Test your Tour Savvy

Old July 1st 08, 10:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Default Test your Tour Savvy

Predict the first rider to be booted from the 2008 Tour de
Dog****Reich for Charging UP

Name the Team the rider belongs to - 500 points

Name the Stage - 1000 points

Name the rider - 5000 points

Any two of the above correct - Double points

All three correct - Triple Points

In case the whole squad is booted, that team's number 1 rider will be
deemed to be the first rider booted unless the booting was the result
of a single identifiable offending _rider-. (Like if "TeamWinning******z"
are booted because the DS had banned substances in his possession,
their number 1 rider will be accepted as first rider to be booted.

Enties accepted up to one day before the rider is announced.
by email to

--
Davey Crockett
-
Old July 1st 08, 10:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Davey Crockett wrote:
Predict the first rider to be booted from the 2008 Tour de Dog****Reich
for Charging UP

Name the Team the rider belongs to - 500 points

Name the Stage - 1000 points

Name the rider - 5000 points

Any two of the above correct - Double points

All three correct - Triple Points

In case the whole squad is booted, that team's number 1 rider will be
deemed to be the first rider booted unless the booting was the result of a
single identifiable offending _rider-. (Like if "TeamWinning******z" are
booted because the DS had banned substances in his possession, their
number 1 rider will be accepted as first rider to be booted.

Enties accepted up to one day before the rider is announced. by email to

1st Prize: A Dick Pound look alike Dildo ?

Old July 1st 08, 10:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Donald Munro a écrit profondement:

| 1st Prize: A Dick Pound look alike Dildo ?

Easy on poor 'Nobody Luvz Me' Richard Pound

First they wouldn't let him be IOC President and the appointment to
WADA was a Sop to smooth DickeyBird's Ruffled Featherz

Then when that term expired, the CAS position was mentioned. Like, the
didn't need anyone. But the possibility got Dick Salivating again for
a while before they announced that someone else had been appointed
Head Honcho at the CAS and poor Dicky slunk off like a Whipped Dog to
rip off the rich Stikeman-Elliott clients in Montreal.

Which is a pity really, because Dick, who Davey has known since the
1954 British Empire Games in Vancouver, would not have let Flandis off
as lightly as the current incumbent did.

--
Davey Crockett
-
Old July 1st 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Davey Crockett wrote:

Donald Munro a écrit profondement:

| 1st Prize: A Dick Pound look alike Dildo ?

Easy on poor 'Nobody Luvz Me' Richard Pound

First they wouldn't let him be IOC President and the appointment to
WADA was a Sop to smooth DickeyBird's Ruffled Featherz

Then when that term expired, the CAS position was mentioned. Like, the
didn't need anyone. But the possibility got Dick Salivating again for
a while before they announced that someone else had been appointed
Head Honcho at the CAS and poor Dicky slunk off like a Whipped Dog to
rip off the rich Stikeman-Elliott clients in Montreal.

Which is a pity really, because Dick, who Davey has known since the
1954 British Empire Games in Vancouver, would not have let Flandis off
as lightly as the current incumbent did.

Dick Pound's problem, as far as I can tell, has been that his heart was
in the right place and his mouth was off doing tactically unjustifiable
things.

For example, he pretty much drove the entire country of Canada nuts when
he claimed that up to 1/3 of all NHL players were on PEDs.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2005/11/24/dick_pound051124.html

Which is ridiculous, of course.

The real number was probably higher.

But the real problem is that if you're Dick Pound, head of WADA, tarring
an entire sport with the tag of "dopers" that way isn't going to
alleviate the problem. First, it doesn't name names, so you slander the
2/3rds of clean players that you're claiming. Second, it probably
doesn't help, because if I'm one of the clean 2/3, don't I suddenly
think, "so that's what I'm doing wrong...."

He was impolitic in a position that could probably use more modesty.

Old July 12th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Davey Crockett a écrit profondement:

| Predict the first rider to be booted from the 2008 Tour de
| Dog****Reich for Charging UP
|
| Name the Team the rider belongs to - 500 points
|
| Name the Stage - 1000 points
|
| Name the rider - 5000 points
|
| Any two of the above correct - Double points
|
| All three correct - Triple Points
|
| In case the whole squad is booted, that team's number 1 rider will be
| deemed to be the first rider booted unless the booting was the result
| of a single identifiable offending _rider-. (Like if "TeamWinning******z"
| are booted because the DS had banned substances in his possession,
| their number 1 rider will be accepted as first rider to be booted.
|
| Enties accepted up to one day before the rider is announced.
| by email to

Well that was fast

Beltran on Stage 1

Incidentally one punter did get get Beltran, but then he qualified his
entry by stating "Any ex Motorola/Postal/Discvovery rider"

Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't

--
Davey Crockett
9/11 was an Inside Job

Tomorrow, Contador faces is most important test of the Tour Ryan Cousineau Racing 13 July 27th 07 07:10 PM
TOUR DE TEST PHOTO datakoll Racing 1 July 26th 07 04:31 PM
no EPO Test at Tour of California MagillaGorilla Racing 31 February 19th 07 09:26 PM
Test valley Tour (includes extract from "Start 'em young") JBB UK 15 April 19th 05 05:54 PM
Test Valley Tour JohnB UK 11 April 13th 05 08:24 AM