Jeremy Vine TODAY

Old June 22nd 06, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Jeremy Vine TODAY

Just caught a bit of his preamble about his prog today... apparently it's
going to be an anti-cyclist ranting... sigh... about the stop at red thing..
meven got a message board link for it on his web site..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/

BAH! I shall not listen, or I may explode ;D

Cheers, helen s

--

~~
you may need to remove dependence

Old June 22nd 06, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat twisted the electrons to say:
Just caught a bit of his preamble about his prog today... apparently
it's going to be an anti-cyclist ranting... sigh... about the stop at
red thing.. meven got a message board link for it on his web site..

I find it's generally best *not* to listen to the Jeremy Vine show. I
don't know where they dig up the members of the public who contact them,
but the stupidity of some of them[1] is truly awe-inspiring. It's
something of a shame really as some of the people they have in to talk
about the details of $SUBJECT do seem to know their stuff ...

[1] Eg: The gentleman last week who seemed to believe that if you where
arrested by the police you had to prove your innocence[2], rather
than them trying to prove your guilt!
[2] I'm sure Riechsfuhrer Blunkett was trying to move the country in that
direction but we haven't (AFAIK) quite got there yet ...
Old June 22nd 06, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat wrote on 22/06/2006 11:54 +0100:
Just caught a bit of his preamble about his prog today... apparently
it's going to be an anti-cyclist ranting... sigh... about the stop at
red thing.. meven got a message board link for it on his web site..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/

BAH! I shall not listen, or I may explode ;D

Cheers, helen s

Well the vote on his web page is 93% stop at red lights, 7% don't which
IIRC is better than when the RAC surveyed motorists and bus drivers.
Worth going and voting now.

On a related point, I'm getting a bit fed up of BBC cyclist bashing.
Can we collect together a list of all the recent examples that know of
anti and pro? I then plan to write to The Management to complain about
their one sided cyclist bashing with examples of how many bashes they
have against positive pieces.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old June 22nd 06, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tony Raven wrote:
wafflycat wrote on 22/06/2006 11:54 +0100:
Just caught a bit of his preamble about his prog today... apparently
it's going to be an anti-cyclist ranting... sigh... about the stop at
red thing.. meven got a message board link for it on his web site..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/

BAH! I shall not listen, or I may explode ;D

Cheers, helen s

Well the vote on his web page is 93% stop at red lights, 7% don't
which IIRC is better than when the RAC surveyed motorists and bus
drivers. Worth going and voting now.

On a related point, I'm getting a bit fed up of BBC cyclist bashing.
Can we collect together a list of all the recent examples that know of
anti and pro? I then plan to write to The Management to complain
about their one sided cyclist bashing with examples of how many
bashes they have against positive pieces.

Did you listen?

The bit I caught was a lady cyclist campaigning against red light running at
a particular crossing where a number of pedestrians had been injured by red
light running cyclists.

Is that cyclist bashing?

pk

Old June 22nd 06, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

p.k. wrote:

Did you listen?

The bit I caught was a lady cyclist campaigning against red light running at
a particular crossing where a number of pedestrians had been injured by red
light running cyclists.

Is that cyclist bashing?

pk

If 'a number of pedestrains' have really been injured, why has there
been no campaign of enforcement?

I suspect that the lady was making it up.
Old June 22nd 06, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 2006-06-22, Alistair Gunn wrote:
I find it's generally best *not* to listen to the Jeremy Vine show. I
don't know where they dig up the members of the public who contact them,

Probably the same insipid permanently offended Middle Englanders that
read the Daily Mail and write to its letters page!

Old June 22nd 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Al C-F wrote:
p.k. wrote:

Did you listen?

The bit I caught was a lady cyclist campaigning against red light
running at a particular crossing where a number of pedestrians had
been injured by red light running cyclists.

Is that cyclist bashing?

pk

If 'a number of pedestrains' have really been injured, why has there
been no campaign of enforcement?

I suspect that the lady was making it up.

She said that on a campaign day the police had given on the spot fies to red
light running cyclists.

pk

Old June 22nd 06, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Al C-F wrote:

p.k. wrote:

Did you listen?

The bit I caught was a lady cyclist campaigning against red light running at
a particular crossing where a number of pedestrians had been injured by red
light running cyclists.

Is that cyclist bashing?

pk

If 'a number of pedestrains' have really been injured, why has there
been no campaign of enforcement?

I suspect that the lady was making it up.

I listened to it too. It seems there has been/is a campaign of enforcement.
It started because 4 children were injured.
'Mums with banners' then ran a local campaign bringing the issue to the
attention of both the errant cyclists and the police.
Apparently a number of cyclists were handed spot fines.

I'm with pk on this one.
Cyclists should obey all traffic laws.

John B

Old June 22nd 06, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"John B" wrote in message

I'm with pk on this one.
Cyclists should obey all traffic laws.

Even the ones to do with pedal reflectors?

cheers,
clive

Old June 22nd 06, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 22 Jun 2006 11:30:44 GMT, Alistair Gunn wrote:

[1] Eg: The gentleman last week who seemed to believe that if you where
arrested by the police you had to prove your innocence[2], rather
than them trying to prove your guilt!
[2] I'm sure Riechsfuhrer Blunkett was trying to move the country in that
direction but we haven't (AFAIK) quite got there yet ...

Not in general, but we have in some respects - RIP act, for example.

Of course, if you look a bit foreign, you might not get a chance to
prove your innocence...

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Great ride today? jj General 0 June 12th 05 05:29 AM
Unless my fingers fell off - I was going to ride today! Ken General 13 May 15th 05 07:32 PM
Another good ride today MSeries UK 8 February 7th 05 08:48 PM
Unicyclist invasion .. today was f-in awsem ben_unruh Unicycling 16 January 23rd 05 09:42 PM
There were some great views today MSeries UK 1 November 14th 04 08:20 AM