A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Mountain Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

WHOOPS! ANOTHER Dead Mountain Biker!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 13th 13, 02:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade
external usenet poster

Default WHOOPS! ANOTHER Dead Mountain Biker!

Felon is a synonym for criminal.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/felon

Main Entry:
felon  [fel-uhn] Show IPA
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: criminal
Synonyms: con, convict, delinquent, ex-con, jailbird, lawbreaker, lifer, loser*, malefactor, offender, outlaw, yardbird

You are trying to use a very US-specific definition related to the misdemeanour/felony classification. And, even then, you are wrong since Battery can be a felony or misdemeanour depending on severity.

However, to clarify my meaning absolutely, I am using Felon as a synonym for Criminal. And, no, I won't be apologising for stating the truth.

Will you be apologising for breaking the law and wishing ill to so many others ?