Indeterminate jail term for killer driver?

Old September 23rd 09, 02:17 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Adrian

Default Indeterminate jail term for killer driver?

"Brimstone" gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

How does any of that prevent someone suffering a heart attack whilst
driving Doug?

It minimises the number of people who are likely to kill as a result of
a heart attack, obviously.

How does it do that Doug? Perfectly fit people suffer heart attacks with
no warning at ll.

Y'know, I think Duhg might be onto something.

All we need do is to get the NHS to fund complete health checks for
everybody in the country, every 6 months or so, and we've got a nation of
IMMORTALS! Since no other aspect of the NHS would be required, the
overall budget could be reduced massively.

Duhg for minister of health!
Old September 23rd 09, 05:34 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Brimstone wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
On 22 Sep, 08:07, "Brimstone" wrote:
Doug wrote:
In truth nowhere is safe on our roads and pavements and
the totally innocent can be killed at any moment by a run-away driver.
One wonders why driving tests are so lax, and taxation and justice so
slight, as to allow so many people to get behind the wheel and then
present a serious threat to others. Isn't it long overdue that this
widespread menace should finally be reigned in and reduced to
reasonable proportions, if killing people can ever be considered
'reasonable'?

How does any of that prevent someone suffering a heart attack whilst
driving
Doug?

It minimises the number of people who are likely to kill as a result
of a heart attack, obviously.

How does it do that Doug? Perfectly fit people suffer heart attacks with
no warning at ll.

You must agree that it is important to
get as many killers as possible off our roads?

In which vein Doug, when are you going to give up using the roads? You
admitted that you're not fit enough to retain proper control of your
bicycle. Imagine the consequences if you lost control and veered into
the path of a car forcing the driver to swerve and knock over another
cyclist. Could you live with yourself?

He would be able to retain control if he was on a railway platform.

--

Tony Dragon
Old September 23rd 09, 05:41 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Adrian

Tony Dragon gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

In which vein Doug, when are you going to give up using the roads? You
admitted that you're not fit enough to retain proper control of your
bicycle. Imagine the consequences if you lost control and veered into
the path of a car forcing the driver to swerve and knock over another
cyclist. Could you live with yourself?

He would be able to retain control if he was on a railway platform.

No, no, no. It'd be the car driver's fault.
Old September 24th 09, 06:09 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Doug wrote:
In truth nowhere is safe on our roads and pavements and
the totally innocent can be killed at any moment by a run-away driver.
One wonders why driving tests are so lax, and taxation and justice so
slight, as to allow so many people to get behind the wheel and then
present a serious threat to others. Isn't it long overdue that this
widespread menace should finally be reigned in and reduced to
reasonable proportions, if killing people can ever be considered
'reasonable'?

How does any of that prevent someone suffering a heart attack whilst
driving
Doug?

It minimises the number of people who are likely to kill as a result
of a heart attack, obviously.

How does it do that Doug? Perfectly fit people suffer heart attacks with no
warning at ll.

Duh! Fewer cars = fewer crashes.

You must agree that it is important to
get as many killers as possible off our roads?

In which vein Doug, when are you going to give up using the roads? You
admitted that you're not fit enough to retain proper control of your
bicycle. Imagine the consequences if you lost control and veered into the
path of a car forcing the driver to swerve and knock over another cyclist.
Could you live with yourself?

I probably wouldn't have to.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
Old September 24th 09, 06:11 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 23 Sep, 14:17, Adrian wrote:
"Brimstone" gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

How does any of that prevent someone suffering a heart attack whilst
driving Doug?
It minimises the number of people who are likely to kill as a result of
a heart attack, obviously.

How does it do that Doug? Perfectly fit people suffer heart attacks with
no warning at ll.

Y'know, I think Duhg might be onto something.

All we need do is to get the NHS to fund complete health checks for
everybody in the country, every 6 months or so, and we've got a nation of
IMMORTALS! Since no other aspect of the NHS would be required, the
overall budget could be reduced massively.

Duhg for minister of health!

No firstly drivers would have to fund their own health checks and this
would REDUCE health related crashes/killings not eliminate them.
Obviously unfit drivers would lose their licences.

Old September 24th 09, 07:42 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Doug wrote:
On 23 Sep, 14:17, Adrian wrote:
[...]

Surely this should be for all road users?

--

Tony Dragon
Old September 24th 09, 09:29 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
AlanG

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 22:11:20 -0700 (PDT), Doug
wrote:

On 23 Sep, 14:17, Adrian wrote:
[...]

It's about time cyclists were made to pass a test, have insurance and
a number plate on their bikes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...permarket.html
Old September 24th 09, 09:43 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone

Doug wrote:
On 23 Sep, 14:17, Adrian wrote:
"Brimstone" gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

How does any of that prevent someone suffering a heart attack
whilst driving Doug?
It minimises the number of people who are likely to kill as a
result of a heart attack, obviously.
How does it do that Doug? Perfectly fit people suffer heart attacks
with no warning at ll.

Y'know, I think Duhg might be onto something.

All we need do is to get the NHS to fund complete health checks for
everybody in the country, every 6 months or so, and we've got a
nation of IMMORTALS! Since no other aspect of the NHS would be
required, the overall budget could be reduced massively.

Duhg for minister of health!

No firstly drivers would have to fund their own health checks and this
would REDUCE health related crashes/killings not eliminate them.

How so Doug?

Obviously unfit drivers would lose their licences.

As they do now. But what about those who are not "obviously" unfit Doug?

Old September 24th 09, 09:46 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone

Doug wrote:
In truth nowhere is safe on our roads and pavements and
the totally innocent can be killed at any moment by a run-away
driver. One wonders why driving tests are so lax, and taxation
and justice so slight, as to allow so many people to get behind
the wheel and then present a serious threat to others. Isn't it
long overdue that this widespread menace should finally be
reigned in and reduced to reasonable proportions, if killing
people can ever be considered 'reasonable'?

How does any of that prevent someone suffering a heart attack
whilst driving
Doug?

It minimises the number of people who are likely to kill as a result
of a heart attack, obviously.

How does it do that Doug? Perfectly fit people suffer heart attacks
with no warning at ll.

Duh! Fewer cars = fewer crashes.

But how are we going to end up with fewer cars if everyone is found to be
healthy?

You must agree that it is important to
get as many killers as possible off our roads?

In which vein Doug, when are you going to give up using the roads?
You admitted that you're not fit enough to retain proper control of
your bicycle. Imagine the consequences if you lost control and
veered into the path of a car forcing the driver to swerve and knock
over another cyclist. Could you live with yourself?

I probably wouldn't have to.

Why not?

Killer driver bailed. Doug[_3_] UK 24 September 19th 09 10:04 AM
Another killer driver gets away with it. Doug[_3_] UK 22 September 9th 09 08:38 AM
Driver who killed cyclist told to expect jail. Simon Mason[_2_] UK 22 February 3rd 08 08:17 PM
[Fwd: Death driver jail term criticised] Tony Raven[_2_] UK 55 July 4th 07 10:59 PM
Killer drivers to face longer jail terms? Helen C Simmons UK 15 February 5th 05 06:45 PM