A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Time for car tests



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 15th 19, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,560
Default Time for car tests


Since motorists seem unable to grasp simple rules of the road such and Red Means Stop or Pavements are for Pedestrians, I think they should have to pass a test before we allow them on to our roads.

First they should take a theory test to show they have at least basic knowledge of the Highway Code. I understand that would involve teaching them to read, which is probably impossible in 99% of cases. Then they should have to take a road test to show they can put theory in to practice. Just as unlikely as it would involve a motorist taking it's knuckles off the ground.
Ads
  #2  
Old June 17th 19, 12:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,797
Default Time for car tests

On 15/06/2019 14:55, Simon Jester wrote:

Since motorists seem unable to grasp simple rules of the road such and Red Means Stop or Pavements are for Pedestrians, I think they should have to pass a test before we allow them on to our roads.

First they should take a theory test to show they have at least basic knowledge of the Highway Code. I understand that would involve teaching them to read, which is probably impossible in 99% of cases. Then they should have to take a road test to show they can put theory in to practice. Just as unlikely as it would involve a motorist taking it's knuckles off the ground.


You'd been in the pub ever since since opening time, eh?
  #3  
Old June 17th 19, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,560
Default Time for car tests

On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 12:48:18 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/06/2019 14:55, Simon Jester wrote:

Since motorists seem unable to grasp simple rules of the road such and Red Means Stop or Pavements are for Pedestrians, I think they should have to pass a test before we allow them on to our roads.

First they should take a theory test to show they have at least basic knowledge of the Highway Code. I understand that would involve teaching them to read, which is probably impossible in 99% of cases. Then they should have to take a road test to show they can put theory in to practice. Just as unlikely as it would involve a motorist taking it's knuckles off the ground..


You'd been in the pub ever since since opening time, eh?


I haven't been in a pub other than to dine since I was a student in the 80's.
Are you allowed alcohol on the ward?
  #4  
Old June 18th 19, 02:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,797
Default Time for car tests

On 17/06/2019 20:10, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 12:48:18 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/06/2019 14:55, Simon Jester wrote:

Since motorists seem unable to grasp simple rules of the road such and Red Means Stop or Pavements are for Pedestrians, I think they should have to pass a test before we allow them on to our roads.

First they should take a theory test to show they have at least basic knowledge of the Highway Code. I understand that would involve teaching them to read, which is probably impossible in 99% of cases. Then they should have to take a road test to show they can put theory in to practice. Just as unlikely as it would involve a motorist taking it's knuckles off the ground.


You'd been in the pub ever since since opening time, eh?


I haven't been in a pub other than to dine since I was a student in the 80's.


.... so you prefer drink at home, alone.

It's a slippery slope.

Are you allowed alcohol on the ward?


I have no information on that.

I'd have thought you'd be the one to who know.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cycling Tests Simon Jester UK 9 November 28th 15 10:53 AM
8/11/06 WSJ on Landis tests billb Racing 11 August 12th 06 10:02 AM
ECG tests in Melbourne DaveB Australia 2 December 31st 04 09:39 AM
Dope tests AC Racing 10 July 30th 04 02:50 PM
Dope tests? Merovingian Racing 4 August 5th 03 10:21 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.