Today I bought.

Old October 9th 09, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Today I bought.

A road ID bracelet.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

With:
Name and date of birth.
Address and Postcode
Home Tel Nr
Work Tel Nr
No allergies and NI number
Personal slogan

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/
Old October 9th 09, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...
A road ID bracelet.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

With:
Name and date of birth. Address and Postcode Home Tel Nr Work Tel Nr No
allergies and NI number Personal slogan

Good idea. I am thinking of getting one in red as it won't show the blood.
What slogan did you put?

Old October 9th 09, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim A

Simon Mason wrote:

A road ID bracelet.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

Did you buy a RoadID jersey too?

Quote:
Our Road ID branded apparel is guaranteed to make you better
looking, smarter and faster.
If so, does it work? :-)
Old October 9th 09, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alistair Gunn

mileburner twisted the electrons to say:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...
A road ID bracelet.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

With:
Name and date of birth. Address and Postcode Home Tel Nr Work Tel Nr No
allergies and NI number Personal slogan

Good idea. I am thinking of getting one in red as it won't show the blood.

nods Been thinking about it myself too, though I was leaning towards
the Fixx ID style.

What slogan did you put?

It's a bit of a problem when you've only got 24 characters to play with!
Old October 9th 09, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"mileburner" wrote in message

Good idea. I am thinking of getting one in red as it won't show the blood.
What slogan did you put?

I have worn a Livestrong bracelet every day in memory of my late mother who
died in 2004. This will have to replace it as I can't wear a watch, and two
bands on one wrist, so I have bought one in yellow and the slogan reads:

LIVESTRONG INMEM SHIRLEY

Old October 9th 09, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Alistair Gunn" wrote in message

nods Been thinking about it myself too, though I was leaning towards
the Fixx ID style.

Since he keeled over dead, I thought it might carry bad luck ;-)

Old October 9th 09, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:42:43 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

A road ID bracelet.

I used to wear a set of military-type dogtags with emergency contact
info when I was commuting cross-country in all weathers. I don't
bother now of course, there is more than enough ID in the Brompton
pannier.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc
Old October 9th 09, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

wrote:

A road ID bracelet.

I used to wear a set of military-type dogtags with emergency contact
info when I was commuting cross-country in all weathers. I don't
bother now of course, there is more than enough ID in the Brompton
pannier.

I've got loads of ID in the form of driving licence, credit cards etc, but
none of them has contact telephone numbers on and I keep them in my rear
pocket which could get lost if they have to cut my clothing away.

Old October 9th 09, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 18:10:35 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

I've got loads of ID in the form of driving licence, credit cards etc, but
none of them has contact telephone numbers on and I keep them in my rear
pocket which could get lost if they have to cut my clothing away.

My BlackBerry screen has an emergency contact number you can see
without unlocking it. I was rather dismissive of the idea that you
should program "ICE" into your phone since everybody I know uses a
keypad lock.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc
Old October 9th 09, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Causer[_2_]

On Oct 9, 4:42*pm, "Simon Mason" wrote:
A road ID bracelet.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

With:
Name and date of birth.
Address and Postcode
Home Tel Nr
Work Tel Nr
No allergies and NI number
Personal slogan

Tut.

No reference to organ doner status? I've been carrying an organ doner
card since 1977 [1] [2], and have been on the UK online list since it
was set up. It *should* be on the bracelet.

[1] There's one in the seat-pack (with tools and money) that gets
attached to whichever bike I ride. And I'm very happy to say that on-
one else has needed to look at it yet.

[2] It says, in essence, let the students at Addenbrooke's learn
their craft on my dead body, rather than a potentially live one.

Mike
--
Mike Causer