Another woman mown down by a cyclist

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 13th 17, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Another woman mown down by a cyclist

A cyclist was arrested after a pensioner was left fighting for her life
in a crash in Oxford Street.
The woman, in her seventies, suffered serious head injuries in the crash
near Bond Street station at 4.30pm yesterday. She was taken to hospital
where she remained today with “life- threatening” injuries. Her family
were at her side.
Scotland Yard said the cyclist stopped at the scene. He was arrested
after checks showed he was wanted in connection with an unrelated
alleged offence involving criminal damage.
The cyclist was seen arguing with officers as hordes of shoppers
watched. He shouted to the half-dozen officers trying to restrain him:
“You’re breaking my arm, what are you holding me for? You are trying to
make a show of me. That’s what police do.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3633906.html