Quizz - July 25

Old July 25th 08, 09:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Default Quizz - July 25

Brake levers have changed shape over the years and there have indeed
been some eyesores lately like a certain Japanese brand which is
popular with those who can't afford the best Italian gear or used
under suffrance by teams whose sponsorship arrangements compel them to
use it.

(Campag wears in - Shimano wears out, right?)

But what characteristic in particular made the Bartali lever stand out
in a crowd?

--
Davey Crockett
-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wRRY...eature=related

Vote the Tories and Labour out.
Join a Nationalist Party with your Blood Brothers

If you don't like our Anthem; go back where you came from.

And the Irish will be no push-over for the New World Order either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd5Dc...eature=related
Old July 25th 08, 10:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=139790
Old July 25th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Davey Crockett wrote:
Brake levers have changed shape over the years and there have indeed
been some eyesores lately like a certain Japanese brand which is
popular with those who can't afford the best Italian gear or used
under suffrance by teams whose sponsorship arrangements compel them to
use it.

(Campag wears in - Shimano wears out, right?)

But what characteristic in particular made the Bartali lever stand out
in a crowd?

Tape on the lever?

Bob Schwartz
Old July 25th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Bob Schwartz a écrit profondement:

| Davey Crockett wrote:
| Brake levers have changed shape over the years and there have indeed
| been some eyesores lately like a certain Japanese brand which is
| popular with those who can't afford the best Italian gear or used
| under suffrance by teams whose sponsorship arrangements compel them to
| use it.
|
| (Campag wears in - Shimano wears out, right?)
|
| But what characteristic in particular made the Bartali lever stand out
| in a crowd?
|
| Tape on the lever?

Nope

--
Davey Crockett
-

Old July 26th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Davey Crockett wrote:

Bob Schwartz a écrit profondement:

| Davey Crockett wrote:
| Brake levers have changed shape over the years and there have indeed
| been some eyesores lately like a certain Japanese brand which is
| popular with those who can't afford the best Italian gear or used
| under suffrance by teams whose sponsorship arrangements compel them to
| use it.
|
| (Campag wears in - Shimano wears out, right?)

Wait, I thought this was a Nashbar by Microshift reference!

| But what characteristic in particular made the Bartali lever stand out
| in a crowd?
|
| Tape on the lever?

Nope

Going by the photos I can find online, I'm going to take a wild guess
and say the grip was sculpted with "knuckles" to fit between his fingers
(like the texture on the back of a car steering wheel in the good old
days)

This is the largest version I can find online of the classic Bartali e
Coppi photo:

http://www.ilpianetalibro.it/upload/.../chinnici1.jpg

It's so big that the full res shows the halftoning artifacts of the
scanned book cover. There you can compare the levers of Gino and Fausto.

Tour Quizz Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 0 July 23rd 08 06:22 AM
Rest day quizz Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 6 July 22nd 08 11:17 AM
Cycle Safety Quizz Bertie Wiggins UK 16 October 10th 05 07:51 PM
Deaths since 7 July [email protected] UK 19 October 9th 05 12:32 PM
Quizz Time vernon levy UK 5 January 31st 04 08:11 PM