Trek Domaine Frame Size

Old March 27th 21, 03:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kenneth Litwak

Default Trek Domaine Frame Size

I've been riding Trek road bikes for about thirty years. The right size for me is 52 CM. I am looking for a 7 or 8 speed road bike to put on a trainer in my garage. I tried a Domaine. It seems clear to me that the front triangle is smaller than other Trek road bikes I've ridden, and it's too cramped for me. Does anyone have any insight on why Trek did this? Why would they make a road bike with a shorter top tube? At least, I assume that's why it's more cramped. Perhaps it's for people with shorter arms or upper torsos.

I worked very hard to be a Cat 5 racer many years ago and was not successful at all. So, I'm not looking for a high-end bike for a trainer. I've pondered whether using a mountain bike would provide the basic fitness I want or is that not going to tranlsate into the fitness I need for riding my Madone? MTBs seem to be much more common than 52 CM road bikes. I've tried sites like Gear Trade and Bicycle Blue Book and not found what I want yet. Thanks.
Old March 27th 21, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 19:57:44 -0700 (PDT), Kenneth Litwak
wrote:

[...]

Was the Domaine advertised as a woman's bike?

--
joy beeson at centurylink dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGESEW/
Old January 8th 24, 05:36 AM
pearlvibe pearlvibe is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Litwak View Post
[...]

Ah my friend, I hear your pain in searching for that perfectly fitted steed! Having the right ride makes all the difference on the open roads.

As for your training goals, I believe any quality bike tuned to your body can build the cardiovascular fitness and leg strength needed to conquer the hills. But to best mimic your Madone's geometry, a road bike frame still works best.

Now, while scouring for parts, have you considered accessories to enhance your indoor “rides”? I recently discovered this little pleasure pod called the Dildo Machine Pearlvibe Mixer - it's a wireless remote-controlled machine that thrusts, heats, and taps all the right spots! Slap that baby on your seat and your solo miles will sail by in no time!

They claim it's engineered for an "out-of-this-world cycling experience" with customizable speeds and modes. I haven't tested it out yet (waiting on my tax return, haha) but it sure looks sleek and stimulating. Might make indoor training more exciting, especially if you have a partner to take control of the remote!

Anyway, best of luck dialing in your new bike fit. Hope you find that magic 52cm frame soon. And maybe treat yourself to some new bedroom upgrades too - our bodies need fun cross-training too! Put that Pearlvibe Mixer in your basket and let the good times roll!