I am buying too much

Old November 4th 04, 03:18 PM
JRKRideau

(Maggie) wrote in message . com...
Dear Bicycles.misc
OK, now I am obsessed with my bicycle. I keep going back to the bike
shop to look at things. This is not good considering my favorite
hobby was always spending money. I blame this newsgroup.....you are
way too happy cycling. You are very passionate about the sport. You
are way too friendly to newbies. You share your love of cycling. You
put up with my posts. You are friendly and encouraging. YOU TERRIBLE
PEOPLE YOU!!!! Now I am going to go broke. (But I may be healthy.)
Healthy and broke.
Peace

No! No! N! Remember, you're going to start commuting to work by
bicycle Right there you are going to be 'saving' money at least on
gas. If your family has more than one car, you might even find that
you can get rid of one since most commuters' cars spend most of their
life in the driveway or the parking lot. Think of one less car
payment, one less insurance payment, fewer gas bills ....

Even with all those nice shiny babbles in the LBS (I do like that
Louis Garneau jersey sigh) you probably can SAVE money in the
longer term

Happy riding
John Kane
Perth ON Canada
Old November 4th 04, 09:25 PM
Ed

In article , JRKRideau says...

No! No! N! Remember, you're going to start commuting to work by
bicycle Right there you are going to be 'saving' money at least on
gas.

Yes you will save money on gas but you will eat more. It is not clear that
there will be a net savings.

Also bike parts do not last as many miles as car parts. A $20 bike tire is good
for 2000 miles, a $80 car tire for 80000 miles, one-tenth the cost per mile.

Old November 4th 04, 11:14 PM
Blair P. Houghton

B i l l S o r n s o n wrote:
Blair P. Houghton wrote:

I toss mine in the washer and start it as soon as I enter
from the garage. Cold water, about an ounce of liquid
detergent, let it spin, hang it on the railing to dry out,
no dripping involved.

What a selfish waste of resources (water & electricity). Wait till you
have a full load, for Mother's sake.

Clean shorts are never a waste of anything. And I can
afford both the water and the juice. You don't like
it? Tough ****, hippie.

Spandex is virtually indestructible under designed usage.
Some of my stuff easily has over 10K miles on it, and
still feels like new after 12 years in the closet.

It's time for you to come OUT of the closet, Blair.

Bill "too easy to pass up" S.

You find it too easy to pass up a ridiculous non sequitur?

I suggest you ride more and post less. You'll hurt yourself
less when you fall that way.

--Blair
"Now say something stupider, so
we can laugh at you again."

general buying advice please David UK 9 June 25th 04 09:57 PM
Bianchi Buying Advice mowestusa Techniques 3 April 30th 04 09:33 PM
Buying in Germany GreyFx2 Recumbent Biking 2 March 22nd 04 09:51 AM
Buying mail order from Italy Me UK 15 December 7th 03 08:41 PM