A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Police hunt rapist on a bike



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 15th 19, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,579
Default Police hunt rapist on a bike

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47939192
Ads
  #2  
Old April 15th 19, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,523
Default Police hunt rapist on a bike

On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 9:05:11 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47939192


So, 'Woman cyclist raped by pedestrian' would be more acurate.
More proof pedestrians need number plates.
  #3  
Old April 16th 19, 03:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_11_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 56
Default Police hunt rapist on a bike

On 15/04/2019 22:03, Simon Jester wrote:

On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 9:05:11 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47939192


So, 'Woman cyclist raped by pedestrian' would be more acurate.


How?

The headline is: "Woman raped in Peterborough by passing cyclist".

More proof pedestrians need number plates.



  #4  
Old April 16th 19, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,880
Default Police hunt rapist on a bike

On 16/04/2019 03:14, JNugent wrote:
On 15/04/2019 22:03, Simon Jester wrote:

On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 9:05:11 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47939192


So, 'Woman cyclist raped by pedestrian' would be more acurate.


How?

The headline is: "Woman raped in Peterborough by passing cyclist".

It does but is plainly wrong unless you can describe a way that makes
"rape by passing cyclist" technically possible.
  #5  
Old April 16th 19, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_11_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 56
Default Police hunt rapist on a bike

On 16/04/2019 08:45, TMS320 wrote:

On 16/04/2019 03:14, JNugent wrote:
On 15/04/2019 22:03, Simon Jester wrote
On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 9:05:11 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47939192

So, 'Woman cyclist raped by pedestrian' would be more acurate.


How?
The headline is: "Woman raped in Peterborough by passing cyclist".


It does but is plainly wrong unless you can describe a way that makes
"rape by passing cyclist" technically possible.


In what way is it not possible?

Unless his bike, his cycling and the fact that he is a cyclist is - in
your view at least, and that of Jester - irrelevant, whilst the fact
that the rapist cyclist's victim is a cyclist is not irrelevant?

Got it.

You might both want to think about honing your skills in logic.

In the meantime, let's all hope that this cyclist pedestrian / airline
pilot / rich man (Considerably Richer than Yow at least, because he's a
cyclist) is caught and brought to justice.

Given a charge like that, he's probably best off heading straight for
the Ecuadorean Embassy, wouldn't you say?

  #6  
Old April 16th 19, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,880
Default Police hunt rapist on a bike

On 16/04/2019 11:35, JNugent wrote:
On 16/04/2019 08:45, TMS320 wrote:
On 16/04/2019 03:14, JNugent wrote:
On 15/04/2019 22:03, Simon Jester wrote
On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 9:05:11 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47939192

So, 'Woman cyclist raped by pedestrian' would be more acurate.

How?
The headline is: "Woman raped in Peterborough by passing cyclist".


It does but is plainly wrong unless you can describe a way that makes
"rape by passing cyclist" technically possible.


In what way is it not possible?


I was asking you to suggest how it could be technically possible. It's
possible, perhaps, to perform the act while cycling but I have little
doubt that it would require the lady concerned to be cooperative.

Let's just say that I won't be searching out dodgy sites to find
examples. If you disagree with the analysis, perhaps you have?

Unless his bike, his cycling and the fact that he is a cyclist is - in
your view at least, and that of Jester - irrelevant, whilst the fact
that the rapist cyclist's victim is a cyclist is not irrelevant?

Got it.

You might both want to think about honing your skills in logic.


That retort usually follows a lack of ability on your part.

In the meantime, let's all hope that this person is caught and brought to justice.


I have corrected your sentence.
  #7  
Old April 16th 19, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,523
Default Police hunt rapist on a bike

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 11:35:02 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

In what way is it not possible?


Clearly you have never had sex if you think it is possible for a man to rape a woman whilst both are mounted on moving bicycles.


Unless his bike, his cycling and the fact that he is a cyclist is - in
your view at least, and that of Jester - irrelevant, whilst the fact
that the rapist cyclist's victim is a cyclist is not irrelevant?

Got it.

You might both want to think about honing your skills in logic.


If I drive through a red traffic light in my car, which class of road users has broken the law?
A: Pedestrian
B: Cyclist
C: Motorist
D: Train Passenger
E: Golfer

  #8  
Old April 16th 19, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_11_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 56
Default Police hunt rapist on a bike

On 16/04/2019 17:50, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 11:35:02 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

In what way is it not possible?


Clearly you have never had sex if you think it is possible for a man to rape a woman whilst both are mounted on moving bicycles.


If you insist that it is impossible for a cyclist to have sex, be
careful: I might accept your assertion.



Unless his bike, his cycling and the fact that he is a cyclist is - in
your view at least, and that of Jester - irrelevant, whilst the fact
that the rapist cyclist's victim is a cyclist is not irrelevant?

Got it.

You might both want to think about honing your skills in logic.


If I drive through a red traffic light in my car, which class of road users has broken the law?
A: Pedestrian
B: Cyclist
C: Motorist
D: Train Passenger
E: Golfer


  #9  
Old April 16th 19, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,880
Default Police hunt rapist on a bike

On 16/04/2019 17:50, Simon Jester wrote:

If I drive through a red traffic light in my car, which class of road
users has broken the law?
A: Pedestrian B: Cyclist C: Motorist D: Train Passenger
E: Golfer


No mention of motorists he-

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/re...ading-15980797

"The 20-year-old man was walking in Blenheim Road when three offenders
got out of a car parked at the side of the road and walked towards him."

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/re...t-run-15995656

"The 35-year-old man, from Staines, died at the scene after he was
involved in a collision with a vehicle... Officers believe the vehicle
failed to stop..."
  #10  
Old April 16th 19, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,579
Default Police hunt rapist on a bike

On 16/04/2019 19:36, JNugent wrote:
On 16/04/2019 17:50, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 11:35:02 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

In what way is it not possible?


Clearly you have never had sex if you think it is possible for a man
to rape a woman whilst both are mounted on moving bicycles.


If you insist that it is impossible for a cyclist to have sex, be
careful: I might accept your assertion.



Unless his bike, his cycling and the fact that he is a cyclist is - in
your view at least, and that of Jester - irrelevant, whilst the fact
that the rapist cyclist's victim is a cyclist is not irrelevant?

Got it.

You might both want to think about honing your skills in logic.


If I drive through a red traffic light in my car, which class of road
users has broken the law?
A: Pedestrian
B: Cyclist
C: Motorist
D: Train Passenger
E: Golfer



The rapist arrived and made off on a bike, and the victim is a cyclist.
I realise these things are difficult for any cyclist to understand, but
that makes them both cyclists in the minds of any normal human being,
oh, wait a minute...I see the problem.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Police hunt gun toting cyclist MrCheerful UK 0 February 17th 17 03:45 PM
Police hunt another thieving cyclist MrCheerful UK 29 September 10th 16 04:27 PM
Police on the hunt for yet another hit and run scum Alycidon UK 9 July 22nd 16 10:33 AM
Police hunt hit and run cyclist. Mrcheerful UK 2 February 18th 14 09:48 PM
"Police hunt bike riding flasher" [email protected] UK 3 May 9th 08 05:13 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.