Richard Madeley's rant.

Old September 29th 09, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Richard Madeley's rant.

Yawn - yet another lazy, ignorant rant by a TV has-been. Don't know what
"exuse" means though.

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/130100

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old September 29th 09, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_2_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Yawn - yet another lazy, ignorant rant by a TV has-been. Don't know what
"exuse" means though.

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/130100

"Lazy, ignorant"?

Do you always use these words to describe someone you disagree with? I
thought his article was spot on and I totally agree with him 100%.

Old September 29th 09, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Mr Benn wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Yawn - yet another lazy, ignorant rant by a TV has-been. Don't know what
"exuse" means though.

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/130100

"Lazy, ignorant"?

Do you always use these words to describe someone you disagree with? I
thought his article was spot on and I totally agree with him 100%.

He used the words to describe the rant, not the person. DKUATB, or
you'll miss Basic English Comprehension 101.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old September 29th 09, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Mr Benn" wrote in message
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Yawn - yet another lazy, ignorant rant by a TV has-been. Don't know what
"exuse" means though.

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/130100

"Lazy, ignorant"?

Do you always use these words to describe someone you disagree with? I
thought his article was spot on and I totally agree with him 100%.

I'm sure you would - you fit the bill for his target audience.

Lazy as he makes two spelling mistakes in his headline, or has allowed some
other illiterate to do so. Ignorant as he has never heard of Cycling England
and believes that:

"No collision, whether it be with a car, bus, motorbike or pedestrian, would
*ever* be the bike rider’s responsibility"

That is utter tripe and not how these laws work at all. It's just an easy
way of stirring up indignant Express readers and note how cowardly they are
by stating:

"Have Your Say is unavailable for this story" - ha ha. Maybe they don't want
to have to get flooded with complaints like that chef in the Mail was.

Old September 29th 09, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:04:46 +0100 someone who may be "Simon Mason"
wrote this:-

"Have Your Say is unavailable for this story" - ha ha. Maybe they don't want
to have to get flooded with complaints like that chef in the Mail was.

I think you are right.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54
Old September 29th 09, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_2_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...

"Mr Benn" wrote in message
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Yawn - yet another lazy, ignorant rant by a TV has-been. Don't know what
"exuse" means though.

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/130100

"Lazy, ignorant"?

Do you always use these words to describe someone you disagree with? I
thought his article was spot on and I totally agree with him 100%.

I'm sure you would - you fit the bill for his target audience.

Lazy as he makes two spelling mistakes in his headline, or has allowed
some other illiterate to do so. Ignorant as he has never heard of Cycling
England

I had never heard of Cycling England either until recently. Another
complete waste of taxpayers' money.

Old September 29th 09, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Mr Benn" wrote in message

Lazy as he makes two spelling mistakes in his headline, or has allowed
some other illiterate to do so. Ignorant as he has never heard of Cycling
England

I had never heard of Cycling England either until recently. Another
complete waste of taxpayers' money.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/cyclingengland/

It seems their aims and goals are far more laudable than new nuclear subs or
shooting people in Iraq.

Old September 29th 09, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:26:44 +0100 someone who may be "Mr Benn"
wrote this:-

I had never heard of Cycling England either until recently.

On the other hand I had heard of them and I don't even live in that
country. I venture to suggest that what this demonstrates is that
you don't know that much about transport.

Old September 29th 09, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

wrote this:-

I had never heard of Cycling England either until recently.

On the other hand I had heard of them and I don't even live in that
country. I venture to suggest that what this demonstrates is that
you don't know that much about transport.

Nice try ****

Verbal abuse is the last refuge of the argumentatively bereft debater.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

unicyclist in Richard and Judy amanda.gallacher Unicycling 0 March 14th 06 10:05 PM
Richard from toronto little bio BorDom Techniques 0 October 21st 05 02:42 PM
Dotty Richard Michael Racing 22 July 23rd 04 11:12 AM
Richard 1, Puncture Fairy 0 Richard Bates UK 1 November 15th 03 04:50 PM
Would Richard Rogers approve? Clive George UK 2 August 27th 03 09:40 PM