
Traffic Tantrums Just zis Guy, you know? UK 3 August 15th 03 12:00 AM