ICYCLES shipping

Old September 9th 05, 03:58 AM

Default ICYCLES shipping

I just made an order of small parts and a floor pump from ICYCLES.com
The shipping on orders in excess of $150 was to be free. They charged
me $19+ for oversized shipping because of the pump, effectively
doubling the price of the pump. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Old September 9th 05, 11:57 AM

Good luck to you. I places two orders from them many years ago.
Every item i got was somehow flawed. My items were like manufacture
rejects. I'm a slow learner.

Old September 10th 05, 11:40 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:57:04 GMT, lewdvig wrote:

wrote:
Good luck to you. I places two orders from them many years ago.
Every item i got was somehow flawed. My items were like manufacture
rejects. I'm a slow learner.

They sell closeouts and seconds, that is no secret.

I bought a carbon fork from them and got exactly what I paid for.

I'd read bad stuff about them but ordered anyway. Got perfectly fine
service. Some of the stuff I ordered was worse than I'd hoped -- some
waterbottles that really sucked. But they were super cheap, so it
makes sense.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old September 12th 05, 02:16 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

JeffWills wrote:

Hmmm... Icycles ships USPS, and a floor pump would almost certainly put
the package into the "oversize" category by USPS standards.

The Icycles website does say:
"FREE Shipping
over $100 within the Continental USA
Excludes Over-Sized Items And Auctions"

Griffin- Did the shipping charge not appear on the invoice when you
made the original purchase? If so, you might have a case.

Jeff

A floor pump does not make a package 'oversized' by any standard.
Bicycles can 'sometimes' be oversized, a floor pump, never, unless they
packed it in a bike box. Many MO places make $ on shipping, no secret.
Charge more than it costs.