Crucifixion

Old July 17th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Crucifixion

From Yahoo Sports News, in an article "Tour Drowning" or some such BS
by Julien Pretot, employer not credited that I saw:

(quoting)

Evans added: “It is very unfair because our sport is trying to do the
right thing and it is crucified for doing the right thing.” (end
quote)

Couldn't have said it better myself. --D-y

Old July 18th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,
" wrote:

From Yahoo Sports News, in an article "Tour Drowning" or some such BS
by Julien Pretot, employer not credited that I saw:

(quoting)

Evans added: ³It is very unfair because our sport is trying to do the
right thing and it is crucified for doing the right thing.² (end
quote)

Couldn't have said it better myself. --D-y

FIFA, NFL, NBA, MLB are doing the right thing too,
but are not getting crucified. Why is that?
Because ASO, UCI, & WADA bought the timber & nails,
and asked everybody to lend a hand.

--
Michael Press
Old July 18th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Michael Press wrote:

In article
,
" wrote:

From Yahoo Sports News, in an article "Tour Drowning" or some such BS
by Julien Pretot, employer not credited that I saw:

(quoting)

Evans added: ³It is very unfair because our sport is trying to do the
right thing and it is crucified for doing the right thing.² (end
quote)

Couldn't have said it better myself. --D-y

FIFA, NFL, NBA, MLB are doing the right thing too,
but are not getting crucified. Why is that?
Because ASO, UCI, & WADA bought the timber & nails,
and asked everybody to lend a hand.

I've explained this befo cycling isn't a major sport.

BTW, swimming is edging out towards its own golden-girl scandal:

http://www.slate.com/id/2195473/

Yeah, the argument is basically "pas naturellement," but the last time
we saw an athlete with this sort of geriatric renaissance, it was Barry
Bonds.

Wait, is he clean? I've lost track.

Old July 18th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
],
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
" wrote:
From Yahoo Sports News, in an article "Tour Drowning" or some such BS
by Julien Pretot, employer not credited that I saw:

(quoting)

Evans added: ³It is very unfair because our sport is trying to do the
right thing and it is crucified for doing the right thing.² (end
quote)

Couldn't have said it better myself. --D-y

FIFA, NFL, NBA, MLB are doing the right thing too,
but are not getting crucified. Why is that?
Because ASO, UCI, & WADA bought the timber & nails,
and asked everybody to lend a hand.

I've explained this befo cycling isn't a major sport.

Cycling is a major sport. The mindset of the athletes in
cycling is not the same as athletes in some other sports
who do not mind mixing it up with people who threaten them.

Rugby is not a major sport, and they are not hounded.

--
Michael Press
Old July 19th 08, 08:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 17, 5:31 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

BTW, swimming is edging out towards its own golden-girl scandal:

http://www.slate.com/id/2195473/

QUOTE:
A further complication: Torres has been diagnosed (perhaps
suspiciously) with asthma and has said she takes medications
containing albuterol and formoterol, which increase lung capacity and
are verboten for Olympic athletes, except for those who get exemptions
to take them for medical reasons (as more than a few athletes
apparently do).

Where's Magilla when you need him?