Today I bought.

Old October 13th 09, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Default Today I bought.

Simon Mason wrote:
A road ID bracelet.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

With:
Name and date of birth. Address and Postcode Home Tel Nr Work Tel Nr No
allergies and NI number Personal slogan

At the risk of topic drift...

A quick google revealed there are hundreds (at least)
of medial-information-jewelry items
("medical alert" seems the current jargon)

But I'm sure when I was (ahem) much younger
there was only one, and it advertised A LOT
in colour supplements, readers digest etc.

Can anyone help me with the name/brand?

BugBear
Old October 13th 09, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ace[_3_]

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:47:34 +0100, bugbear
wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:
A road ID bracelet.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

With:
Name and date of birth. Address and Postcode Home Tel Nr Work Tel Nr No
allergies and NI number Personal slogan

At the risk of topic drift...

A quick google revealed there are hundreds (at least)
of medial-information-jewelry items
("medical alert" seems the current jargon)

But I'm sure when I was (ahem) much younger
there was only one, and it advertised A LOT
in colour supplements, readers digest etc.

Can anyone help me with the name/brand?

MedAlert is the first name that springs to mind.

Old October 13th 09, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

bugbear wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
A road ID bracelet.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

With:
Name and date of birth. Address and Postcode Home Tel Nr Work Tel Nr
No allergies and NI number Personal slogan

At the risk of topic drift...

A quick google revealed there are hundreds (at least)
of medial-information-jewelry items
("medical alert" seems the current jargon)

There was a very popular device marketed as being efficient against
becoming pregnant. Only thing is that the thick buggers that bought in
to the scam tended to believe that a metal band on a finger worked just
as well as a bit of latex.

--
Its never too late to reinvent the bicycle
Old October 13th 09, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Daniel Barlow

Keitht KeithT writes:

There was a very popular device marketed as being efficient against
becoming pregnant. Only thing is that the thick buggers that bought in
to the scam tended to believe that a metal band on a finger worked
just as well as a bit of latex.

http://www.silverringthing.com/ - this one?

-dan

Old October 13th 09, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

bugbear wrote:

At the risk of topic drift...

A quick google revealed there are hundreds (at least)
of medial-information-jewelry items
("medical alert" seems the current jargon)

But I'm sure when I was (ahem) much younger
there was only one, and it advertised A LOT
in colour supplements, readers digest etc.

Can anyone help me with the name/brand?

SOS Talisman?

Bingo! Thank you.

BugBear
Old October 13th 09, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Daniel Barlow wrote:
Keitht KeithT writes:

There was a very popular device marketed as being efficient against
becoming pregnant. Only thing is that the thick buggers that bought in
to the scam tended to believe that a metal band on a finger worked
just as well as a bit of latex.

http://www.silverringthing.com/ - this one?

-dan

Indeedy deedy

Apparently it caused a higher than average teenage pregnancy rate in
some areas.

--
Its never too late to reinvent the bicycle
Old October 13th 09, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Keitht wrote:
Daniel Barlow wrote:
Keitht KeithT writes:

There was a very popular device marketed as being efficient against
becoming pregnant. Only thing is that the thick buggers that bought in
to the scam tended to believe that a metal band on a finger worked
just as well as a bit of latex.

http://www.silverringthing.com/ - this one?

-dan

Indeedy deedy

Apparently it caused a higher than average teenage pregnancy rate in
some areas.

I hate this kind of "I think I heard" stuff on USENET.

So here's something with authority ;-)

http://www.livescience.com/health/09...y-pledges.html

You're absolutely right, and now you have evidence!

BugBear
Old October 13th 09, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

bugbear wrote:
Keitht wrote:
Daniel Barlow wrote:
Keitht KeithT writes:

There was a very popular device marketed as being efficient against
becoming pregnant. Only thing is that the thick buggers that bought in
to the scam tended to believe that a metal band on a finger worked
just as well as a bit of latex.

http://www.silverringthing.com/ - this one?

-dan

Indeedy deedy

Apparently it caused a higher than average teenage pregnancy rate in
some areas.

I hate this kind of "I think I heard" stuff on USENET.

So here's something with authority ;-)

http://www.livescience.com/health/09...y-pledges.html

You're absolutely right, and now you have evidence!

BugBear

Mea Culpa - CBA to Google.
(but I knew anyway)

--
Its never too late to reinvent the bicycle
Old October 13th 09, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:13:08 +0100, Keitht KeithT wrote:

There was a very popular device marketed as being efficient against
becoming pregnant. Only thing is that the thick buggers that bought in
to the scam tended to believe that a metal band on a finger worked just
as well as a bit of latex.

It does, as any married man will know :-)

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc