Any Mountain Bike COPs out there?

Old February 11th 05, 05:39 AM
Zeke

Default Any Mountain Bike COPs out there?

I was just surfing on the local police website and I spotted the link
for the mountain bike cop unit
(http://www.calgarypolice.ca/inside/smbike.html) and I started
thinking that job might be cool.

So, I was wondering if any mountain bike cops frequent the newsgroup?

It might be a cool way to do some good for both yourself and the
community.

Zeke
Old February 11th 05, 05:52 AM
Slacker

On 10 Feb 2005 20:39:15 -0800, Zeke wrote:

I was just surfing on the local police website and I spotted the link
for the mountain bike cop unit
(http://www.calgarypolice.ca/inside/smbike.html) and I started
thinking that job might be cool.

So, I was wondering if any mountain bike cops frequent the newsgroup?

It might be a cool way to do some good for both yourself and the
community.

Zeke

I don't know any personally, but see them all the time here in Los
Angeles. It would be a pretty cool job.

http://www.ipmba.org/newsletter-0211-lapd.htm
--
Slacker
Old February 11th 05, 02:40 PM
J G

So, I was wondering if any mountain bike cops frequent the

newsgroup?

Mountain biker first, L.E. Professional second.

It might be a cool way to do some good for both yourself and the
community.

Get paid to ride, faster response times than Ward Cars durring crowded
events downtown, silent, and you are up close and personal with the
public. Yeah it's a pretty good deal if you can score a bid to bike
patrol ;-)

Old February 11th 05, 02:46 PM
Paladin

Zeke wrote:
I was just surfing on the local police website and I spotted the link
for the mountain bike cop unit
(http://www.calgarypolice.ca/inside/smbike.html) and I started
thinking that job might be cool.

So, I was wondering if any mountain bike cops frequent the newsgroup?

It might be a cool way to do some good for both yourself and the
community.

Zeke

A friend of mine around here was a mtb cop for a few years before he
got promoted to a desk. He really liked it, lots of friendly
interaction with people, outside all the time, lots of exercise in
frequent short spurts, anyway. Not a prestigious position, but who
cares? They patrolled our parks mostly and got to chase bad guys
(breaking up drug sales, deterring would-be muggers, etc.) pretty
frequently. They rode these ht GFishers loaded down with gear. Only
downside was staying warm in the winter.

But that's what donuts and coffee are for, right? cop food.

CDB

Old February 11th 05, 06:01 PM
JD

Zeke wrote:
I was just surfing on the local police website and I spotted the link
for the mountain bike cop unit
(http://www.calgarypolice.ca/inside/smbike.html) and I started
thinking that job might be cool.

So, I was wondering if any mountain bike cops frequent the newsgroup?

It might be a cool way to do some good for both yourself and the
community.

Zeke

It burns donuts faster than sitting in a patrol car.

JD

Old February 11th 05, 07:26 PM
jack

"Zeke" wrote in message
om...
I was just surfing on the local police website and I spotted the link
for the mountain bike cop unit
(http://www.calgarypolice.ca/inside/smbike.html) and I started
thinking that job might be cool.

So, I was wondering if any mountain bike cops frequent the newsgroup?

It might be a cool way to do some good for both yourself and the
community.

Zeke

I rode with a guy once who use to be a forest ranger. His job was to ride
his mtb and patrol the park. He'd also kick out illegal mtbrs when the park
was closed. I think this was somewhere in California.

I ocassional rode with a roadie who was a regular cop. I asked him once
what happens when he hassled by cars while riding his bike. These idiots
obiviously don't know he's a cop. He said he just memorizes their license
number. Later he'll put on his uniform go to the idiot's house and say "Do
you remember me? I'm the guy on the bike you try to run off the road".
Too bad he wasn't around when I get hassled. Being a cop is cool.

Old February 11th 05, 09:50 PM
Dave

I have these dudes in my incorporated village but no where near any
trails. These guys pedal around town wearing black lycra shorts and
bright yellow jackets with "SCPD" on them. They all ride the same model
TREK, wear black helmets and dark shades. They are mostly there to keep
the public peace and to write traffic tickets, but I did actually see
one pull someone over in a car for not having a seatbelt on.

I was almost tempted to ride one of my rigs on the sidewalk and see if
one of them would chase me out of the village.

Peace.

Zeke wrote:
I was just surfing on the local police website and I spotted the link
for the mountain bike cop unit
(http://www.calgarypolice.ca/inside/smbike.html) and I started
thinking that job might be cool.

So, I was wondering if any mountain bike cops frequent the newsgroup?

It might be a cool way to do some good for both yourself and the
community.

Zeke

--
David R Marlborough
DJ Mackelicious
Old February 11th 05, 09:57 PM
Ride-A-Lot

DUDE!!!!

Please stop top posting!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old February 11th 05, 10:05 PM

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
DUDE!!!!

Please stop top posting!

That's as annoying as those who do not quote who they are responding to.