Almost a total waste of time

Old August 12th 05, 01:43 PM
wafflycat

Default Almost a total waste of time

The only thing decent about this morning was that I got a bike ride out of
it. BAH!

Had an optician's appointment at Specsavers in Dereham. "Should have gone to
Specsavers" BAH! "Should not have gone to Specsavers" would be more
accurate.

I need new contact lenses and my eyes are due for a test, so instead of ging
all the way into Norwich, I made an appointment at the relatively new branch
of Specsavers that has opened in Dereham. Total waste of space. My
appointment was at 11.40. A woman whose appointment time was *after* mine
was seen before me. The shop is small, so you can hear everyone's
conversations... loads of people were coming in and making complaints about
thier specs... by 12.25 I hadn't been seen and I'd heard all of these
complaints... so I took the hint and left. I value my eyes, they are the
only pair I have!

At least I got an albeit short cycle ride, town & back out of it!

Cheers, helen s

Old August 12th 05, 01:57 PM
Simon Bennett

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

Lesson #1: avoid Specas*vers like the plague. All my experiences of them
have been uttlery dire, ditto Vision Express. I gave them plenty of chances
to get things right; I have no idea why. specsavers used to be godd, but
something changed about 3 years ago.

Use your friendly, neighbourhood optician. He might actually: a) know your
case, remember you and understand your needs, and b) give a ****.

Old August 12th 05, 01:59 PM
Simon Bennett

There is no lesson #2.

Old August 12th 05, 02:05 PM
wafflycat

"Simon Bennett" wrote in
message .. .

Lesson #1: avoid Specas*vers like the plague. All my experiences of them
have been uttlery dire, ditto Vision Express. I gave them plenty of
chances to get things right; I have no idea why. specsavers used to be
godd, but something changed about 3 years ago.

Use your friendly, neighbourhood optician. He might actually: a) know your
case, remember you and understand your needs, and b) give a ****.

Sadly the friendly local optician near me is cr*p when it it comes to
contacts. Have to say that I've had good service from Vision Express in
Castle Mall, Norwich. It's back there for me I think.

Cheers, helen s

Old August 12th 05, 02:53 PM
Rob

No that I am trying to promote them but I have always found my local
SpecSavers to be very good.

Rigorous testing of my eyes and every now and again a load of free
monthly disposable lenses which they happen to find hanging around for
me.

Just about to have a free trial of those new lenses that can be left in
for a month.

Maybe you should suggest that there is a family history of glaucoma or
macula degeneration in the family. That always makes them keep an eye
on things (ouch!)

Incidentaly my family histroy does include those conditions so I have a
valid cause of concern.

Maybe it just comes down to the staff and not the company as a whole.

Old August 12th 05, 03:33 PM
Peter Fox

Following on from wafflycat's message. . .
Sadly the friendly local optician near me is cr*p when it it comes to
contacts. Have to say that I've had good service from Vision Express in
Castle Mall, Norwich. It's back there for me I think.

I speak at the only person in the country who has a clue how to manage
the quality of 'primary ocular care'. The trouble is that (a) the whole
thing is a complete mess and (b) nobody will do anything about it.

I don't suppose you are in the Breckland Primary Care Trust area? When
I wrote to these clowns offering them a completely free audit of their
primary ocular care systems they sent a snotty REMOVE US FROM YOUR
MAILING LIST email. So the people who should be looking after you don't
want to know. This is a country-wide, local and national problem. -
And it will get worse.

(For collectors everywhe Here's a sig block you haven't seen before)

--
PETER FOX
MOPOC Ltd. Leading modernisation in primary ocular care
Old August 12th 05, 03:51 PM
Mark Tranchant

Peter Fox wrote:

I don't suppose you are in the Breckland Primary Care Trust area? When
I wrote to these clowns offering them a completely free audit of their
primary ocular care systems they sent a snotty REMOVE US FROM YOUR
MAILING LIST email.

Whilst I don't want to comment on the quality of primary ocular care or
the caringness of the trust, you *did* send them unsolicited commercial
email. Never mind that you were offering a free service: I *believe*
that your actions were illegal.

--
Mark.
http://tranchant.plus.com/
Old August 12th 05, 04:02 PM
Arthur Clune

Mark Tranchant wrote:

email. Never mind that you were offering a free service: I *believe*
that your actions were illegal.

Believe away. But I *believe* that there's no law against spam in this country.

There's a bad law in the US, a rather better on in Oz.

Arthur

(and let's not get into wether what Peter sent was spam or a helpful offer)

The struggle of people against power is the struggle
of memory against forgetting - Milan Kundera

Old August 12th 05, 10:29 PM
wafflycat

"Scrumpy Joe" wrote in message
news

In terms of relative scale going to Specsavers is like going to Halfords
for a bike; you just don't do it, you go to your LBS instead. So why not
apply the same principle to your eyes and go to your local LOS (Local
Opticians Shop)?

Because based on personal experience, it too is equally crap :-(

Cheers, helen s

Old August 12th 05, 10:51 PM
Tony Raven

Arthur Clune wrote:
Mark Tranchant wrote:

email. Never mind that you were offering a free service: I
*believe* that your actions were illegal.

Believe away. But I *believe* that there's no law against spam in
this country.

There is - The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive)
Regulations 2003 - but it does not apply to spam sent to commercial
e-mail addresses, only private ones.

--
Tony

Anon

Speedplay v. Time Bob M General 3 August 24th 04 08:11 PM
Calorie Estimates.... LaoFuZhi UK 59 July 26th 04 07:17 PM
Saiz On Armstrong B. Lafferty Racing 25 July 4th 04 07:00 PM
Armstrong's Tour De France Time Trials Rik O'Shea Racing 33 November 6th 03 03:46 AM
Vimw unilaur Unicycling 1 August 16th 03 12:07 PM