Maverick Sus: What Are The Downsides?

Old January 7th 05, 09:55 PM
Bruce Edge

Wesley wrote:
"Bruce Edge" wrote in message

What does he weigh?
My friend Dave is a clydesdale on an Id with the Maverick 6" in front, and
he keeps cracking the axle clamps.

-Bruce

He is about 195 #'s. Wow how much does your friend weigh?

Looks like about 250 or so.
Old January 9th 05, 02:26 PM
Scott

"Bruce Edge" wrote in message
Looks like about 250 or so.

No I would say Ray is about 170 wow at 250 I would RUN not walk away from
the Maverick.

Old January 9th 05, 10:54 PM
(Pete Cresswell)

Per Scott:
No I would say Ray is about 170 wow at 250 I would RUN not walk away from
the Maverick.

Howcome?
--
PeteCresswell
Old January 12th 05, 08:31 PM
Bruce Edge

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:
Per Scott:

No I would say Ray is about 170 wow at 250 I would RUN not walk away from
the Maverick.

Howcome?

Go look closely at one of those forks. There is no steerer tube. Instead
there's an aluminum bolt about as thick as a pencil.

Old January 12th 05, 09:33 PM
(Pete Cresswell)

Per Bruce Edge:
Howcome?

Go look closely at one of those forks. There is no steerer tube. Instead
there's an aluminum bolt about as thick as a pencil.

Oops, I thought you were referring to the rear sus system - although it's got a
couple of cheesy-looking bolts of it's own...
--
PeteCresswell
Old January 12th 05, 09:55 PM
Dean A. Stepper

"Bruce Edge" wrote in message
(Pete Cresswell) wrote:
Per Scott:

No I would say Ray is about 170 wow at 250 I would RUN not walk away from
the Maverick.

Howcome?

Go look closely at one of those forks. There is no steerer tube. Instead
there's an aluminum bolt about as thick as a pencil.

You are discounting the added strength of the second crown

Old January 12th 05, 10:48 PM

Have there been problems? I think Fagerlin's using one....

/s

Old January 13th 05, 02:04 AM
Dean A. Stepper

wrote in message
oups.com...
Have there been problems? I think Fagerlin's using one....

/s

No problems here...been on my 5-spot for almost a year. Replaced a Fox
125RLC.

Old January 13th 05, 03:40 AM
Slacker

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:31:15 -0800, Bruce Edge =

wrote:

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:
Per Scott:

No I would say Ray is about 170 wow at 250 I would RUN not walk away=

=

from the Maverick.

Howcome?

Go look closely at one of those forks. There is no steerer tube. Inste=

ad =

there's an aluminum bolt about as thick as a pencil.

Hmmmm... you mean like this
http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/forkisobig.jpg

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/tripleclamp.html

-- =