Another racing cyclist that cannot handle a hill, dies.

Old May 22nd 19, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
GB[_5_]

Default Another racing cyclist that cannot handle a hill, dies.

On 22/05/2019 17:20, JNugent wrote:

Yes but... that's the estimate (ie, made-up) average cost of a road
accident fatality. It includes - and this is important - an estimated
value of the deceased person's rest of life productivity, which must be
quite difficult to estimate accurately. So that bit of the figure has to
be taken with a few pinches of salt.

It also includes "human costs" which means that a value is put on the
distress and losses caused to bereaved relatives, friends, etc. I can
see that in these touch-feely days, one would want to value such losses,
but whether it ought to be done in money - and how that should be done
anyway - is far from clear.

I'm sure that you're 100% right on this. It's really interesting (to
me!) to contemplate how to go about making that calculation.

In any case, Mr Cheerful said £1m of taxpayer money wasted, and clearly
that does not include human costs, nor rest of life productivity.

Overall, it does not mean that £1,690,000 is the value of emergency
services expended on dealing with the incident. The figure for "lost
output" will be the biggest part of it. Most of it will be expended or
incurred even if no emergency services are involved.

Old May 22nd 19, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

GB wrote:
On 22/05/2019 17:07, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

I think that GB has personal health problems from what I've read.
He was always okay on newsgroups, but has turned a bit nasty
recently.

Good point. There's no reason to be ghastly to others just because my
life has taken a turn for the worse.

We have had our differences, but I've always respected your point of view -
even if I did not agree with it

I'm hoping I'll go through a couple of major operations and emerge
more or less okay. Or I'll die, which is second best but okay. It's
the third possibility of surviving but broken that is so upsetting. I
know that people do soldier on with terrible problems, and I admire
them for having the courage, but I'm dreading that outcome.
Definitely DNR.

I don't know him, but I wish him all the best.

Thanks. Appreciated.

All of my hopes, and I do know what DNR means.

Old May 22nd 19, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 5:58:25 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Wed, 22 May 2019 16:07:23 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 22/05/2019 15:02, GB wrote:
On 21/05/2019 19:03, MrCheerful wrote:
another million quid of taxpayers money wasted.

A million quid to take him to hospital, give him some resusc., and
pronounce him dead? Why?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...clist-killed-b
irmingham-velo-2019-16308063

Where oes the million pounds figure come from?

I think that GB has personal health problems from what I've read.
He was always okay on newsgroups, but has turned a bit nasty
recently. I don't know him, but I wish him all the best.

What's your excuse, Chiselman?

I was being serious regarding a respected poster

'Respected poster' = someone who agrees with you.

who I have read for many years.

I have been here for 25 years.

You are obviously too stupid to understand this.

And we are back to the playground insults.

Now, just go **** off, you stupid lump of **** and don't come back.

This is a cycling group.

Old May 22nd 19, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 22/05/2019 15:02, GB wrote:
On 21/05/2019 19:03, MrCheerful wrote:
another million quid of taxpayers money wasted.

A million quid to take him to hospital, give him some resusc.,
and pronounce him dead? Why?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...clist-killed-b
irmingham-velo-2019-16308063

Where oes the million pounds figure come from?

I think that GB has personal health problems from what I've read.
He was always okay on newsgroups, but has turned a bit nasty
recently. I don't know him, but I wish him all the best.

What's your excuse, Chiselman?

I was being serious regarding a respected poster

'Respected poster' = someone who agrees with you.

Not at all, we have disagreed many times. But not always here.

who I have read for many years.

I have been here for 25 years.

Bravo.

You are obviously too stupid to understand this.

And we are back to the playground insults.

Nope.

Now, just go **** off, you stupid lump of **** and don't come back.

This is a cycling group.

Why do you snip?
What are you scared of?

Old May 22nd 19, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

wrote:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...s/cyclist-kill
[...]

Yet another abusive post from a chisel-wielding bullyboy? Pah.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old May 22nd 19, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Wed, 22 May 2019 18:00:46 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

GB wrote:
[...]

Do Not Resuscitate. HTH.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old May 22nd 19, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 22/05/2019 15:02, GB wrote:
[...]

Oh dear!
Well, here is another one to upset your tiny cycling brain.
**** off.

Old May 22nd 19, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:

GB wrote:
[...]

Did you actually understand my above posting where I said that I understood
it?
Was my posting too difficult for you?

Old May 23rd 19, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 22/05/2019 15:02, GB wrote:
[...]

With a chisel?
Kinky.
Old May 23rd 19, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 7:00:52 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

All of my hopes, and I do know what DNR means.

Do not resuscitate.