Face it: Drivers don't like you!

Old August 3rd 09, 05:50 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

Default he fired a handgun at a bicyclist

"Aard" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 04:44:52 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Aard" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 01:31:05 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

[...]
I have been around for a longtime on these newsgroups - and under my own
name.

Congratulations. And the relevance to the point you were replying to
is...?

Tumbleweed...

Can you say the same?

Can you tell me why I should desire to?

I accord much less respect, if any, to those who hide behind user names.
It
indicates a lack of courage.
[...]

Well that's all well and good, but you haven't told me why I'd _want_
the respect of a halfwit yank.

Aard, you are what I live for. Not only are you incredibly stupid, but
you
are English besides. All the world hates the [Americans] English. God,
life
is good!

So your pleasure is to bait afflicted people? You're a 'grown up'*
version of the kid in the playground who used to pull the legs off
dragonflies? How unfortunate for you. Oddly, from the tiny portion of
your posting history I could be bothered to read, it seems you're
pretty much _universally_ reviled - "stupid" from you is almost an
inverse complement

I like to bait idiots like you because...

"So your pleasure is to bait afflicted people?" Oh, I was right then.
Why didn't you just say so?

your type mostly go through life ignored.

My "type"? What 'type' would that be then Ed? I would tell the wife
that you think I'm ignored but she isn't listening.

How else will you ever learn how stupid you are if not occasionally
confronted by someone infinitely superior to you.

Hmmm, good point. Tell ya what, when you _find_ someone infinitely
superior, ask him to talk to me and we'll see if you're right.

That can only happen on
the Internet because in real life superior types like me would never even
acknowledge a scum bucket like you. I perform this service out of sense of
noblesse oblige. We noblemen are to the manor born.

Sounds much more like some misguided sense of self-importance to me.
Shoulda guessed as much, not just a psycholist but an _American_
psycholist - I bet you really love yourself

Oh, and I corrected your spelling mistake above. No charge.

Play around with your own words all you want. You only indicate to others
what a scum bucket you are when you change words written by others.

And how do you indicate to others what a ****wit _you_ are? Oh, hang
on, you're doing it now...

Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to
empress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop
will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it
more rapidly. You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you
up,drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose
fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame
of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea
of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 3rd 09, 06:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

-snip-
Peter Cole wrote:

"I favor universal speed reduction to below lethal levels
(~18 mph) as a default"

If you could guarantee 18mph from Ohare to the Loop or from
Wilmette downtown, you could charge extra for using that
'fast lane'.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old August 3rd 09, 07:16 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Aard

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 11:50:28 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Aard" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 01:31:05 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:
[...]
[...]

So, **** all to address the points, then? How disappointing... Still,
you were only a yank - perhaps I had too high a goal for you, eh?
Old August 3rd 09, 07:18 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Aard

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 11:38:35 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Aard" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 04:27:49 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Aard" wrote in message
news On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 01:19:46 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

Here is something for you to wrap your minuscule mind around. Since you
are
a stupid English *******, why not give us a word for word translation of
what follows. It should be right up your ****ing alley.

"You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off,
pillock.
You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted
boggish
foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless
crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You
cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry ****head cockup
pratting
naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted
fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill."

A translation? Oh, that's easy. "You American, you".

"Bugger off, pillock."

Aww, Ed, I was so looking forward to that bitch-slap you were going to
lay on me. Have you given up so soon? Damn, I know you're one of those
yankee halfwits but I thought you'd last longer than that!

You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm
deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a
weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a
revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

Is this sort of dribble _really_ all you've got?
Old August 3rd 09, 08:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On 2009-08-03, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

We need to get the American public to grow beyond the stage of a 16-
year-old boy whose bedroom features a poster of a fast car and a hot
chick.

What have you got against hot chicks?

Hot chicks are fine with me. But the boys with the posters on the
wall are just ... um, dreaming.

- Frank Krygowski
Old August 3rd 09, 08:02 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Aug 3, 7:50*am, N8N wrote:
On Aug 3, 10:42*am, Dan O wrote:

On Aug 3, 7:33*am, N8N wrote:

On Aug 3, 10:01*am, Peter Cole wrote:

snip

There was a typical (for this time of year) depressing story this AM
about a 10 year old, fatally struck by a car as he exited an urban park.
There are many possible approaches to lowering the incidence of these
tragedies, the one that seems to be selected in this country is for kids
to give up biking and either stay at home or be chauffeured everywhere.
Biking to school is actually banned at the elementary school at the end
of my street. There is some speed that would have probably left that kid
alive. That's the speed that should be required around parks and other
areas where pedestrians and cyclists can be expected. In my book, it
takes an awful lot of motorist convenience to compensate for the death
of one kid.

But can that death be attributed to speed, or inattention?

The faster you're going the less time you have to be attentive.

My point is, that while it's a sad story, there's no mention of what
speed the driver was traveling or the circumstances of the incident.

snip

Without knowing the circumstances of the incident, we're
merely speculating - we don't *know* anything.

I know this: The slower people drive, the more time they have to
observe and assess potential hazards, react to avoid collisions, and
the less lethal inertia they clobber their victims with.

snip
Old August 3rd 09, 08:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
N8N

On Aug 3, 3:02*pm, Dan O wrote:
On Aug 3, 7:50*am, N8N wrote:

On Aug 3, 10:42*am, Dan O wrote:

On Aug 3, 7:33*am, N8N wrote:

[...]

Not necessarily. If you force people to drive what they perceive as
"too slowly" their attention will wander, and they won't pay the same
amount of attention to the road as they will if they are able to drive
at about their preferred speed.

nate
Old August 3rd 09, 08:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
GeneralissimoApeshit

Default too many "NATURAL BORN KILLERS" out there

On Jul 26, 6:03*am, ComandanteBanana wrote:
I know, I know. But the Natural Born Killers are out there...
and they have a License to Kill.

How stupid to you need to be to follow such a statement
with a winking, smiling emoticon?
Old August 3rd 09, 09:16 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Ben C

On 2009-08-03, N8N wrote:
[...]
Not necessarily. If you force people to drive what they perceive as
"too slowly" their attention will wander, and they won't pay the same
amount of attention to the road as they will if they are able to drive
at about their preferred speed.

I agree, it's a form of risk compensation. You will also get people
falling asleep more and that's already a problem.
Old August 3rd 09, 09:54 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On 2009-08-03, N8N wrote:
[...]

Not necessarily. *If you force people to drive what they perceive as
"too slowly" their attention will wander, and they won't pay the same
amount of attention to the road as they will if they are able to drive
at about their preferred speed.

I agree, it's a form of risk compensation. You will also get people
falling asleep more and that's already a problem.

I disagree. I think the falling asleep problem is exacerbated by
driving faster. Driving faster puts more strain on your perceptive
faculties, making you more tired. People who are driving tired also
may feel that the sooner they get home to bed, the better, and drive
even faster.

Face to face: Trike vs. standard bike on expedition [email protected] Recumbent Biking 19 November 26th 05 09:10 PM
Killer drivers to face longer jail terms? Helen C Simmons UK 15 February 5th 05 06:45 PM
egg on my face Callistus Valerius Racing 12 September 21st 04 11:30 PM
New RBR Face Papai Digital Racing 21 September 2nd 04 05:29 PM
Egg on my face! Michael Coleran UK 15 January 27th 04 06:49 PM