Help Identify old Bike Italian Road Frame

Old December 23rd 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
sergio

Default Help Identify old Bike Italian Road Frame

Ozark Bicycle ha scritto:

Can we agree that, say, 6mm is large enough to do the job?

Sorry to say that I consider such a hole to be underdimensioned.
It doesn't take a lot of dirt, from the outside, to clog it.

Sergio
Pisa

Old December 23rd 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

sergio wrote:
Ozark Bicycle ha scritto:

Can we agree that, say, 6mm is large enough to do the job?

Sorry to say that I consider such a hole to be underdimensioned.
It doesn't take a lot of dirt, from the outside, to clog it.

10mm, then?

Sergio
Pisa

Old December 23rd 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On 22 Dec 2006 15:24:11 -0800, "Ozark Bicycle"
wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On 22 Dec 2006 13:28:27 -0800, "Ozark Bicycle"
wrote:

[about BB cut-outs]
Yep, just cosmetic doo-doo with a tangible downside (possible BB shell
structural problems

You can keep repeating this, and we've heard now of a failures with a
particularly unwise shaped cut-out (a star). And yet there are
undoubtedly tens of thousands of bikes with more well-thought-through
cut-outs (like slots with rounded corners, which a couple of my bike
had) and yet you don't say "vanishly rare instances of problems"
because you're an evidence-poor biased dope.

Being called a dope by the likes of you is like an IQ 100 human being
called a bird brain by a pigeon.

The thing is, regardless of how ignorant I am, I try hard to be aware
of that ignorance.

That must be a full time job; perhaps with a little overtime, eh?

Old December 23rd 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

[about BB cut-outs]
Yep, just cosmetic doo-doo with a tangible downside (possible BB shell
structural problems

You can keep repeating this, and we've heard now of a failures with a
particularly unwise shaped cut-out (a star). And yet there are
undoubtedly tens of thousands of bikes with more well-thought-through
cut-outs (like slots with rounded corners, which a couple of my bike
had) and yet you don't say "vanishly rare instances of problems"
because you're an evidence-poor biased dope.

Being called a dope by the likes of you is like an IQ 100 human being
called a bird brain by a pigeon.

The thing is, regardless of how ignorant I am, I try hard to be aware
of that ignorance.

That must be a full time job; perhaps with a little overtime, eh?

Seriously, considering the amount of information and complexity in the
world, yeah, I'm doing it a lot of the time.

You in your dopey arrogance don't seem to understand the value of this
approach to life.

--
JT
****************************
Old December 23rd 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

wrote:

[...]

You are quite a piece of work. Do you really believe the BS you post,
or are you just posturing? Is it just a New York State of "Mind"?

Old December 23rd 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It's not BS.

Sure it is....just your ego-driven BS. John Forrest Tomlinson: a Legend
in his own "Mind".

Old December 23rd 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

[...]

I've seen you on several topics talk out of your ass. Everyone does
it -- it's human nature. But when the lack of backup is pointed out,
or the fact that your info is flawed, you can't deal with it in a
mature way. At best you just hide, but more typically you just attack
and don't look for better info. It's lame and laughable.
--
JT
****************************
Old December 23rd 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

Default Help Identify an ego driven New York ass****

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You're sad.

To have encounteed an ass like you, yes.

Are you still ashamed of your appearance as well?

Do you still jerk off?

Old December 23rd 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

* * Chas wrote:

The Guerciotti of that period had a large sharp pointed star cutout in the
bottom bracket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_riser

I guess the Gooeys I saw broken (only two or three of them g, in the
seat tube above the BB) didn't have enough miles for the BB to crack?
--D-y