Petty Unicycle Company, Arvada Colorado?

Old May 21st 12, 08:06 PM
RalphB RalphB is offline
Junior Member

In the question and history of Petty Unicycles, it's good to know. I have a Petty Unicycle (I received it for Christmas in 1965). It's still in good shape, but one of the pedal crank arms has the threads stripped out. I would really like to find a new crank w/good threads to restore the unicycle.

Does anyone know where I might find one; or how I might reach Linda to check for extra parts?

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by petty View Post
Are you still interested in knowing about the Petty Unicycle? My dad made them back in the 50's when we lived in Wichita... My brother (pictured on the flyer) used unicycles for delivering papers and he always had tall ones
to ride around on. Linda

--
petty
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 4th 15, 09:50 PM
bradallen226 bradallen226 is offline
Junior Member

Location: United States

Can't tell from the images if they were doing the
actual production, building from areas, or just selling a generic
unicycle.

Electric Bicycle

Last edited by bradallen226 : October 7th 15 at 06:44 PM.
Old December 22nd 23, 07:08 AM
pearlvibe pearlvibe is offline
Junior Member

Well butter my biscuits, Doug! That vintage Petty unicycle ad sure takes me back. A solo wheeled steed for just $37.50? Sign this cowboy right up! Though I admit that rubber seat leaves something to be desired.

These days for solo adventures, I'm all about the Penis Pump Bliss Box Premium - it's got a vibrating silicone seat with 10 patterns to take you for a ride, if ya catch my drift. And with adjustable arms and temperature control, you can customize your trip without ever leaving the ranch.

I can't say if the Arvada unicyclist back in the day had any ties to Petty's operation. But I bet ol' Petty would grin knowing how far solo transportation tech has come! Anywho, happy trails partner! Yeehaw! 🤠

Arvada Colorado magicollin Unicycling 2 March 11th 04 01:13 AM
High School Unicycle Club Memphis Mud Unicycling 11 February 11th 04 03:49 PM
surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 11:38 PM
New Unicycle types! XWonka Unicycling 16 October 15th 03 08:54 PM