Brighton Cyclist 900 quid down

Old October 10th 10, 12:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

Default Brighton Cyclist 900 quid down

On 9 Oct, 20:11, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:

the other items you refer to would be off topic for this news group
and so were (correctly) not mentioned.

Not at all - they set the cyclists behaviour and his treatment in
context. *But I keep forgetting you are the group moderator and can
dictate what can and can't be posted.

But out of interest, which do you think were the most serious crimes
in the programme?

Tony

I reckon The unlicenced driver that lied about her name springs to mind as
being the most likely to hurt someone.
The bikers were being silly, but most showed very high skills at controlling
the bikes, not suitable for the roads of course.
The stupid girl that was travelling too close and ran into the back of the
van should have been done for careless driving at least.
The illegal immigrants should just be put back on the boat and dumped at
sea. *What else was there? *The cyclist really was such a prat, you just
could not make it up, he epitomises everything bad about cyclists. *How
those cops restrain themselves is beyond me, I could not do it, with or
without cameras he would have tripped over several times on the way to the
arrest van.

He didn't swear or spit, pity.
He should have said " There's a war on you know, we all must pull
together."
That might have got him off, subject to a phsychiatric examination.
Something certainly not right about him besides the obvious.
Old October 10th 10, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
thirty-six

On 9 Oct, 19:38, Adam Lea wrote:
On 09/10/2010 18:15, Tony Raven wrote:

Derek, I seemed to have missed your reply. Would you like to tell us
about motorcyclists doing wheelies and power sliding all over the dual
carriageway at speed or doing 150mph on a single carriageway road,
drivers driving unsupervised on provisional licenses and cars with no
lights? Of course that's all trivial compared to a cyclist riding
without lights isn't it?

Ah, but that would be OT for uk.rec.cycling wouldn't it? Presumably,
therefore, Derek will be going on to uk.rec.driving as well to post
about the motoring infractions side of the programme.

BTW dropping a motorbicycle at 150mph can seriously damage your
wallet. Make sure those schrader caps are well sealed down to help
avoid such silliness.
Old October 10th 10, 01:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
thirty-six

On 9 Oct, 20:43, Tony Raven wrote:
Derek C wrote:

I have only just got in and passed one such cyclist who was riding at
some speed on the footpath with many pedestrians around, as it is a
Saturday night. These idiots can be very hard to spot from a car on a
dark night.

Perhaps you shouldn't have been driving on the footpath then.

Tony

It's usually easier with foglights.
Old October 10th 10, 01:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
thirty-six

On 9 Oct, 09:03, "John Turner" wrote:
"JMS" *wrote

I have just seen part of one of those "cops in action" type of
programmes.

A cyclist in Brighton was seen riding with no lights one night.

The police were going to pull him up and make him walk home.

BUT - he rode through a red traffic light before they could stop him.

They shouted at him to stop - BUT he refused and buggered off on the
pavement !!

When stopped he swore at the two officers.

It did appear that he was ****ed - but they let that go.

He was fined £700 and ordered to pay £215 costs.

He was *such an arrogant **** *- he reminded me of so many of the
cyclists in URC.

Yes, what an arrogant ****.

I thought the police were remarkably retrained, although there were cameras
present. *Personally I'd have arrested the ******* and allowed him the
pleasure of a night in the cells - AND - I'd have done him for being drunk
in charge of a push bike.

He wasn't. The assesment still needs to be made by a doctor. The
video evidence could be used by the defence to prove he wasn't drunk
by the expert witness of another doctor. I don't think the police
could find a doctor to support their SUGGESTION that the rider was
drunk.

John.

Old October 10th 10, 01:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
thirty-six

On 9 Oct, 09:41, (Shaun) wrote:
On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 09:03:27 +0100, "John Turner"

wrote:

[...]

Talking of arrogant ****s

In an episode a few years ago a copper pulled over a motorbike for not
having lights. The rider explained this was quite legal if the bike
wasn't used at night. The copper refused to beleive this and refused
to let him continue for several hours. By which time it was dark.

Sometimes it's best to keep it buttoned no matter how right you are.
A five minute stop rarely bothers me because I've dun nuthin wrong.

When the copper found out it was actually the motorcyclist who was in
the right his response was "I was correct, its the law thats wrong"

Old October 10th 10, 01:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Mrcheerful[_2_]

thirty-six wrote:
On 9 Oct, 19:38, Adam Lea wrote:
On 09/10/2010 18:15, Tony Raven wrote:

Derek, I seemed to have missed your reply. Would you like to tell us
about motorcyclists doing wheelies and power sliding all over the
dual carriageway at speed or doing 150mph on a single carriageway
road, drivers driving unsupervised on provisional licenses and cars
with no lights? Of course that's all trivial compared to a cyclist
riding without lights isn't it?

Ah, but that would be OT for uk.rec.cycling wouldn't it? Presumably,
therefore, Derek will be going on to uk.rec.driving as well to post
about the motoring infractions side of the programme.

BTW dropping a motorbicycle at 150mph can seriously damage your
wallet. Make sure those schrader caps are well sealed down to help
avoid such silliness.

Someone worked out that at over 150 mph (approx) the tyre will stay at the
normal shape due to centrifugal force, problem is that you can't slow down.
(whether this is true or not I cannot tell)

Old October 10th 10, 06:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Derek C

Derek C wrote:

I have only just got in and passed one such cyclist who was riding at
some speed on the footpath with many pedestrians around, as it is a
Saturday night. These idiots can be very hard to spot from a car on a
dark night.

Perhaps you shouldn't have been driving on the footpath then.

Tony

It's usually easier with foglights.

1) It's illegal to use fog lights unless it is actually foggy.

2) They only illuminate the road surface, rather than things that are
higher up such as an unlit cyclist.

You really must be a cyclist rather than a motorist.

Derek C
Old October 10th 10, 07:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Tony Raven[_3_]

Mrcheerful wrote:

Someone worked out that at over 150 mph (approx) the tyre will stay at the
normal shape due to centrifugal force, problem is that you can't slow down.
(whether this is true or not I cannot tell)

Ermmm....excuse me Mr URC Moderator but you are posting OT for this
newsgroup. You've banned that remember?

Tony
Old October 10th 10, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 16:31:57 -0700, Squashme wrote:

On 10 Oct, 00:17, "The Medway Handyman" davidno-spam-
wrote:

Aw ****, Medway's face forward on the keyboard again. Somebody nip round
and check on him, please!

Before posting please ensure that brain is connected to keyboard, and
keyboard to computer.

--
67.4 percent of statistics are made up.