Bottle cage jacket holder - revisited

Old March 21st 05, 09:02 PM
MSA

Default Bottle cage jacket holder - revisited

Many months ago I started a thread talking about a suitable container
that would hold a jacket and allow me to store it in a bottle cage
holder. I provided a link to one available in the US and it was
suggested that we club together and buy a few saving on postage - this
never materialised for one reason or t'other.

I know see that there is a virtually identical item on sale in the UK at
probike for £8.50 plus postage.

Here is the kink in case you are still interested:

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=B1018

Regards,

--
Mark

Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before
Old March 21st 05, 09:21 PM
Martyn Bolt

I saw a pencil case in W H Smith like that for about half that price

Old March 21st 05, 09:25 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"MSA" wrote in message
Many months ago I started a thread talking about a suitable container
that would hold a jacket and allow me to store it in a bottle cage
holder. I provided a link to one available in the US and it was
suggested that we club together and buy a few saving on postage - this
never materialised for one reason or t'other.

I know see that there is a virtually identical item on sale in the UK at
probike for £8.50 plus postage.

Here is the kink in case you are still interested:

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=B1018

Regards,

--
Mark

O.K.
O.K.

It has been a long and trying day.

But I just looked at the picture of a blue and yellow bag which is available
in black only.

Is it me?

It also looks as though any small stuff sack would cram into a bottle holder
with much the same effect.

I have an old SprayWay waterproof (I wish) top with its own stuff sack which
would stuff into a bottle cage no problems.

How about a plastic bag with a rolled up waterproof in it?

Save at least £7

Cheers
Dave R

P.S. did you really mean 'kink' (big boy)?

Old March 21st 05, 09:48 PM
Tilly

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:25:38 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

How about a plastic bag with a rolled up waterproof in it?
Save at least £7

£8.49.

Sainsbury's only give you 1p back if you re-use your carrier bag.
Old March 21st 05, 10:43 PM
MSA

O.K.
O.K.

How about a plastic bag with a rolled up waterproof in it?

Yep, could use that. My mate uses half a fairy liquid bottle. I use a
large mouthed water bottle now.

P.S. did you really mean 'kink' (big boy)?

Err, mm.

Old March 21st 05, 10:44 PM
MSA

Martyn Bolt wrote:
I saw a pencil case in W H Smith like that for about half that price

Buy a dozen, put 'em on eBay as jacket holders for bottle cages?

Old March 21st 05, 11:23 PM
Chris Armstrong

A few years ago a relative bought me a tool kit that came in a bottle
shaped holder that split in half. It was quite neat but I have never
seen one for sale myself. Anyone know of anything similar on the market
now?

--
Chris Armstrong

Old March 22nd 05, 08:59 AM
Jeremy Collins

Chris Armstrong wrote:
A few years ago a relative bought me a tool kit that came in a bottle
shaped holder that split in half. It was quite neat but I have never
seen one for sale myself. Anyone know of anything similar on the market
now?

Wiggle do a first aid kit in a water bottle; you might be able to
stuff a few tools in the

http://tinyurl.com/5xjb4

--
jc

Remove the -not from email
Old March 22nd 05, 11:28 AM
Simon Mason

"MSA" wrote in message
Many months ago I started a thread talking about a suitable container that
would hold a jacket and allow me to store it in a bottle cage holder.

I roll mine up and sellotape it, then stick it in the cage as it is.

--
Simon M.

Old March 22nd 05, 11:36 AM
David W.E. Roberts

"MSA" wrote in message

O.K.
O.K.

How about a plastic bag with a rolled up waterproof in it?

Yep, could use that. My mate uses half a fairy liquid bottle. I use a
large mouthed water bottle now.

Sadly the design of the Fairy Liquid bottles changed some time ago (no doubt
much to the distress of Blue Peter fans).

These days the various containers for bottled water are probably a good bet.

You could even (I am sure it has already been mentioned) use a real plastic
cycle water bottle as the cheap ones aren't much more than a quid.

Cheers
Dave R

F/S: Velocity clamp on bottle cage holder Mariano pacini Marketplace 0 December 6th 04 04:27 PM
Bottle cage bolt Idris UK 11 December 5th 04 09:50 PM
Water bottle parts carrier? John Techniques 52 October 11th 04 03:59 AM
New Jacket of gadget fans - Badger South General 5 January 16th 04 04:15 PM
Bottle Holder? daino149 Unicycling 7 November 23rd 03 09:03 AM