Should I quit?

Old September 11th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

Default Should I quit?

Okay... so as lots of you know, I have really bad luck with unicycles.
Every uni I touch seems to shatter by me merely laying a finger on it.
It's not actually that bad but I've been going through waaaaay to many
uni parts lately. Most recently I bent my cranks hella bad, so it's
impossible to trick or drop.
I really love unicycling but I can't afford to keep riding any longer.
I don't want to quit but considering my current income, it seems to be
my only choice. Unless... any of you had a brilliant solution.
Currently, the only one I can think of is "make more money" but I can't
really do that. So... if any of you have some really good ideas... that
would be reallyreallyreally awesome.
If not... 'here's' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3afnKaI1Ig) a video
of what tiregrabs with bent cranks are like.
Thanks, Jackie

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-Incubate now. Hatch later.-

What's brown and
sticky?
a stick.
Protect your right to arm bears.

-ahh... what a precious moment in a childs life when you get to
see him blow up a rainbow trout for the first time-
~Phil on uni
Old September 11th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pigs on Unicycles

Don't do such big drops! That was about six feet right? Don't go so
big.

Pigs

--
Pigs on Unicycles

Blisters are like people, at first you are anoyed with them but soon
you're at peace with them, and by that time they're gone.

Homework kills trees! Stop the MADNESS!!I'm tighter than the Jonnas
brothers' pants!!
Old September 11th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
patsandy100

DONT DO IT PHIL!!!! I got a solution. Ride less :P 1 part a month so you
can ride maybe... 3 times a month of your lucky? have you tryed just
getting really good parts? what do you have now? perhaps Moment cranks
are in order with a KH titanium hub, Triton frame!?

--
patsandy100

HIGH JUMP: *35 CM*
*LONG JUMP: 1 Metre*
PRACTICING: INCREASING JUMP HEIGHT AND WORKING ON
PEDAL GRABS
Believe in the FSM and his noodly goodness.
Uni for the FSM!!
Old September 11th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Fraggle

Well if you like unicycling and you quit, I recon you'll be back
sometime. I stopped a while ago, and i'm back into it more than before.
I recon rather than quit, go easy on it for a bit, try stuff you cant do
that is less stressfull to the uni than what you do now, and when
financial situation is better ride as you do now.

--
Fraggle

F.
Old September 11th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

I have a really good uni. It's a Qu-ax frame with Qu-ax cranks and an
Alex DX hub and rim. It's held up to drops up to 15 feet for about a
year. It's good.
I just love to go big. 6-7 is generally where I trick off of lately.
Just that kind of stuff is really tough on the uni and I don't have
much money to replace parts.

And at Pigs, I wouldn't go big so much but big street and muni are the
only styles that hold interest for me.

Old September 11th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

patsandy100 wrote:
DONT DO IT PHIL!!!! I got a solution. Ride less :P 1 part a month so you
can ride maybe... 3 times a month of your lucky? have you tryed just
getting really good parts? what do you have now? perhaps Moment cranks
are in order with a KH titanium hub, Triton frame!?

That's Jackie... lolz, HEy Jackie were you doing a tire grab off your
house? Go you!

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
Old September 11th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

Fraggle wrote:
Well if you like unicycling and you quit, I recon you'll be back
sometime. I stopped a while ago, and i'm back into it more than before.
I recon rather than quit, go easy on it for a bit, try stuff you cant do
that is less stressfull to the uni than what you do now, and when
financial situation is better ride as you do now.

Thanks, that might be what I'll do...
Just it will probably be about ten years or so until I'll have enough
money again...

Old September 11th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
_Ground_Zero_

patsandy100 wrote:
DONT DO IT PHIL!!!! I got a solution. Ride less :P 1 part a month so you
can ride maybe... 3 times a month of your lucky? have you tryed just
getting really good parts? what do you have now? perhaps Moment cranks
are in order with a KH titanium hub, Triton frame!?

His problem is money. How would spending over $1000 on just cranks,
hub, and a frame help his financial situation?

My advice: Switch styles. Go flat. Get a CF base if you have that much
cash and then eventually upgrade to moments which won't die on you.

Is any of the stuff you recently broke under warranty (I'm assuming
not...)?

--
_Ground_Zero_

-Zero
)-2xLegwrap-O 3rd
Old September 11th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Fraggle

Goats_On_Unicycles wrote:
Thanks, that might be what I'll do...
Just it will probably be about ten years or so until I'll have enough
money again...

No worries.

Well my money situation is ****e at the moment, but im not killing
parts here and there, lol, and I have the 2 wheeler to keep me
occupied, till the situation is better. I stopped for maybe 6 years,
didn't own a unicycle in that time at all, started up again maybe last
August, and I'm enjoying it more, I am better, I'm performing
occasionally, and I have people to unicycle with.

If you quit then come back to it, what will you miss in the time you
are gone? How much could you have progressed? We don't know. Now, I
wish I hadn't stopped unicycling for 6 years, I'd be loads better than
I am now.

--
Fraggle

F.
Old September 11th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicycle-Emele

You should quit.

--
Unicycle-Emele

any unicyclist in Westchester County, NY 'pm '
(http://tinyurl.com/6xu626)me.
'My video' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cvBUcQ9QL_8)
'Other Vid' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9_j_UFiv3sY)
'newest vid' (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ReFi44k2lgY)

Quit with the trolls! Mamba Mountain Biking 8 December 11th 07 10:45 PM
When LeMond quit. Callistus Valerius Racing 12 July 11th 05 06:20 AM
why did they quit? Callistus Valerius Racing 56 August 18th 04 01:59 PM
Im glad i quit gpickett00 Unicycling 36 August 7th 04 03:45 AM
Will Lance quit? Lindsay Racing 22 July 24th 03 01:10 AM