[Vic] Sid Patterson Grand Prix

Old January 24th 06, 02:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default [Vic] Sid Patterson Grand Prix

warrwych Wrote:
Sounds like you had a good night out! You will understand what I was
trying to say about DISC feeling a bit "soulless". Maybe that will come
now they have named the velodrome

I find it a very sensory sport, track racing - the sounds, the smell of
the wood etc. Worst sound is that thud when someone hits the deck,
becuase you know its going to hurt and there is nothing they can do to
stop that slide to the bottom.

The track isn't so steep once you get used to it, but I still don't
like being at the top of those corners!

So, will you head off to Vodafone for the Austral SuzieB?

We have dinner planned for that night but I am sure there will be other
events.

--
SuzieB

Old January 24th 06, 06:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Sid Patterson Grand Prix

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
If you want more, NCC also have Track racing every thursday night at
DISC (until the venue closes for the Comm Games) starting at 7:30pm.
Spectator entry is free and you can either sit in the stands or mingle
out in the middle of the track with the riders and bikes. Usually the
Bistro is open if you are after a Beer (sorry no Goat).

There's also racing on Tuesday nights at 7pm as well but for some
reason this attracts fewer riders (maybe it's the popularity of the
Sandown Crit's). For the riders it's good as there is an all in 60 or
80 lap motorpace to finish off the night but for the spectator this
could be a little dull to watch.

Old January 24th 06, 06:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle

warrwych wrote:

Sounds like you had a good night out! You will understand what I was
trying to say about DISC feeling a bit "soulless". Maybe that will come
now they have named the velodrome

Now they've (Joe) named it after Joe ...