6 foot tall scumbag cyclist hospitalises OAP

Old April 1st 19, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default 6 foot tall scumbag cyclist hospitalises OAP

There is something very wrong with the mental state of these dangerous
cyclists. Bring on the number plates and insurance for cyclists.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/01/can-h...ement-9079827/
Old April 1st 19, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 01/04/2019 18:00, MrCheerful wrote:
There is something very wrong with the mental state of these dangerous
cyclists. Bring on the number plates and insurance for cyclists.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/01/can-h...ement-9079827/

"pushed him into the pavement" reads as though the pensioner was
wandering about in the road.

As far as I know, my cycle insurance would only pay out if I crash my
bicycle into someone or some thing and it is my fault. I doubt it covers
me if I have a mental breakdown.
Old April 2nd 19, 01:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 01/04/2019 21:02, TMS320 wrote:

On 01/04/2019 18:00, MrCheerful wrote:

There is something very wrong with the mental state of these dangerous
cyclists. Bring on the number plates and insurance for cyclists.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/01/can-h...ement-9079827/

"pushed him into the pavement" reads as though the pensioner was
wandering about in the road.

As far as I know, my cycle insurance would only pay out if I crash my
bicycle into someone or some thing and it is my fault. I doubt it covers
me if I have a mental breakdown.

Motor insurance would cover a driver or motorcyclist in such
circumstances (the law demands that).

You may be right about bicycle insurers (assuming that's the right term
for them) refusing to pay out where their "insured" has a mental breakdown.

Old April 2nd 19, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 02/04/2019 01:35, JNugent wrote:
On 01/04/2019 21:02, TMS320 wrote:
On 01/04/2019 18:00, MrCheerful wrote:

There is something very wrong with the mental state of these
dangerous cyclists. Bring on the number plates and insurance for
cyclists.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/01/can-h...ement-9079827/

"pushed him into the pavement" reads as though the pensioner was
wandering about in the road.

As far as I know, my cycle insurance would only pay out if I crash my
bicycle into someone or some thing and it is my fault. I doubt it
covers me if I have a mental breakdown.

Motor insurance would cover a driver or motorcyclist in such
circumstances (the law demands that).

My policy only mentions cars, it does not mention body parts.

You may be right about bicycle insurers (assuming that's the right term
for them) refusing to pay out where their "insured" has a mental breakdown.

"Bicycle insurers" resell from the same companies that wholesale motor
insurance.
Old April 2nd 19, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 02/04/2019 09:47, TMS320 wrote:

On 02/04/2019 01:35, JNugent wrote:
On 01/04/2019 21:02, TMS320 wrote:
On 01/04/2019 18:00, MrCheerful wrote:

There is something very wrong with the mental state of these
dangerous cyclists. Bring on the number plates and insurance for
cyclists.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/01/can-h...ement-9079827/

"pushed him into the pavement" reads as though the pensioner was
wandering about in the road.

As far as I know, my cycle insurance would only pay out if I crash my
bicycle into someone or some thing and it is my fault. I doubt it
covers me if I have a mental breakdown.

Motor insurance would cover a driver or motorcyclist in such
circumstances (the law demands that).

My policy only mentions cars, it does not mention body parts.

A common misapprehension. The vehicle is not the thing that is insured.
Although we routinely speak in terms of a vehicle being insured, it is
actually the driver and/or the owner who is insured, this being clear
within the insurer's wording of pilicies, certificates, etc.

You may be right about bicycle insurers (assuming that's the right
term for them) refusing to pay out where their "insured" has a mental
breakdown.

"Bicycle insurers" resell from the same companies that wholesale motor
insurance.

No doubt.

The same is almost certainly true of those who provide pet insurance and
cover for household and fridge/freezer contents.

Old April 2nd 19, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 02/04/2019 12:29, JNugent wrote:
[...]

That much is known. You're not explaining how it works outside the car.

"What is covered -
We will cover you for your legal liability to other people arising from
an accident which involves *your car* and..." etc.

Emphasis is theirs.
Old April 3rd 19, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 02/04/2019 15:28, TMS320 wrote:

[...]

What do you mean by "outside the car"?

And I have to assume that you are using "car" as a synonym for "motor
vehicle".

"What is covered -
We will cover you for your legal liability to other people arising from
an accident which involves *your car* and..." etc.

Emphasis is theirs.

Yes... but so what?

The issue - raised by you, one might add - was whether cycle insurance
covers a cyclist for his legal liabilities to other people arising from
incidents which involve him and his bike. You suggested that it might
not. We know, on the other hand, that no such arises with compulsory
motor insurance.

Old April 3rd 19, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 03/04/2019 16:18, JNugent wrote:
[...]

What it says. Once you get out of your car you cease to be a driver and
become a pedestrian. Your car insurer is no longer interested in your
personal behaviour and you would have to go to your house insurer.

And I have to assume that you are using "car" as a synonym for "motor
vehicle".

"What is covered -
We will cover you for your legal liability to other people arising
from an accident which involves *your car* and..." etc.

Emphasis is theirs.

Yes... but so what?

The issue - raised by you, one might add - was whether cycle insurance
covers a cyclist for his legal liabilities to other people arising from
incidents which involve him and his bike. You suggested that it might
not. We know, on the other hand, that no such arises with compulsory
motor insurance.

Oh dear. Then you haven't read (or, more likely, haven't understood) the
article. It describes a crash and the rider returning to assault the
OAP. There is no suggestion the bicycle was used in the assault, ie,
the cyclist had turned into a pedestrian.

Old April 4th 19, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 03/04/2019 17:51, TMS320 wrote:

[...]

So what?

How does that come into it? How and why is it an issue?

[...]

No-one can insure themselves against criminal sanctions. Who envisaged
or suggested that it is possible?
Old April 4th 19, 01:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 1:01:43 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

No-one can insure themselves against criminal sanctions. Who envisaged
or suggested that it is possible?

If a drunk driver crashes into my car it's insurance will not pay out? Is that what you are saying or would you like to move the goalposts?