winged dome nut (photo) and "master wrench"

Old July 1st 16, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default winged dome nut (photo) and "master wrench"

On 7/1/2016 3:35 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
David Scheidt writes:

Knipex are the only makers of such a tool.
They seem to call them 'tångnyckel' in
swedesh. Hansson & freife list them.

OK, thank you. "TÃ¥ngnyckel" is "pair of pliers
key"

This?

http://www.ironmongeryonline.com/med.../2/9/29459.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 1st 16, 10:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg

AMuzi writes:

This?

http://www.ironmongeryonline.com/med.../2/9/29459.jpg

Yes, that's the thing. It is indeed
"tångnyckel" in Swedish. Good research by
David Scheidt.

They are expensive (499 SEK = ~($59, £45, or €53))
and not even in the big shops in the industrial
areas out of town, but now that I know the name
I will God willing be able to get them.

- so far: 55 Blogomatic articles -
Old July 1st 16, 10:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/1/2016 4:35 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
AMuzi writes:

This?

http://www.ironmongeryonline.com/med.../2/9/29459.jpg

Yes, that's the thing. It is indeed
"tångnyckel" in Swedish. Good research by
David Scheidt.

They are expensive (499 SEK = ~($59, £45, or €53))
and not even in the big shops in the industrial
areas out of town, but now that I know the name
I will God willing be able to get them.

We use some Knipex products here (not that model). Good
quality, durable, a good investment.

Old July 2nd 16, 02:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

AMuzi wrote:
:On 7/1/2016 4:35 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
: AMuzi writes:
:
: This?
:
: http://www.ironmongeryonline.com/med.../2/9/29459.jpg
:
: Yes, that's the thing. It is indeed
: "tångnyckel" in Swedish. Good research by
: David Scheidt.
:
: They are expensive (499 SEK = ~($59, £45, or €53))
: and not even in the big shops in the industrial
: areas out of town, but now that I know the name
: I will God willing be able to get them.

That's pretty much what they cost in the US. (I think the 250 mm
model is ~$50). That's the slightly fancy version, there's a model
with plain plastic dipped handles that's a bit cheaper. That's what I
have.

:We use some Knipex products here (not that model). Good
:quality, durable, a good investment.

Pliers wrenches are worth the money.

--
sig 84
Old July 2nd 16, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 18:11:54 +0200, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

John B. writes:

It can't be too big either. There are no
"coolies" to follow you into the jungle this
day and age...

It has been a while but from memory my Air
Force tool box was about all you could pick
up with one hand and walk away with. Maybe 25
- 30 Kg.

With such a tool box you can't walk very long.
Maybe 25 - 30

As for "coolies" oh yes there are. When I was
working in Irian Jaya we hired "laborers" for
a dollar a day, all in, and usually had
a hundred, or so, on every job.

Not to forget the Sherpas in the Himalaya and
the Hunza tigers (Pakistani LAPs and HAPs) in
the Karakoram!

Referring to them as "coolies" tho might result
in some bad blood, and possibly some spilled as
well...

No, not really. for one thing they didn't speak English and secondly,
at least in one area, they were the first people in history that ever
had a cash income.

But blood was spilled. We were closing down a sawmill site and gave
away everything that we didn't want to haul back to the base camp by
helicopter.

The foreman gave a tarpaulin to people from one village which provoked
an argument with people from another village and a guy from Village 1
chopped the hand off a chap from Village 2.

We flew the "Government Man" and two guys with machine guns out to the
site ands they had a big pow-wow which ended up with Guy 1 having to
pay compensation to guy 2 which was sufficient for guy 2 to acquire
another wife so everyone swore eternal friendship.
--
cheers,

John B.