Galfer Disc: Anybody bought one recently?

Old February 26th 05, 02:19 AM
(Pete Cresswell)

Default Galfer Disc: Anybody bought one recently?

I got one about a year ago. Liked it so much that I ordered two more when I
toasted the disc on another bike.

But the two that just arrived look different from the one I have. Same
pattern, but the new ones have no brand, no "Patented"...no markings whatsover.

They're also kind of crude. Still cut by some kind of laser machine I'd guess,
but I had to file the inside circle quite a bit to get one to fit on my Rohloff
hub, the surfaces are really scratched/scraped up, and both discs had quite a
bit of some sort of greasy stuff on the braking surfaces.

My kneejerk reaction is that somebody's having lookalikes made in someplace like
the PRC and selling them in Galfer containers.

http://tinyurl.com/6qz4t
--
PeteCresswell
Old February 26th 05, 10:52 AM

Seen the dics before but never the company. Must be
Germen or Swiss.

Old February 26th 05, 11:22 AM
Bulldog

More info on http://galferusa.com/

schreef in bericht

Old February 26th 05, 08:44 PM

See you can learn something new.

Old February 27th 05, 06:39 PM

And then I open a magazine and there were their brake
pads. Come to find out its a company from Spain.

Old February 27th 05, 09:00 PM
(Pete Cresswell)

Per :
And then I open a magazine and there were th

I should add that the non-standard-looking rotor seems to work a-ok...
--
PeteCresswell