Australian design award for bike lamp

Old May 12th 07, 12:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Travis

Default Australian design award for bike lamp

I saw on television that an Australian designed LED bike lamp has just
been one of the winners of an Australian design award. I Googled for
it and got this: http://www.enews.standards.org.au/ca...&contentid=131

I didn't catch the name/make of the lamp though. Does anyone know
which one it was... and where we can get one?

Travis

Old May 12th 07, 12:50 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Parbs

Travis wrote:
I saw on television that an Australian designed LED bike lamp has just
been one of the winners of an Australian design award. I Googled for
it and got this: http://www.enews.standards.org.au/ca...&contentid=131

I didn't catch the name/make of the lamp though. Does anyone know
which one it was... and where we can get one?

Knog

You need to work on your google-fu

http://www.designawards.com.au/appli...licationID=462

Parbs
Old May 12th 07, 12:54 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Russell Lang

"Travis" wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw on television that an Australian designed LED bike lamp has just
been one of the winners of an Australian design award. I Googled for
it and got this: http://www.enews.standards.org.au/ca...&contentid=131

I didn't catch the name/make of the lamp though. Does anyone know
which one it was... and where we can get one?

Knog Gator

http://www.designawards.com.au/appli...licationID=462

I'm impressed. To get that number of lumens from two LEDs requires the Cree XR-E. Knog got a
product to market and got an award within 8 months after the LED was released! I'm guessing that
they changed from a Luxeon III to Cree XR-E quite late in the design process :-) I particularly
like the spot/wide beam option. I thought about doing that, but with my available construction
methods it would have looked ugly.

Old May 12th 07, 02:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_175_]

Parbs Wrote:

You need to work on your google-fu

http://tinyurl.com/2gnvz2

Didn't require google-fu while watching the tail-end of the news
segment, the design (and the designers name) instantly made me think of
Knog. Do like the tasty asymmetric design, although I'd have to see the
Gator to make a assessment over possibly choosing it over other light
systems (ie: currently looking around for a Vista replacement)

--
cfsmtb

Old May 12th 07, 03:34 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Travis

On May 12, 7:50 pm, Parbs wrote:

You need to work on your google-fu

http://www.designawards.com.au/appli...tatus=4&applic...

Parbs

Ta. Anyone know where they can be bought and how much they would
cost?

Travis

Old May 12th 07, 09:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
John Henderson

Travis wrote:

I saw on television that an Australian designed LED bike lamp
has just been one of the winners of an Australian design
award. I Googled for it and got this:
http://www.enews.standards.org.au/ca...&contentid=131

I didn't catch the name/make of the lamp though. Does anyone
know which one it was... and where we can get one?

http://www.knog.com.au

Click on "get knog' for contact details, "download knogalogue"
for versions available. No prices though.

John
Old May 13th 07, 12:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

John Henderson wrote:

http://www.knog.com.au

Click on "get knog' for contact details, "download knogalogue"
for versions available. No prices though.

John

Some great looking stuff there. Love the look of the handlebar bag
although without seeing prices I still suspect it is all a bit out of
budget for me.

DaveB
Old May 13th 07, 03:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

"DaveB" wrote in message
u...
John Henderson wrote:

http://www.knog.com.au

Click on "get knog' for contact details, "download knogalogue"
for versions available. No prices though.

John

Some great looking stuff there. Love the look of the handlebar bag
although without seeing prices I still suspect it is all a bit out of
budget for me.

DaveB

I did find one catalogue that lists it at £210! A bit rich for my blood.

Old May 13th 07, 04:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_177_]

John Henderson Wrote:

http://www.knog.com.au

Think Knog are trying too hard with the overall marketing concept about
veal farms and Lily Allen. Isn't it about nifty bicycle accessories? Oh
sorry, it's *branding*. Silly me.

--
cfsmtb

Old May 13th 07, 05:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Henderson

cfsmtb wrote:

John Henderson Wrote:

http://www.knog.com.au

Think Knog are trying too hard with the overall marketing
concept about veal farms and Lily Allen. Isn't it about nifty
bicycle accessories? Oh sorry, it's *branding*. Silly me.

Glad you explained it - was over my head!

John