"Baby airlifted to hospital after car crashes into buggy", and on apavement too!

Old October 13th 10, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Doug[_10_]

Default "Baby airlifted to hospital after car crashes into buggy", and on apavement too!

So we are all at risk, even on pavements and cyclists too, if
motorists feel unwell? I wonder what excuses will be dreamed up next?
"I'm sorry I killed a baby officer but I was feeling unwell", "Not to
worry sir, it could happen to anyone and I should know as a motorist
myself."

"Baby airlifted to hospital after car crashes into buggy

A baby escaped with just a bruise after a car veered on to a pavement
in Dorset, hitting the girl's mother who was pushing her in a buggy.

Paramedics were called to Salisbury Road, Blandford, on Tuesday
afternoon.

Dorset Police said the three-month-old girl was airlifted to Dorset
County Hospital as a precaution.

The baby's mother, aged 20, suffered pains to her neck and was also
taken to hospital, along with the driver of the car who had become
unwell."

ttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-11530987

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new..._in_Blandford/

http://www.manchesterwired.co.uk/new...hes-into-buggy

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
Old October 13th 10, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
The Medway Handyman[_3_]

Doug wrote:
So we are all at risk, even on pavements and cyclists too,

Completely OT post - again.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

Old October 13th 10, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Mr X[_2_]

"Doug" wrote in message
So we are all at risk, even on pavements and cyclists too, if
motorists feel unwell? I wonder what excuses will be dreamed up next?
"I'm sorry I killed a baby officer but I was feeling unwell", "Not to
worry sir, it could happen to anyone and I should know as a motorist
myself."

And?
Someone was taken ill while driving and sadly injured a baby and its mother.
I'm sure the driver didn't
(a) become ill
or
(b) injure the baby or mother
out of choice!

Old October 13th 10, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Mr X wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message
So we are all at risk, even on pavements and cyclists too, if
motorists feel unwell? I wonder what excuses will be dreamed up next?
"I'm sorry I killed a baby officer but I was feeling unwell", "Not to
worry sir, it could happen to anyone and I should know as a motorist
myself."

And?
Someone was taken ill while driving and sadly injured a baby and its
mother. I'm sure the driver didn't
(a) become ill
or
(b) injure the baby or mother
out of choice!

it would of course be impossible for a cyclist on the pavement to crash into
a mother and buggy, whether falling ill or not.

Old October 13th 10, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Robbie[_2_]

Doug wrote:
[...]

You've got out of bed late today Doug. Giro day yesterday?

--
Robbie
Old October 13th 10, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Brimstone[_9_]

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

What's the point of this post Doug?

Old October 13th 10, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
FrengaX

On Oct 13, 5:49*pm, Doug wrote:
So we are all at risk

Yes, Doug. There's a risk in any activity. Fact.

However, the risk in being injured when walking on the pavement is
very, very low, and much less than a million and one other things
people do every day.

So what is your proposed mitigation of the risk in this case? I'd love
to know, as you never seem to say in such cases what you would do
about it.
Old October 13th 10, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
The Medway Handyman[_3_]

Mrcheerful wrote:
Mr X wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message
So we are all at risk, even on pavements and cyclists too, if
motorists feel unwell? I wonder what excuses will be dreamed up
next? "I'm sorry I killed a baby officer but I was feeling unwell",
"Not to worry sir, it could happen to anyone and I should know as a
motorist myself."

And?
Someone was taken ill while driving and sadly injured a baby and its
mother. I'm sure the driver didn't
(a) become ill
or
(b) injure the baby or mother
out of choice!

it would of course be impossible for a cyclist on the pavement to
crash into a mother and buggy, whether falling ill or not.

What about "Police are appealing for information after the 6-year-old was
stuck on Monday morning.The child was hit on Stapleton Road on the one way
section that runs alongside the M32 at around 8.15am. He was crossing the
road with his mum, when he was struck by a cyclist travelling in the
opposite direction"

http://www.jackbristol.com/newscentr...-bristol--4996

Old October 14th 10, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Doug[_10_]

On 13 Oct, 18:05, "The Medway Handyman" davidno-spam-
wrote:
Doug wrote:
So we are all at risk, even on pavements and cyclists too,

Completely OT post - again.

Nope. All cyclists are potential victims of dangerous drivers and are
concerned about road/pavement safety..

-- .
Old October 14th 10, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On 13 Oct, 21:31, FrengaX wrote:
On Oct 13, 5:49*pm, Doug wrote:

So we are all at risk

Yes, Doug. There's a risk in any activity. Fact.

However, the risk in being injured when walking on the pavement is
very, very low, and much less than a million and one other things
people do every day.

So what is your proposed mitigation of the risk in this case? I'd love
to know, as you never seem to say in such cases what you would do
about it.

The obvious things to do is to increase punishments for drivers
killing or injuring other people, as a strong deterrent, and if they
do take kill or injure anyone take away their driving licence for
life.

If a driver feels they are prone to dangerous driving, for whatever
reason, they can choose to stop driving and so not risk punishment.

Use of a car is not mandatory, despite appearances to the contrary.

-- .