best type of shoes for uni?

Old April 28th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
warlord14

Default best type of shoes for uni?

i want to get a good pair of shoes for uni because my skate shoes are to
fat wut is a good shoe that is thin and i will have good movement with
for tricks.

--
warlord14
Old April 28th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vanpaun

five tens are supposedly good

--
vanpaun

Getting good is'nt about wanting it, needing it, paying for it; its
about commiting to it. Sure, you may be able to n-spin, flip, drop; but
will you stick with it, live for it, go through pain for it. If not,
your not good. Your wasted effort.
Old April 28th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tjorning

I've used converse, pumas, and light weight hikers (5.10s would be good)
and they all worked fine for me. converse are the best for freestyle,
but don't have enough padding/support for big stuff.

--
Tjorning
Old April 28th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Magixause

Nike SBs are what I use and I like them alot...although they are really
thrashed now

--
Magixause

Magixauce+Uni=/3
Old April 28th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
colin340

i like something with a stiff sole big hiking boots work well for me

--
colin340

what i do when not in the saddle
'first robotics ' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMT3V5VBqJo)
Old April 28th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

? skate shoes are the best!

Maybe try BMX shoes. Ive ridden a bit with some 'Orchids'
(http://www.orchidfootwear.com/shoes.html). I think they were a bit
more narrow... They worked well. Though they are still quite wide.

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism.

www.bedfordunicycles.ca
Old April 28th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

At least for MUni, I've never owned a better shoe[-S-I-Z-E-=-2-]-.-
-[/size]Ultra comfy, great fit, padded ankle protection, amazing grip.
Since I started using this particular shoe, I have not had a single
ankle inversion injury/sprain. Drop with confidence!
They are quite simply the best!

(Hmm, Five Ten should sponsor me too! That would make three!)
I'm buying my third pair this week! They are long wearing as it is, but
even longer when you switch from day to
day.[-S-I-Z-E-=-2-]-[-S-I-Z-E-=-1-]-:-D-
[/size][/size]

|Filename: 5 10.jpg |

MuniAddict

'My videos' (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699)

My sponsors:
_www.uniproshop.com_
'www.sixsixone.com' (http://sixsixone.com/)
Old April 28th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

MuniAddict wrote:
At least for MUni, I've never owned a better shoe[-S-I-Z-E-=-2-]-.-
-[/size]Ultra comfy, great fit, padded ankle protection, amazing grip.
Since I started using this particular shoe, I have not had a single
ankle inversion injury/sprain. Drop with confidence!
They are quite simply the best!

(Hmm, Five Ten should sponsor me too! That would make three!)
I'm buying my third pair this week! They are long wearing as it is, but
even longer when you switch from day to
day.[-S-I-Z-E-=-2-]-[-S-I-Z-E-=-1-]-:-D-
[/size][/size]

These are also my favorite unicycling shoes. They have fantastic
grip.

One thing I would say is they're by no means complete ankle protection.
I've sprained my ankle twice while wearing them.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
Old April 28th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Someone should come in here and say that there is no one "best" shoe for
"unicycling." There are too many different kinds of unicycling.

I just got my Five Tens, at the recommendation of forum users.
Excellent for road, and I'm sure they'll be great for MUni as well. I
would hate them for doing tricks though. For that I'd want more "feel"
through my feet, and the need for a stiff sole is basically not there.
For that I still prefer turf shoes, or something with a studded bottom
for tire grip.

Meanwhile, the Five Tens have very grippy rubber. So grippy in fact,
that I had a hard time repositioning my feet on my pinned pedals. I'm
used to a textured shoe that's easier to adjust by twisting my foot
around. Once I get used to these I'll be able to ride with more
confidence than ever! There is also some tread on the soles, but not as
much as the turf shoes I prefer, and the stiff soles would make them a
poor choice if you plan to do lots of wheel walking or other
non-pedaling tricks.

BTW, hard-soled shoes are probably also very good for landing drops, so
they're probably good for straight Trials as well, though less useful
for Street or any trick-based forms of riding.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
Old April 28th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

steveyo wrote:
These are also my favorite unicycling shoes. They have fantastic grip.

One thing I would say is they're by no means complete ankle protection.
I've sprained my ankle twice while wearing them.

Ok let me clarify; By ankle protection, I'm referring to the fact that
it protects against scraping/shredding your ankle *on* the edges of the
cranks or whatever. I should also stress again, that since I've been
using these shoes, the incidence of *any* type of ankle injury,
including sprains, has gone down to....Zero! Luck? Coincidence?
Improved technique. More confidence? Whatever the reason, they seem to
work for me, and I love 'em!