Don't ride on the footpath.

Old September 28th 12, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Don't ride on the footpath.

Cyclists must learn that they are road users that need to obey the rules,
not ride on footpaths to avoid the lights and then straight off into the
traffic.

Ormesby cyclist rode into side of coach .

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-31925133/

Old September 28th 12, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:43:03 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

Cyclists must learn that they are road users that need to obey the rules,
not ride on footpaths to avoid the lights and then straight off into the
traffic.

Ormesby cyclist rode into side of coach .

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-31925133/

Did the bus indicate left? If not I'd do him for manslaughter.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

| , \
.-"""-. | | ;
/ `.___ |
| O .=-"`| ; |
/ .' |
_.'--._ ( | ; | \
.-" ; ``\ | ; |
.' ; | |
/ .' ; | | | :
/_/ __.' , ; |
.' / / | ; |
.' _..--' _/ |_..- ;
/_.--''` __.-'`\\__ .==="" \ .
/ .--'` \\__.'--))) `; |
/ .' .-'--))) . |
/ .' .' ` _.'
/_.' .` __..--""````""===="" | ;
// / /` | ; .
Old September 28th 12, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

newsp.wlcozokbytk5n5@i7-940...
wrote:

Cyclists must learn that they are road users that need to obey the rules,
not ride on footpaths to avoid the lights and then straight off into the
traffic.

Ormesby cyclist rode into side of coach .

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-31925133/

Did the bus indicate left? If not I'd do him for manslaughter

The cyclist was on the footpath when he rode into the side of a coach.
Perhaps he did not see the coach?
Coaches can be difficult to see.

Old September 28th 12, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

wrote:

Cyclists must learn that they are road users that need to obey the rules,
not ride on footpaths to avoid the lights and then straight off into the
traffic.

Ormesby cyclist rode into side of coach .

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-31925133/

Did the bus indicate left? If not I'd do him for manslaughter

The cyclist was on the footpath when he rode into the side of a coach.
Perhaps he did not see the coach?
Coaches can be difficult to see.

The cyclist was "was waiting on a footpath to cross Fabian Road". Just as a pedestrian would have. What would be your opinion on the accident had a pedestrian done the same manoeuvre?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

What's a Scotsman's cure for seasickness?
He hangs his head over the side of the boat with a pound coin between his teeth!
Old September 28th 12, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

newsp.wlcv9zcrytk5n5@i7-940...

wrote:

Cyclists must learn that they are road users that need to obey the
rules,
not ride on footpaths to avoid the lights and then straight off into
the
traffic.

Ormesby cyclist rode into side of coach .

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-31925133/

Did the bus indicate left? If not I'd do him for manslaughter

The cyclist was on the footpath when he rode into the side of a coach.
Perhaps he did not see the coach?
Coaches can be difficult to see.

The cyclist was "was waiting on a footpath to cross Fabian Road". Just as
a pedestrian would have. What would be your opinion on the accident had a
pedestrian done the same manoeuvre?

The cyclist "was waiting on a footpath to cross Fabian Road".
If you can't see the problem here then you must be a cyclist.
Clue: Cyclist:
Clue: Footpath:
HTH

Old September 28th 12, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

wrote:

[...]

Clue - where do pedestrians wait to cross the road?

If the bus driver didn't see the cyclist, he wouldn't have seen a pedestrian in the same place - ergo the bus driver is quite capable of mowing down pedestrians.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

He was a very clumsy lover. So the girl had to put him in her place.
Old September 29th 12, 05:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

wrote:

Cyclists must learn that they are road users that need to obey the rules,
not ride on footpaths to avoid the lights and then straight off into the
traffic.

Ormesby cyclist rode into side of coach .

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-31925133/

Did the bus indicate left? If not I'd do him for manslaughter.
=====================================

I don't know but the cyclist riding on the pavement didn't even look.

Old September 29th 12, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te.../28/ormesby-cy...

Did the bus indicate left? *If not I'd do him for manslaughter.
=====================================

I don't know but the cyclist riding on the pavement didn't even look.

Could you show where the article says that the victim was riding on
the foot path. Was he on the footpath when the accident occurred?
Old September 29th 12, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Phil W Lee wrote:
"Mr Pounder" considered Fri, 28 Sep
2012 17:58:07 +0100 the perfect time to write:

wrote:

Cyclists must learn that they are road users that need to obey the
rules, not ride on footpaths to avoid the lights and then straight
off into the traffic.

Ormesby cyclist rode into side of coach .

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-31925133/

Did the bus indicate left? If not I'd do him for manslaughter

The cyclist was on the footpath when he rode into the side of a
coach. Perhaps he did not see the coach?
Coaches can be difficult to see.

PC Iain Turner, of Cleveland Police's collision investigation unit,
told the inquest the driver would not have seen the cyclist because of
the length of his vehicle.

PC Iain Turner should not be working at a collision investigation unit
until he has mastered the concept of a mirror.

the driver explained to the officer he was not aware of anybody and
the first thing he knew was that the coach "seemed to wobble".

He added that he then saw "something on the floor".

Strange how his mirror suddenly started working after he'd turned
across the cyclist.

I wonder if it ever, for a fleeting moment, might have crossed his
mind to use the mirror before turning, instead of after killing
someone?

since the cyclist was on the pavement, how would looking in a mirror help?

Old September 29th 12, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

wrote:

Cyclists must learn that they are road users that need to obey the rules,
not ride on footpaths to avoid the lights and then straight off into the
traffic.

Ormesby cyclist rode into side of coach .

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-31925133/

Did the bus indicate left? If not I'd do him for manslaughter.
=====================================

I don't know but the cyclist riding on the pavement didn't even look.

The cyclist assumed the bus was carrying on along the main road, this could have mean t he looked and it wasn't indicating.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Mary had a little lamb, it walked into a pylon. 10,000 volts went up its arse, and turned its wool to nylon.

40 mph on a footpath my bahookie. soup[_3_] UK 3 August 31st 12 07:13 AM
On the footpath? Mr Pounder UK 3 December 14th 11 05:10 PM
Legality of Footpath Cycling [email protected] Australia 4 August 8th 08 11:49 AM
Legality of Footpath Cycling Zebee Johnstone Australia 0 August 7th 08 05:36 AM
footpath riding Zebee Johnstone Australia 27 October 13th 07 04:36 AM