Wiggos' wife knocked off her bike.

Old October 2nd 09, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

Default Wiggos' wife knocked off her bike.

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:32:41 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
wrote:

I'm so pleased my half of the drainpipe is pink.

Keeps you safe from HIM, does it ;-)

Aye. It separates me from the incredibly fascinating story of his
life and every day to day event in all it's minute and tedious
attention to detail.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc
Old October 2nd 09, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke[_2_]

On 1 Oct, 18:48, "Simon Mason" wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message

Simon Brooke wrote:

"Andy Leighton":

Umm have you had an accident? *At the scene the adrenalin is pumping
and
damaged bits of body haven't started to swell yet. *It is only later
that it all kicks in and you start to suffer. *So if the police
attended
the scene I can quite easily see Ms Wiggins saying she felt OK and the
police saying she had no injuries (although as they aren't trained
paramedics can't really give a definitive statement to that effect) yet
later Ms Wiggins feeling like crap and hardly able to move. *They
aren't
contradictory statements at all.

Simon Mason:

Dead right. When I was hit, I just had thoughts of dusting myself down
and
getting to work on time. I wasn't bothered about the other driver or
compensation, it's only when I saw my left shoulder hanging at an odd
angle
that I realised I wasn't going to get to work at all.
A few days later, I was black and blue down to my elbow and left
pectoral
muscle and in pain. I then started legal proceedings.

Simon Brooke:

And to add to that, when I broke my back, I got back on my bike and
rode another mile - with a broken back - before realising I was badly
hurt. I spent the following month immobilised in a hospital bed, and
the next three months semi-immobilised in a pneumatic brace. I'm
bloody lucky I can still walk. Adrenalin does odd things to you, for a
short while. When the adrenalin wears off, morphine is a useful but
not adequate substitute.

Bugbear:

I crashed a car (my fault) into a ditch.
Got out feeling fine (car was a right-off).
Next day - lots of pain, covered in nettle strings.
I had crawled up a nettle covered ditch and not even
noticed.

KeithT:

When doored a while back someone asked me 'are you all right?'. The answer
was 'I don't know yet' as I was still going through the process of trying
to work out if anything was leaking or poking through clothes - after I'd
done the 'I'm still breathing, so that's a good start' It was a couple of
days later that my arms went a glorious yellow and purple from scraping
the top of the car door as I went over it.

FX: low whistle

You lot are certainly accident-prone, aren't you?

And all the fault of car drivers too. We are just the victims who suffer for
their carelessness and then get called accident prone!

In your case. My own was pure foolishness, for which I can blame no-
one but myself.
Old October 2nd 09, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke[_2_]

On 2 Oct, 08:37, Daniel Barlow wrote:
JNugent writes:
Daniel Barlow wrote:
JNugent writes:

You lot are certainly accident-prone, aren't you?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what is technically known as a "cheap
shot"

So is it correct, or not?

As you well know, it is impossible to answer that without reference to
per-journey statistics or per-million km statistics, which have not been
provided

FWIW, I have had two injury-accidents in something over quarter of a
million miles of cycling. One required two stitches... and the other
was the broken back. Obviously I'm not recommending breaking your
back, but two injuries in quarter of a million miles isn't bad. And,
although it cost me a great deal, I'm fully recovered and in good
health now (and still riding plenty), so it isn't that big a deal.

Old October 2nd 09, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In news Just zis Guy, you know? tweaked the Babbage-Engine
to tell us:
wrote:

I'm so pleased my half of the drainpipe is pink.

Keeps you safe from HIM, does it ;-)

Aye. It separates me from the incredibly fascinating story of his
life and every day to day event in all it's minute and tedious
attention to detail.

And was it a Thursday or a Wednesday? Or, oh, no, it wasn't though. Oh, who
cares anyway because I do not.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old October 2nd 09, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rog[_2_]

.....and feeds the nutters on urc.
Rog
Old October 2nd 09, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

Daniel Barlow wrote:

JNugent writes:
Daniel Barlow wrote:
JNugent writes:

You lot are certainly accident-prone, aren't you?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what is technically known as a "cheap
shot"

So is it correct, or not?

As you well know, it is impossible to answer that without reference to
per-journey statistics or per-million km statistics, which have not been
provided

So there's nothing to say it's wrong.
Old October 2nd 09, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

Mr Benn wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message

You lot are certainly accident-prone, aren't you?

In 25 years of driving I have never injured myself or anyone else. I did
fall off my bike once however causing a grazed arm.

Ah... but I don't think you're one of the "lot" to whom I was referring.
Old October 2nd 09, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

Keitht wrote:
Daniel Barlow wrote:
JNugent writes:

Daniel Barlow wrote:
JNugent writes:

You lot are certainly accident-prone, aren't you?
That, ladies and gentlemen, is what is technically known as a "cheap
shot"
So is it correct, or not?

As you well know, it is impossible to answer that without reference to
per-journey statistics or per-million km statistics, which have not been
provided

-dan

He's certainly not responded to those who may have had personal
experience of not being knocked off their bikes once a week.

That's because it wasn't the topic. The issue was a series of people who
recounted accidents they'd had whilst riding bikes or driving cars.

Why, in that context, would anyone address a different topic?

As usual, with Nugentland(tm), the real world is irrelevant, only what's
white and proper in Middle England whilst wearing English Rose coloured
spectacles.

The real world here is that several people (abouyt five, IIRC) serially
recounted details of injury accidents they'd had.

It must be all them asylum seekers getting knocked off bikes then.

??
Old October 2nd 09, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Daniel Barlow

JNugent writes:

Daniel Barlow wrote:

JNugent writes:
Daniel Barlow wrote:
JNugent writes:

You lot are certainly accident-prone, aren't you?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what is technically known as a "cheap
shot"

So is it correct, or not?

As you well know, it is impossible to answer that without reference to
per-journey statistics or per-million km statistics, which have not been
provided

So there's nothing to say it's wrong.

You're certainly a tediously argumentative cock, aren't you?

-dan
Old October 2nd 09, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

Simon Mason wrote:

"JNugent" wrote in message
Daniel Barlow wrote:
JNugent writes:

You lot are certainly accident-prone, aren't you?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what is technically known as a "cheap
shot"

So is it correct, or not?

In my case, incorrect. One hit from a car driver in 60,000 miles cannot
be described as accident-prone

....whereas a half-dozen accident reports, each reacting to the one before, can.

Knocked off bike Steve Walford UK 8 October 27th 08 06:18 PM
Just been knocked off my bike!! [email protected] UK 18 March 22nd 08 09:37 PM
Charged for being knocked off his bike wafflycat UK 15 February 21st 08 09:56 AM
Police need help identifying a man knocked of his bike in Perth. Friday Australia 2 April 2nd 07 02:47 PM
Cyclist Knocked off Bike Six Times HughMann Australia 5 December 20th 05 07:58 AM