Diamond back Racing

Old September 19th 05, 09:40 AM
trek-man

Default Diamond back Racing

Are diamond back racing bikes reputable, ive never had any experience of
them but the price tag on the one i looked at today would seem to
indicate reasonable quality. It had a mix of Tiagra and 105 components.
Carbon forks but not stays. What are your thoughts?

--
trek-man

Old September 19th 05, 11:15 PM
Poiter

trek-man Wrote:
Are diamond back racing bikes reputable, ive never had any experience of
them but the price tag on the one i looked at today would seem to
indicate reasonable quality. It had a mix of Tiagra and 105 components.
Carbon forks but not stays. What are your thoughts?

I bought a DBR "Vertex" MTB in 1984. Aluminium frame.
It's still going strong even though it's a bit like Grandpa's axe.
Let's see: cranks, BB, seatpost, headset and derailleurs are all
original.
Pete

--
Poiter

Old September 20th 05, 01:22 AM
Bleve

dtmeister wrote:
trek-man wrote:

Are diamond back racing bikes reputable, ive never had any experience of
them but the price tag on the one i looked at today would seem to
indicate reasonable quality. It had a mix of Tiagra and 105 components.
Carbon forks but not stays. What are your thoughts?

See my sig. Actually, I'm really not sure who DiamondBack are these
days...My old steel Diamond Back (they used to be separate words) was
made by Centurion, who changed their name to Diamond Back due to legal
issues with the name that was shared by a tire company. Their website is
confusing as it doesn't seem to list the various models that seem to be
available in Australia. They seem to be more of a MTB company these
days, although I have seen a CF DiamondBack in the LBS, so they do also
make the high end stuff.

They're Repco or Pacific Dunlop's high end brand name. Who makes 'em?
Who knows?!

Old September 20th 05, 01:40 AM
trek-man

Poiter Wrote:
I bought a DBR "Vertex" MTB in 1984. Aluminium frame.
It's still going strong even though it's a bit like Grandpa's axe.
Let's see: cranks, BB, seatpost, headset and derailleurs are all
original.
Pete

Groovy, its seems to me like they are mainly a MTB builder that is
maybe dangling their toes in the roadie world. The frame seems nice
enough and is alloy, at least the size and geometry seem about right.
It has a sexy arse set of carbon forks on it and is slightly cheap in
my mind for the groupset its offered with. I didnt pay close attention
to the wheels though. Damn i guess i'll just have to go and dribble on
it some more.

--
trek-man

Old September 20th 05, 09:47 AM
Michael Warner

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:40:32 +1000, trek-man wrote:

Are diamond back racing bikes reputable, ive never had any experience of
them but the price tag on the one i looked at today would seem to
indicate reasonable quality. It had a mix of Tiagra and 105 components.
Carbon forks but not stays. What are your thoughts?

A friend rode a Tiagra-level alloy Diamondback for about three years and
never had any trouble with it.