OT, but a nice summary for Mark and other Bush apologists

Old April 27th 04, 01:34 AM
Kyle.B.H

Default OT, but a nice summary for Mark and other Bush apologists

"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message

"JP" wrote in message
om...
"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message

Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.

Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
current GOP policies.

The interests of the farmer, the factory worker, and the "ultrawealthy"

are
not mutually exclusive. The subject of the OP was a 'documentary' of the
US's relationship with Sadaam put to Sinatra's "Thanks for the Memories",
and you criticize me for using sarcasm!?!

Actually, its probably Bob Hope or something, so you can leave that one
alone. (although Sinatra did have a version).

Old April 27th 04, 03:44 AM
R15757

Tim McNamara wrote:

Which may be years. Hopefully not, hopefully some reasonably stable
democratic-type government (more likely a parliamentary government)
can be set up and be functional, although I think June 30th is a date
that only crack smokers would see as feasible. Even though it was a
horrible miscalculation on the part of Bushco, it's done and now the
cleanup has to happen.

There will be no meaningful transfer of sovereignty on
June 30, although I suppose many who know only what
CNN or Fox tells them will be fooled into believing
otherwise. Elections are supposed to be held next
year. That is the date that everybody is smoking crack
about.

Robert

Old April 27th 04, 04:56 AM
Mark Hickey

Tim McNamara wrote:

From: Mark Hickey

It'll be interesting to see what happens after the June 30
handover of power.

That's when our people, soldiers and "mercenaries" alike, need to
start coming home. The sooner the better.

I agree - but we'll need to be there long enough for a reasonable
amount of stability to set in.

Which may be years. Hopefully not, hopefully some reasonably stable
democratic-type government (more likely a parliamentary government)
can be set up and be functional, although I think June 30th is a date
that only crack smokers would see as feasible. Even though it was a
horrible miscalculation on the part of Bushco, it's done and now the
cleanup has to happen.

Remember that it was actually going pretty well until just recently -
the various minority and radical factions are trying to carve out a
niche in the power system (after all, that's how it's been done for
thousands of years in the region). I too agree that June 30th is
pushing it, but I believe that it doesn't much matter when that date
is - things are going to get rough just before the hand-off, even if
it's five years from now (a thought that sent a cold shiver down my
spine).

I think the surprise is how involved the other anti-democracy and
anti-US groups in the region have become. That's no doubt because
they are afraid that the whole exercize just might work.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old April 27th 04, 04:56 AM
Mark Hickey

Tim McNamara wrote:

Old April 27th 04, 03:42 PM
JP

"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message news:syhjc.26792$cF6.1173728@attbi_s04...
"JP" wrote in message
om...
"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message

Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.

Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
current GOP policies.

The interests of the farmer, the factory worker, and the "ultrawealthy" are
not mutually exclusive. The subject of the OP was a 'documentary' of the
US's relationship with Sadaam put to Sinatra's "Thanks for the Memories",
and you criticize me for using sarcasm!?!

No, I'm saying you're a pot calling a kettle black.

(When the daughters of the ultrawealthy need
abortions, they will simply go on "vacation" to the appropriate
European country.)

Very relevant to the discussion - thanks for throwing that one in there.
I'm sure that's exactly what Bush is thinking. "Hey, lets pass a law so
that only my rich buddies' daughters can kill their near-term babies by
traveling to Europe - that'll really screw the average guy's daughters who
want to do the same! Ha Ha Ha!!!! (evil superhero laugh)."

No, they're saying "Let's pass a law that will keep my conservative
base happy without ****ing off my wealthy supporters because they will
not be affected by it to any great extent". And it is *very* relevant
to the discussion of how the GOP uses its religious conservative base
to enable the agenda of its wealthy backers.

Or maybe, "Let's pass a law that will kill both late-term fetuses
*and* their mothers by prohibiting late-term abortions when needed to
preserve a mother's own life."

"Evil superhero"- a descriptive, if oxymoronic way to describe Bush.

You, on the other hand, used sarcasm combined with the much more

You already said that above.

Repeated for effect.

scholarly form of logic, called "quoting out of context", to make your
point, which, I guess, is that you don't like theirs.

Please put the passages back in context for me. Paste the whole page
please. What did I leave out that somehow stripped those quotations of
their rationality?

The rest of the website.

JP

Old April 27th 04, 06:48 PM
Jonesy

"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message news:bRdjc.25557$YP5.1992034@attbi_s02...
"Jonesy" wrote in message
om...
"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message

> [...]
"Ted Bennett" wrote in message
http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people

seriously.
You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your

intellectual
ammunition.

Anybody who thinks that this is serious news reporting, or is in any
way, shape or form "intellectual ammunition" is probably one of the
terminally stupid.

Well, according to the OP, its a "nice summary".

Does it summarize facts, or doesn't it? If it doesn't, then what's
the problem with actually bringing a counter-argument?
--
Jonesy

Old April 28th 04, 01:23 AM
Jay Beattie

"Ted Bennett" wrote in message
http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

--
Ted Bennett
Portland OR

Shame on you, Ted. How could you be such an unmitigated troll!
I expect so much more from Portlanders. -- Jay Beattie.