Always give way to traffic on a major road

Old March 8th 18, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Always give way to traffic on a major road

Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 7:20:45 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 2:58:13 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
Kirk Lane was killed instantly when he rode out of a Matson side
road into the path of an oncoming car, an inquest heard today.

"He cycled everywhere. He was a careful rider. He did not wear a
helmet."

The collision occurred due to him failing to give way at the
junction and pulling out into the path of the Astra. It is
possible he may have been slightly impaired due to the cannabis."

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...ver-18-1313897

If it was a car failing to give way to a cyclist you would tell us
it was the cyclist's fault for not being able to stop.

Nope.
Try harder.

Do some research.

I have.
Your turn.

Old March 9th 18, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 09/03/18 04:06, JNugent wrote:
On 08/03/2018 14:58, MrCheerful wrote:

Kirk Lane was killed instantly when he rode out of a Matson side road
into the path of an oncoming car, an inquest heard today.

"He cycled everywhere. He was a careful rider. He did not wear a helmet."

The collision occurred due to him failing to give way at the junction
and pulling out into the path of the Astra. It is possible he may have
been slightly impaired due to the cannabis."

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...ver-18-1313897

"He was a careful rider"?

Bicyclists and drugs .... where have I heard that before?
Old March 9th 18, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 09/03/18 08:19, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
JNugent wrote:
On 08/03/2018 14:58, MrCheerful wrote:

Kirk Lane was killed instantly when he rode out of a Matson side road
into the path of an oncoming car, an inquest heard today.

"He cycled everywhere. He was a careful rider. He did not wear a
helmet." The collision occurred due to him failing to give way at the
junction
and pulling out into the path of the Astra. It is possible he may
have been slightly impaired due to the cannabis."

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...ver-18-1313897

"He was a careful rider"?

All cyclists are careful riders.
Even the mostly drugged up ones.

No.
Fatal word "all"
Old March 9th 18, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 8:27:18 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 7:20:05 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 2:58:13 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
Kirk Lane was killed instantly when he rode out of a Matson side
road into the path of an oncoming car, an inquest heard today.

"He cycled everywhere. He was a careful rider. He did not wear a
helmet."

The collision occurred due to him failing to give way at the
junction and pulling out into the path of the Astra. It is
possible he may have been slightly impaired due to the cannabis."

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...ver-18-1313897

'He did not wear a helmet', obviously if he did wear a helmet he
would still be alive.

Why?

Why was the fact that he did not wear a helmet relevant?

Why did you not answer my question?

What question?

Oh look, here it is again

Where?

. Can you try a little harder to answer my
question?

What question?

We are aware that you are not very bright.

Who is we?

Old March 9th 18, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 2:58:13 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
Kirk Lane was killed instantly when he rode out of a Matson side
road into the path of an oncoming car, an inquest heard today.

"He cycled everywhere. He was a careful rider. He did not wear a
helmet."

The collision occurred due to him failing to give way at the
junction and pulling out into the path of the Astra. It is
possible he may have been slightly impaired due to the cannabis."

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...ver-18-1313897

If it was a car failing to give way to a cyclist you would tell us
it was the cyclist's fault for not being able to stop.

Nope.
Try harder.

Do some research.

I have.
Your turn.

Today I researched the difference between the apparent Carbon to Nitrogen ratios of Prawns and the actual Carbon to Nitrogen ratios of Prawns using a Costech 4010 Elemental Analyser.

What did you do?

Old March 9th 18, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 09/03/2018 10:45, Peter Keller wrote:
On 09/03/18 04:06, JNugent wrote:
On 08/03/2018 14:58, MrCheerful wrote:

Kirk Lane was killed instantly when he rode out of a Matson side road
into the path of an oncoming car, an inquest heard today.

"He cycled everywhere. He was a careful rider. He did not wear a helmet."

The collision occurred due to him failing to give way at the junction
and pulling out into the path of the Astra. It is possible he may have
been slightly impaired due to the cannabis."

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...ver-18-1313897

"He was a careful rider"?

Bicyclists and drugs .... where have I heard that before?

Good point. Though at this stage, I extend Bradley the benefit of the doubt.