Odd, no talk of the Sony debacle

Old October 14th 05, 05:43 PM

Default Odd, no talk of the Sony debacle

I thought for sure someone would be discussing this. Not a good time
to be looking for a contract.

Old October 14th 05, 05:47 PM
SH

wrote:
I thought for sure someone would be discussing this. Not a good time
to be looking for a contract.

Dumbass,

Are you a retard, or do you just play one on RBR?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...86b5bd5c0819fb

Old October 14th 05, 06:05 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:56:32 -0400, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

Conclusion: There is an inverse relationship between doping and
sponsorships (Magilla's Law of Inverse Sponsorship Dynamics). The math
is very complicated and beyond the scope of this forum.

A no brainer. Just recirculated drug money falling close to the tree.
Now if we could find an angle to get a piece of the porn industry
money, they'll be driving Porshe Cayennes in the next Tour. Jeff Jones
is the one with a web site, I think he should make the first move.
Hell, he's already got the blimp. Or maybe that should be called The
Blimp.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old October 14th 05, 07:16 PM
B. Lafferty

wrote:

Conclusion: There is an inverse relationship between doping and
sponsorships (Magilla's Law of Inverse Sponsorship Dynamics). The math
is very complicated and beyond the scope of this forum.

A no brainer. Just recirculated drug money falling close to the tree.

There is precident for this. In the early 1980s Pablo Escobar sponsored his
brother Roberto's pro team in Columbia. Some team members were eventually
murdered by Pablo's men and others were used in the drug trade--either
murdered or imprisoned. I drug money did come into Euro racing, there might
well be more than tacks thrown on the road. :-)

Now if we could find an angle to get a piece of the porn industry
money, they'll be driving Porshe Cayennes

She'd make a good sponsor and podium personality.

Old October 14th 05, 08:07 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:16:10 GMT, "B. Lafferty"
wrote:

Now if we could find an angle to get a piece of the porn industry
money, they'll be driving Porshe Cayennes

She'd make a good sponsor and podium personality.

That would be a Porsche Cayenne, wouldn't it? Sorry, it took me five
years to get Merckx (Merkcx? Merkx?) right and now dealing with
Savoldelli has pretty much made it more than I can handle.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old October 14th 05, 08:27 PM
B. Lafferty

wrote:

Now if we could find an angle to get a piece of the porn industry
money, they'll be driving Porshe Cayennes

She'd make a good sponsor and podium personality.

That would be a Porsche Cayenne, wouldn't it? Sorry, it took me five
years to get Merckx (Merkcx? Merkx?) right and now dealing with
Savoldelli has pretty much made it more than I can handle.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

If she comes aboard, I'll pay for your lesson(s).

Old October 15th 05, 01:14 AM

Yeah, well I tend to look at posts with a clear title, as opposed to
'We should have seen this coming'. What? A speeding training? Your
assine dickhead post? Some of us have better things to do than read
every thread.

Besides, got you talking about it...:~)

Old October 15th 05, 01:24 AM

Yeah but you should also know that there are plenty of sponsorships
that make no good marketing sense...Prime Alliance and Webcor were
borderline at best, and both were backed by guys interested in cycling,
and what about QuickStep or Big Mat? Either way, cycling is still a
bargain compared to F1 or NASCAR bull****. Can you even read the
sponsor names?

I need some ideas for a talk! Quick! GizmoDuck Unicycling 5 May 3rd 05 10:19 AM
Devices for cyclists to talk to each other? Do they exist? (I'm thinking ultra-light, "blu-tooth" type technology...) ship UK 44 March 15th 05 09:31 AM
Sony bike radio Ron Hardin General 3 August 12th 04 08:26 PM
French super Lance fan K. J. Papai Racing 35 July 26th 04 03:33 PM
Talk Radio Hosts Encourage Killing Cyclists Cycle America General 24 May 30th 04 01:53 AM