WHOOPS! Mountain biker with 'quite severe' injuries airlifted tohospital after heavy fall near Birk Brow

Old June 25th 19, 01:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default WHOOPS! Mountain biker with 'quite severe' injuries airlifted tohospital after heavy fall near Birk Brow

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...uries-16475705

Mountain biker with 'quite severe' injuries airlifted to hospital after heavy fall near Birk Brow

The 49-year-old woman had been riding with her husband when she had a nasty crash on moorland
By
Samuel Jones
12:21, 24 JUN 2019
NEWS
A mountain biker was rushed to hospital by air ambulance after a nasty crash on moorland near Birk Brow(Image: Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team)

A mountain biker was rushed to hospital by air ambulance after a nasty crash on moorland near Birk Brow.

The 49-year-old woman had been riding with her husband when she fell, suffering "quite severe" injures on Sunday.

Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team was sent to the scene in 4X4 vehicles - but had to trek two kilometres across farm tracks and fields to find the casualty.

They were accompanied by paramedics from the North East Ambulance Service.
Cleveland Mountain Rescue with the GNAA (Image: Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team)

The injured woman was stabilised and taken around 300 metres to the waiting Great North Air Ambulance which flew her to James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough.

A total of 19 team members were involved in this incident that lasted two hours.

A spokesperson for Cleveland Mountain Rescue team said: "This was a busy weekend for the mountain rescue volunteers and with two seriously injured patients to deal with in remote locations the weekend emphasized our close working relationships with the ambulance and air ambulance services."
Old June 23rd 20, 06:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
jim smith

JFC Mike, you still at this? Most MTBers left this place twenty years
ago! Still shaking your fist at the clouds, lol.

Old September 25th 20, 05:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Jerome D

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 11:48:08 AM UTC-6, jim smith wrote:
JFC Mike, you still at this? Most MTBers left this place twenty years
ago! Still shaking your fist at the clouds, lol.

Shaking his fist at the clouds and swinging blades at cyclists to earn jail time.

Hilarious and Pathetic

Hi Jim!

JD
Old October 1st 20, 09:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
jim smith

On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 09:53:06 -0700 (PDT)
Jerome D wrote:

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 11:48:08 AM UTC-6, jim smith wrote:
JFC Mike, you still at this? Most MTBers left this place twenty
years ago! Still shaking your fist at the clouds, lol.

Shaking his fist at the clouds and swinging blades at cyclists to
earn jail time.

Hilarious and Pathetic

Hi Jim!

JD

Hey JD -- still tearing it up (in an environmentally responsible way)
in CO? Good to hear from you.

Old January 10th 24, 04:45 AM
pearlvibe pearlvibe is offline
Junior Member

Well butter my backside and call me a cowboy, that's one heavy heap of hurt for that poor mountain biking gal! Though I reckon that airlift helicopter ride to the hospital beats saddling up and riding into town the old fashioned way.

Speaking of saddle soreness, I've been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest testing out this newfangled doohickey called the Dildo Machine Pearlvibe Mixer. And let me tell ya partner, it packs more of a wallop than getting thrown off a bull at the rodeo! With its 10 thrusting modes and heating warmer than a prairie campfire, that little machine had me yodeling to the stars.

I tell you what, after just one roll in the hay with that Pearlvibe gadget, I was walking funny as a bowlegged cowboy but grinning wider than a pig in slop! Had me moaning like tumbleweeds in a tornado. So if ya looking to add some wild western excitement to your range, grab yourself this Pony Express of pleasure. It's slicker than a greased pig and will leave you happier than a bull rider bringing home a big shiny belt buckle! Just don't get so distracted by your rodeo revelry that ya forget to close the barn gate and let all the horses out. Yeehaw!