lance and the hospital room

Old July 20th 04, 07:48 PM
Rdsleuths

Default lance and the hospital room

who are the women in the hospital room and why did they say no comment? that
in and of itself is incriminating. I think people are delusional if they don't
think he hasn't taken/takes performance enhancing drugs. how do you explain
him being so above everybody else?
Old July 20th 04, 07:52 PM
J Jones

"Rdsleuths" wrote in message
who are the women in the hospital room and why did they say no comment?

that
in and of itself is incriminating. I think people are delusional if they

don't
think he hasn't taken/takes performance enhancing drugs. how do you

explain
him being so above everybody else?

It's called "being the best", and he's definitely that. Every sport
eventually has someone that is heads and shoulders above everyone else - it
doesn't last forever. Lance works harder than anyone else and is
genetically gifted.
Jeff

Old July 20th 04, 08:20 PM
Ron Blancarte

Rdsleuths used 100% recycled electrons to write:

who are the women in the hospital room and why did they say no comment? that
in and of itself is incriminating. I think people are delusional if they don't
think he hasn't taken/takes performance enhancing drugs. how do you explain
him being so above everybody else?

I, as a Lance fan, would say this - BEFORE he has his bout with
cancer, do i think it is very likely that Lance took performance
enhancing drugs. That was the era of the sport that everyone took
drugs, hell a certain french team was caught with a freaking box of
the stuff during one race!!! You had to level the field, thus you had
to take stuff. So do I think that whole hospital room thing
incriminates him? In some ways, yes, PRE CANCER.

Post cancer is a different story. I think that at this point, Lance
has won his races cleanly. I think that he passes all his drug tests,
because he doesn't take anything to win. I mean, considering the
scrutiny that Lance is under, if he is doping, unless he is Houdini, I
don't see how he isn't caught.

One of the tell tail statements he has made is when he was asked
during the Discovery Channel press conference "Can you assure your
fans that you have never taken performance enhancing drugs?". His
answer was not "Yes." It was deflect question, then say "We do not
use performance enhancing drugs." (present tense).

That all being said, if we are going to get on this guy for being a
past doper, where is all the criticism on Virenque to be kicked out
now? Sure there is talk here on RBR about "Dick", but still, he
doesn't get the scrutiny of Lance by the media, and he for sure used
the stuff!

RonB

"It is human nature to take shortcuts in thinking"
Old July 20th 04, 08:35 PM
Preston Crawford

On 2004-07-20, Ron Blancarte wrote:
One of the tell tail statements he has made is when he was asked
during the Discovery Channel press conference "Can you assure your
fans that you have never taken performance enhancing drugs?". His
answer was not "Yes." It was deflect question, then say "We do not
use performance enhancing drugs." (present tense).

The thing I've always wondered about is his spouses/girlfriends. Remember,
there have been like 3 during this whole wild ride. I would imagine (if
the needle marks are as obvious as the writers of that book would have you
believe and that they have to be covered with makeup) that someone who was
*with* him, would probably know he was taking something. Heck, just being
around someone that much would probably tip you off. So why hasn't his
ex-wife or Sheryl Crow said anything? Why would SC even be with him if he
was doping? I'm assuming she's made of better stuff than that morally. The
only thing I can guess is either they're all cheaters and they're all part
of one big scam, or they're all dumb (they meaning his loved ones around
him), or he's not doping. It just seems logical that given the stakes,
given the house of cards that would crumble if he were cheating, that all
these people wouldn't be around him if they didn't believe in him and that
he was clean. Maybe that's naive, but it just doesn't make sense that he'd
be cheating and either no one close to him would notice or they would be
culpible.

Preston
Old July 20th 04, 08:47 PM
Ron Blancarte

Ron Blancarte used 100% recycled electrons to write:

[...]

Let me also ask this: Should Lance have to answer questions about
events of 7-8 years ago? Especially from a past era of the sport
where the governing body was willing to turn a blind eye to this kind
of cheating?

Old July 20th 04, 09:20 PM
matabala

wrote in message
news

According to two
attorneys I work with
on a nearly daily basis, the fact that they answered no comment is simply
evidence of good
lawyering.

They noted that Armstrongs legal team most likely requested all
who are involved (and friends of Armstrong so they would listen) to answer
no comment.

That's convenient, why go to all the trouble when a simple confirmation of
Armstrong's doping denial would put the matter to rest?

Old July 20th 04, 10:00 PM

On 20-Jul-2004, "matabala" wrote:

According to two
attorneys I work with
on a nearly daily basis, the fact that they answered no comment is
simply
evidence of good
lawyering.

They noted that Armstrongs legal team most likely requested all
who are involved (and friends of Armstrong so they would listen) to
answer
no comment.

That's convenient, why go to all the trouble when a simple confirmation of
Armstrong's doping denial would put the matter to rest?

You are either naive or disingenuous to believe it would put the matter to
rest, maybe for you but not Walsh,
they and other journalist would seek the opportunity to not stop their and
continue to
ask unrelated questions.

Attorneys will tell you that even if your innocent, responding openly to
questions can put you
more into hot water then extricate clarify. While your response may appear
innocent to you
often the unpracticed can offer answers that can easily be misconstrued by
those with an agenda.
No, no comment is usually the best response, saving the need to say keep the
story from
spinning out of control (more than it already has).

And besides you can loose any shock value you hope to use to embarass folks
with.
Old July 20th 04, 10:36 PM
Mimi Forsyth

Armstrong's heart is a third larger than most people's and his heart rate can
go from 30s to over 200.

www.mimiforsyth.com