Post COVID road funding

Old June 15th 21, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

Default Post COVID road funding

At the moment motor tax only covers 60% of motorway maintenance. So the question is how are motorists going to cover the difference now we are coming out of lockdown. Obviously Car Tax needs to be ultimately raised to £1 million a year so I suggest starting at £10 000 a year to soften the blow. Clearly this means cyclists will have to carry motorists for a few years but we are used to that.
Old June 15th 21, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_13_]

On 15/06/2021 12:40 am, Mike Collins wrote:

At the moment motor tax only covers 60% of motorway maintenance. So the question is how are motorists going to cover the difference now we are coming out of lockdown. Obviously Car Tax needs to be ultimately raised to £1 million a year so I suggest starting at £10 000 a year to soften the blow. Clearly this means cyclists will have to carry motorists for a few years but we are used to that.

A. What is "motor tax"?

B. How much does it raise per annum?

C. What is the claimed cost of annual motorway maintenance?
Old June 15th 21, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Tuesday, 15 June 2021 at 09:31:17 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/06/2021 12:40 am, Mike Collins wrote:

At the moment motor tax only covers 60% of motorway maintenance. So the question is how are motorists going to cover the difference now we are coming out of lockdown. Obviously Car Tax needs to be ultimately raised to £1 million a year so I suggest starting at £10 000 a year to soften the blow. Clearly this means cyclists will have to carry motorists for a few years but we are used to that.

A. What is "motor tax"?

B. How much does it raise per annum?

C. What is the claimed cost of annual motorway maintenance?

Hook, line, sinker, rod, keep net and copy of Angling Times.
Old June 15th 21, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_13_]

On 15/06/2021 12:13 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

On Tuesday, 15 June 2021 at 09:31:17 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/06/2021 12:40 am, Mike Collins wrote:

At the moment motor tax only covers 60% of motorway maintenance. So the question is how are motorists going to cover the difference now we are coming out of lockdown. Obviously Car Tax needs to be ultimately raised to £1 million a year so I suggest starting at £10 000 a year to soften the blow. Clearly this means cyclists will have to carry motorists for a few years but we are used to that.

A. What is "motor tax"?

B. How much does it raise per annum?

C. What is the claimed cost of annual motorway maintenance?

Hook, line, sinker, rod, keep net and copy of Angling Times.

If you don't know (and it's obvious that you don't), who not just be
honest and admit it?

Oh, hang on...
Old June 15th 21, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Tuesday, 15 June 2021 at 12:25:44 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Thank you for proving my point.

"who not just be honest and admit it" does not make sense BTW.

Old June 15th 21, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_13_]

On 15/06/2021 04:29 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
[...]

Well, not when it's being asked of *you*!

I'd already pointed that out.
Old June 15th 21, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Tuesday, 15 June 2021 at 17:30:38 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

I don't speak Unwashed Northerner, can you translate into English.

Covid off subject Tom Kunich[_4_] Techniques 102 May 10th 21 07:57 PM
Road Funding Mike Collins UK 20 August 18th 20 01:23 PM
FUNDING lewis[_2_] General 0 September 9th 08 11:58 AM