Killer driver bailed.

Old September 12th 09, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Killer driver bailed.

Another unfortunate 'accident' no doubt. These dratted cyclists just
keep on getting in the way don't they. Hang on though, the article
calls it a 'crash'. Now there's a thing!

"A car driver has been arrested after a cyclist died and another was
injured in a crash on a main road in Devon.

The two cyclists were involved in a collision with a Peugeot 106 car
at about 0840 BST on the A30 at Tedburn St Mary, near Exeter.

The driver of the car, a 22-year-old woman from Okehampton, was
arrested and bailed by police until 7 December.

Both cyclists are believed to be visitors to the area. The eastbound
carriageway has now been reopened."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8250364.stm

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
Old September 12th 09, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]

Doug wrote:
Another unfortunate 'accident' no doubt. These dratted cyclists just
keep on getting in the way don't they. Hang on though, the article
calls it a 'crash'. Now there's a thing!

"A car driver has been arrested after a cyclist died and another was
injured in a crash on a main road in Devon.

The two cyclists were involved in a collision with a Peugeot 106 car
at about 0840 BST on the A30 at Tedburn St Mary, near Exeter.

The driver of the car, a 22-year-old woman from Okehampton, was
arrested and bailed by police until 7 December.

Both cyclists are believed to be visitors to the area. The eastbound
carriageway has now been reopened."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8250364.stm

Yet another DougRant(tm).

Old September 12th 09, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Graculus

"Doug" wrote in message
Another unfortunate 'accident' no doubt. These dratted cyclists just
keep on getting in the way don't they. Hang on though, the article
calls it a 'crash'. Now there's a thing!

Jumped to conclusions again, I see, despite very little information. I
assume you'll be informing this group what happens as it does, and whether
or not the driver is charged/prosecuted/convicted or not.

"A car driver has been arrested after a cyclist died and another was
injured in a crash on a main road in Devon.

The two cyclists were involved in a collision with a Peugeot 106 car
at about 0840 BST on the A30 at Tedburn St Mary, near Exeter.

OK, I know that the roads are open to cyclists, but why ride on the A30 when
there's a nice quiet road (presumably the old A30) running more-or-less
alongside at that point? For myself, I see no point exposing myself to
unnecessary danger, and will pick a back road to cycle on in preference to a
dual carriageway any day.

Old September 12th 09, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 12 Sep, 10:09, "Graculus"
wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

Another unfortunate 'accident' no doubt. These dratted cyclists just
keep on getting in the way don't they. Hang on though, the article
calls it a 'crash'. Now there's a thing!

Jumped to conclusions again, I see, despite very little information. I
assume you'll be informing this group what happens as it does, and whether
or not the driver is charged/prosecuted/convicted or not.

As you seem to be unable to keep up with the news I will certainly
try.

"A car driver has been arrested after a cyclist died and another was
injured in a crash on a main road in Devon.

The two cyclists were involved in a collision with a Peugeot 106 car
at about 0840 BST on the A30 at Tedburn St Mary, near Exeter.

OK, I know that the roads are open to cyclists, but why ride on the A30 when
there's a nice quiet road (presumably the old A30) running more-or-less
alongside at that point? For myself, I see no point exposing myself to
unnecessary danger, and will pick a back road to cycle on in preference to a
dual carriageway any day.

So you admit that drivers pose a serious danger to cyclists on public
roads? Why do you think it should be allowed to continue?

Old September 12th 09, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

On Sep 12, 4:20*pm, Doug wrote:
On 12 Sep, 10:09, "Graculus"
wrote: "Doug" wrote in message

[...]

Perhaps cyclists should be excluded from that streach of road if there
is an easy alternative route.
The would contribute to safety of all road users.
You are in favour of safety aren't you Doug?

PeterG
Old September 12th 09, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]

Doug wrote:
On 12 Sep, 10:09, "Graculus"
wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

[...]

So you want cyclists banned from the road for their own safety do you Doug?

Old September 12th 09, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
keeone

Doug wrote:
Another unfortunate 'accident' no doubt. These dratted cyclists just
keep on getting in the way don't they. Hang on though, the article
calls it a 'crash'. Now there's a thing!

"A car driver has been arrested after a cyclist died and another was
injured in a crash on a main road in Devon.

The two cyclists were involved in a collision with a Peugeot 106 car
at about 0840 BST on the A30 at Tedburn St Mary, near Exeter.

The driver of the car, a 22-year-old woman from Okehampton, was
arrested and bailed by police until 7 December.

Both cyclists are believed to be visitors to the area. The eastbound
carriageway has now been reopened."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8250364.stm

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were on a ride for Charity...............

A CYCLIST from Derby who died in a crash in Devon yesterday has been named.

Simon Evans, 38, was cycling along the A30 at Tedburn St Mary, near
Exeter, when he collided with a car at about 8.40am.

A second cyclist who was also hurt in the crash is being treated for
cuts and bruises in hospital.

It is believed both men had been taking part in a charity cycle ride.

The driver of the car, a 22-year-old woman from Okehampton, was arrested.

She was later released on police bail.
Old September 12th 09, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Doug wrote:
Another unfortunate 'accident' no doubt. These dratted cyclists just
keep on getting in the way don't they. Hang on though, the article
calls it a 'crash'. Now there's a thing!

"A car driver has been arrested after a cyclist died and another was
injured in a crash on a main road in Devon.

The two cyclists were involved in a collision with a Peugeot 106 car
at about 0840 BST on the A30 at Tedburn St Mary, near Exeter.

The driver of the car, a 22-year-old woman from Okehampton, was
arrested and bailed by police until 7 December.

Both cyclists are believed to be visitors to the area. The eastbound
carriageway has now been reopened."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8250364.stm

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Well it looks like things are being done correctly, unless you were
there & could give us a witness statement.

Do keep us updated (facts only)

--

Tony Dragon
Old September 13th 09, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 12 Sep, 16:28, PeterG wrote:
On Sep 12, 4:20*pm, Doug wrote:

On 12 Sep, 10:09, "Graculus"
wrote: "Doug" wrote in message

[...]

Not at the expense of liberty and it is much better to reduce the
source of danger than to keep on avoiding it.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
Old September 13th 09, 07:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Graculus

"Phil W Lee" phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk wrote in message
"Graculus" considered Sat, 12 Sep
2009 10:09:47 +0100 the perfect time to write:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

The cyclists were apparently not from the area, so I suspect that the
lack of any signposting of the alternative route could well be a
contributing factor.
Trying to follow routes in unfamiliar areas without ending up on major
roads can be extremely frustrating and difficult, particularly as many
of the "old roads" are cut by the dual carriageways that replace them
- and there's no way of knowing from the signs if that has been done
in any particular case.

Never had any problem doing that. I use a map.

Another killer driver gets away with it. Doug[_3_] UK 22 September 9th 09 08:38 AM
Four years for killer driver on a mobile. spindrift UK 21 March 17th 08 10:48 PM
Killer driver justice- American style spindrift UK 4 January 26th 08 09:09 AM
Killer driver walks free spindrift UK 0 May 22nd 07 09:52 AM
Killer bus driver- trial starts spindrift UK 19 November 1st 06 03:12 PM