"fender plate" (?)

Old March 4th 18, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default "fender plate" (?)

The other day I discovered you can buy a pile
of small plates that look like the letter T,
only the down line has a hole in it, and the
side lines are split.

The down part with the hole is connected to the
bridge between the saddle tubes, which also
holds/can hold the rear hand brake. The side
parts are twisted around the fender.

Even the first time I did it it looked/worked
great so I think do it a couple of times and
one can do it spotless even to people who know
where to look.

The only problem was the plate was too strong
to manually give the last push, but using
a polygrip, the black coating went away.
One should have a polygrip [1] only with soft
plastic or rubber jaws as that would be enough
without damaging the material.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue-and-groove_pliers

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old March 4th 18, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 04 Mar 2018 04:08:48 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

One should have a polygrip [1] only with soft
plastic or rubber jaws as that would be enough
without damaging the material.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue-and-groove_pliers

Google for "soft jaw pliers".
https://www.google.com/search?q=soft+jaw+pliers&tbm=isch

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old March 4th 18, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Google for "soft jaw pliers".
https://www.google.com/search?q=soft+jaw+pliers&tbm=isch

OK, I'll put that on the list along with
deep well sockets, durometer, IR camera,
SAE thread gauge, etc. etc.